Early 2018 Draft Projections

Allen Bailey had 11 TFL's and 7 sacks two seasons in a row and was All-ACC. He also was a physical freak who could play 3 different spots on the D-line. (3-tech, 4-tech and 5-tech)

He was drafted in the 3rd round. One of the main reasons he fell that low (despite having speed, size and ridiculous strength) is the fact that he couldn't bend the edge. (he was stiff)

Although they look nothing alike Chad and Allen's skill-sets are very similar. Both are strong at the point of attack, good against the run, can bull-rush but lack the ability to get an Offensive Tackle's shoulders turned in Pass-Pro.

Comparing different years and different situations.... Bailey didnt have coach kool as his dline coach did he??

Lol say some dumb **** about not setting the edge sounds just good enough for the clueless groupies to agree

Advertisement
Could Miami conceivably have 6 DL get drafted?

Thomas
Norton
McIntosh
Harris
Moten
Willis

Dee Delaney, Chad Thomas, Kendrick Norton, and RJ McIntosh all have 1st round talent and should be drafted in the 1st round.

I agree..

But they will have to perform at an elite level and Miami defense's would be considered the best defense in the country if we get all these players drafted in the 1st round!! I still really believe CMR will convince Norton or McIntosh to stay for their Senior year, especially if Miami makes a nice run this year.. IF CMR could get those two to stay for another year (at least 1) this defense would be really good for a 3rd straight year and more freshman studs to join them..

Thomas
Norton
McIntosh
Harris
Moten
Willis
Yes. Moten would need to show out a bit, but he has the potential and now the opportunity. Willis would have to stay clean and produce.

Advertisement
You wanna know how this list is B*llsh*t? The fact that a QB who had to transfer to be a starter is given a first round grade while Kendrick Norton who has unreal athleticism and a high motor as a 1 tech doesn't make the list at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again Dee Delaney(if he lives up to the hype) and Kendrick Norton(if he has an equal or better season as last year's) will be Top 2 round picks. If Richard absolutely explodes this year, he'll also be a Top 2 round pick.

The article clearly says it does not account for underclassmen

Still a B*llSh*t list just for including Max Browne....

My exact thoughts as well

"If he would've spent more time working on Football instead of making beats to that gosh darned hippity hoppity whatyamacallit, he'd be a 1st round draft pick!"

If Chad has a first round type of year, we're playing in the ACC Championship game. Have to agree with some of posters about him not having that bend, but at the same time, he's playing the strong side, so it's getting chip as well as help to his side. Joe Jack received a lot of one on one matchups last year, and I suspect that will change immediately.

Would like to see Chad slide inside on passing downs.

He's pretty beefy to be a consistently effective edge rusher but pair him along with Mac inside, and then Jackson, DJack, Garvin, Patchan, Johnson, Harris or whoever at DE.

Advertisement
Would like to see Chad slide inside on passing downs.

He's pretty beefy to be a consistently effective edge rusher but pair him along with Mac inside, and then Jackson, DJack, Garvin, Patchan, Johnson, Harris or whoever at DE.
Most of his action from the strong side is knifing inside toward the B and A gaps, which he's actually pretty effective at doing, so you can easily leave him out there and insert someone like Willis inside. Of course, we rotate, so guys like Patchan (if healthy), Johnson (if legit), etc., will get their shots, too.

Obvious passing down package:

DE Thomas
DT Willis
DT Mcintosh
DE Joe Jackson

Interesting experiments:

DE Patchan/Johnson or D-Jax (if slimmed)
DT Chad Thomas
DT Mcintosh
DE Joe Jackson

or

DE Joe Jackson
DT Mcintosh
DT Chad Thomas
DE Garvin (who i'm extremely high on)

Lol put coach in front of your name and you get groupies on this site lol hilarious

I don't have groupies, you ****. I was getting roasted on this board before your mom was having contemplations of whether to swallow you or not.

What I'm saying makes sense, it's got nothing to do with the "coach" before my name.

Allen Bailey had 11 TFL's and 7 sacks two seasons in a row and was All-ACC. He also was a physical freak who could play 3 different spots on the D-line. (3-tech, 4-tech and 5-tech)

He was drafted in the 3rd round. One of the main reasons he fell that low (despite having speed, size and ridiculous strength) is the fact that he couldn't bend the edge. (he was stiff)

Although they look nothing alike Chad and Allen's skill-sets are very similar. Both are strong at the point of attack, good against the run, can bull-rush but lack the ability to get an Offensive Tackle's shoulders turned in Pass-Pro.

Comparing different years and different situations.... Bailey didnt have coach kool as his dline coach did he??

Lol say some dumb **** about not setting the edge sounds just good enough for the clueless groupies to agree

So even though Chad has a weakness he's going to be drafted higher just cause Kool is his coach?

NFL GM - "Well he still can't bend an edge but I really like his college DL coach. First round!!!"

And I never said anything about setting the edge.

Boy you are one dumb MF'er.

"If he would've spent more time working on Football instead of making beats to that gosh darned hippity hoppity whatyamacallit, he'd be a 1st round draft pick!"

Finally somebody gets it! He's clearly only doing music during practice time, and I heard he sometimes dreams about music instead of football.

Advertisement
I tried listened my ti his music and it was the N word over and over. You're right, he needs to focus on football...and his English classes

Thomas
Norton
McIntosh
Harris
Moten
Willis

No.

I see McIntosh as a 2nd rounder and Norton in that range as well.

Harris maybe a 6-7th.

Thomas 3rd rounder.

Willis - ufa most likely but could sneak in to get drafted.

Moten - ufa

Advertisement

So even though Chad has a weakness he's going to be drafted higher just cause Kool is his coach?

NFL GM - "Well he still can't bend an edge but I really like his college DL coach. First round!!!"

And I never said anything about setting the edge.

Boy you are one dumb MF'er.

Lol ? Yes Coach Kool will get u drafted higher just bc he is your coach. Just like the opposite would happen if Coach Macho is your coach lol

Lol put coach in front of your name and you get groupies on this site lol hilarious

You notice how he brings stats and facts and you just spew opinions? That's why nobody respects your posts

Notice how a groupie thinks somebody elses opinion is a fact??? Lol

Here's what Macho brought

See the numbers and comparison in there?
Here's what you brought

"Comparing different years and different situations.... Bailey didnt have coach kool as his dline coach did he??

Lol say some dumb **** about not setting the edge sounds just good enough for the clueless groupies to agree[/QUOTE]

Notice no numbers, stats, or facts? You're the same guy that told us a freshmen who has never sat in a college practice is already better than Miami's all time leader is passing yards. He may very well end up being better but you see how that has no basis of fact at this point? You suck at this.

Advertisement
Back