Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man we about to get killed in the trenches
I am actually optimistic about LT, LG, and RT for this season. Not so much about what is going to happen between the C and RG. Bama's DL is a problem, I think they lost one starter, and I suspect their NT Dale is going to be nearly impossible for Gaynor to move at all. They also bring back most of their LB starters.

On the other side, Alabama lost 3/5 of their starters, including Leatherwood and the OL leader in ****erson. They're going to have to transition Neal over to the left side, where he's probably going to be fine but maybe there are some growing pains in his first college game there. It's Bama, so they just signed an awesome OL class and have a few blue chip options, but to replace starters at C, RG, and RT, but experience is lacking. I think our DTs will be able to hold up. Worried about the DEs, though.

Advertisement
I am actually optimistic about LT, LG, and RT for this season. Not so much about what is going to happen between the C and RG. Bama's DL is a problem, I think they lost one starter, and I suspect their NT Dale is going to be nearly impossible for Gaynor to move at all. They also bring back most of their LB starters.

On the other side, Alabama lost 3/5 of their starters, including Leatherwood and the OL leader in ****erson. They're going to have to transition Neal over to the left side, where he's probably going to be fine but maybe there are some growing pains in his first college game there. It's Bama, so they just signed an awesome OL class and have a few blue chip options, but to replace starters at C, RG, and RT, but experience is lacking. I think our DTs will be able to hold up. Worried about the DEs, though.
If we had last year’s DEs with this year’s coaching staff on the defensive side id have a little more hope. The only way we keep it close for a little while is if Bryce Young doesn’t come out crisp cause this’ll be his first game as a starter I believe. If we let Bama start the game off by rushing it down our throats it’s gone be a long day. I want to see what Lashlee can scheme up for us on the offensive side, I’m using this as a measuring stick cause last season Lane Kiffin first year at Ole Miss he atleast scored a big *** amount of points and kept it close against Bama until the 4th. Not saying Lashlee is Kiffin but it’ll show us what we really got with our OC and if he wants to get serious looks as a HC this the game to show the world he’s an offensive wizard.

Harvey is going to be a problem for them.

Harvey is going to be a problem for them.
I hope you're right. I thought he played well against Forfeit State last season and making his first start in the bowl game. Although I see the potential, I'm just not ever going to expect a DE making his second career start against Bama to show up and manhandle the guy in front of him.

Advertisement
I hope you're right. I thought he played well against Forfeit State last season and making his first start in the bowl game. Although I see the potential, I'm just not ever going to expect a DE making his second career start against Bama to show up and manhandle the guy in front of him.
While I agree about the manhandling that's not his game. He will outrun and run around these slow *** tackles they got.

If we had last year’s DEs with this year’s coaching staff on the defensive side id have a little more hope. The only way we keep it close for a little while is if Bryce Young doesn’t come out crisp cause this’ll be his first game as a starter I believe. If we let Bama start the game off by rushing it down our throats it’s gone be a long day. I want to see what Lashlee can scheme up for us on the offensive side, I’m using this as a measuring stick cause last season Lane Kiffin first year at Ole Miss he atleast scored a big *** amount of points and kept it close against Bama until the 4th. Not saying Lashlee is Kiffin but it’ll show us what we really got with our OC and if he wants to get serious looks as a HC this the game to show the world he’s an offensive wizard.
That's what concerns me like nothing else, the trenches as to fundamentals.

Alabama fans are poor mouthing talking about how they lost their "entire offense"...blah blah blah...but they replace 5 star with 5 star and they actually are taught to dominate trenches before anything else, which of course is the right approach. We haven't been so difficult to gash up the middle in many recent years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
even if by some miracle we win this kid still aint coming here

Oh he’ll come here. If he ends up being a Plan B guy for Alabama, LSU or somebody else. But that’s about it. Otherwise, it’s pretty clear what’s going on. And I’m not 100% convinced that this guy is a plan A guy for schools like Alabama or even Clemson. But we will see about that

Advertisement
Lol... He really has to post that he received an offer AFTER HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH THE STAFF? Someone tell his dad to log off of his son's account.
The ENTIRE defensive staff. He feels so humbled.
But. I can’t talk sht cause I ain’t 16-17 years old and didn’t grow up with social media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back