Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt want to be here and i assume staff prolly knows. im hoping w the new guys on the coaching staff, we get smarter and smarter about these kids recruitments. as someone said, we cant just go all in on a kid that we have zero shot in ****. there are some kids you keep chipping away bc you really know you have a shot and others you move on from (thats on the individual coach to evaluate their relationship w that recruit and see if the kid is playing them or not).

Advertisement
It’s very possible, and I have have no way to confirm this, that not only do the coaches have Little somewhat lower on the boards, but the staff has gotten the word that Miami is not a priority for his dad and him.

Personally, from what I’m reading, I don’t think the Little’s interest is in Miami, and Miami would be a fallback position for them.

They want the SEC.

Preferably Alabama, or LSU, secondarily any other of the middle of the road SEC teams, are preferable to them.

So, that’s fine, keep tabs, keep recruiting, and make Little a fallback position for us as well.

But please don’t give me this my daddy isn’t being contacted enough, when I think most people realize that’s just a defensive thing to say to interviewers.

Again, this is just my distance interpretation of what’s going on. I could be wrong. But the clues seem the point this way to me.

Advertisement
It’s very possible, and I have have no way to confirm this, that not only do the coaches have Little somewhat lower on the boards, but the staff has gotten the word that Miami is not a priority for his dad and him.

Personally, from what I’m reading, I don’t think the Little’s interest is in Miami, and Miami would be a fallback position for them.

They want the SEC.

Preferably Alabama, or LSU, secondarily any other of the middle of the road SEC teams, are preferable to them.

So, that’s fine, keep tabs, keep recruiting, and make Little a fallback position for us as well.

But please don’t give me this my daddy isn’t being contacted enough, when I think most people realize that’s just a defensive thing to say to interviewers.

Again, this is just my distance interpretation of what’s going on. I could be wrong. But the clues seem the point this way to me.

i agree. its also easy for them to say whatever they want publicly as to why they wont come to miami and we cant publicly comment on any of it. either way, im not too concerned. if the kid doesnt want to be here, he doesnt want to be here. i have a feeling that there are prolly a ton of people pressuring them to stay home and they just dont want him here but cant just be straight up about it (again this is on the outside lookingin based on the public media tour the littles are giving)

Advertisement
That’s another question. If they don’t want him things obviously change.

I mean, I have the same question. I get the sense that neither for Alabama nor LSU is he the highest cornerback on their board. So isn’t it possible they could just end up playing themselves?

This is just a guess on my part, but I could definitely see where when it comes time to actually sign people, when the rubber hits the road, that neither Alabama nor LSU will give him a commitable offer.

Why do I think this? Because I think it’s very possible that other cornerbacks are higher on their board and will sign with them. thus, no more room for him.

One distinct possibility, since they seem to be SEC starry-eyed, is them signing with some middle of the road SEC type team. Maybe Florida, maybe Mississippi or Mississippi State, that kind of team. Auburn as well.

It may well be that we are just a fallback position for them. Just a jump off sloot you call when no one else is available.

Again, I have no inside information, I’m just guessing here, based on the tea leaves.

I mean, I have the same question. I get the sense that neither for Alabama nor LSU is he the highest cornerback on their board. So isn’t it possible they could just end up playing themselves?

This is just a guess on my part, but I could definitely see where when it comes time to actually sign people, when the rubber hits the road, that neither Alabama nor LSU will give him a commitable offer.

Why do I think this? Because I think it’s very possible that other cornerbacks are higher on their board and will sign with them. thus, no more room for him.

One distinct possibility, since they seem to be SEC starry-eyed, is them signing with some middle of the road SEC type team. Maybe Florida, maybe Mississippi or Mississippi State, that kind of team. Auburn as well.

It may well be that we are just a fallback position for them. Just a jump off sloot you call when no one else is available.

Again, I have no inside information, I’m just guessing here, based on the tea leaves.

this smells like a Ole Miss signee only bc they dont want to go to miami due to pride and ego

Advertisement
USC isn’t always a draw for SFLA kids being recruited by the big 3. They haven’t landed a big recruit from Miami since Jamel Cook. FSU is straight garbage right now too. Let’s at least be honest.

It's always a tough pull for anyone across the country. Get them out there, same with west coast kids here, you've got a chance. LA is a destination, however legit or just a free trip is anyone's guess.

It's always a tough pull for anyone across the country. Get them out there, same with west coast kids here, you've got a chance. LA is a destination, however legit or just a free trip is anyone's guess.
It’s largely a free trip, especially given kids have been couped up for a year at home with COVID. Zero chance he goes there.

Cut the crap, mope.

F$U is a dumpster fire. More than a 1 year dumpster fire. If you think that the analysis is "well, F$U has won a championship more recently than UM", you are just delusional. Bimbo Fisher is not walking through that door.

LSU is in trouble on a number of fronts. You want to talk about "one year", well that championship is a one-year aberration.

Look, your logic is just a hodge-podge of bullcrap. You act as if these kids need to see Miami win (and we can't go back and erase the Golden years), but then you give the Gaytors credit for the 2008 national championship (when Earl Jr. was in kindergarten). And the SemenHoles won a championship when Earl Jr. was in elementary school. At least you had the good sense to recognize that the last USC title was probably not something that Earl Jr. remembers.

So, yeah, if Earl Jr. is visiting UF and F$U and USC because he has inside information on the impending rehires of Urban and Bimbo and Pete, then I can accept that.

But, again, the ISSUE is whether MIAMI is expected to do certain things that other programs are not expected to do. What, in God's name, did F$U do to prove that the Titanic is not sinking? If you choose to crap all over Miami's 8-3 season, then why do you defend the choice to visit a 3-6 program that is multiple coaches removed from their last championship season?

Stop BS'ing and acknowledge that YOUR argument about what Miami needs to do to "deserve" a visit from a UM legacy is just more "Miami needs to do things that people don't require from any other P5 program".

You threw a lot of stuff out there and overlooked probably the most important thing there is.

Yes, if we could keep all the best talent home we would be much better. We still would have to get players from other places as we always have, even in the best of times.

All these kids know that. They also know those or about those who've come here, good to even great prospects who didn't amount to much, let alone the NFL under various staffs that have come and gone. We have squandered so much talent and missed or didn't even recruit locally, it isn't even funny. These kids talk and I doubt it's very positive. We've gotta change that and I think are making ground in that facet of recruiting. We have to take the next steps, winning and producing beyond college.

As I said before, all those teams have done something in this kids lifetime. We've won what in that time? No conference title, an abysmal bowl record, float somewhere around 6 to 8 wins a year, and have our annual blowout loss. They've seen the games or heard about them, the loss to FIU, get steamrolled by UNC, Clemson, etc. What's our big shine? Notre Dame one year? The coaching carousel reflects our on the field performance and beyond college.

Then you get into what they're looking for in college. It takes a unique person to come here. It used to be about playing against the best in practice to be the best. You knew every time you messed up, the next guy in line was ready, better than the guy on the other team. We got guys out there who don't look like they belong, not just on this team but even in the ACC.

Does he want a big school? Every school he's listed is a big time state school with every bell and whistle one could want. We're making progress, but we won't every be as blinged out as the big schools.

Fanbase, man, some may say we keep it real, but I would say it's toxic. We want more one day ring of honor players out there, but we eat our own when we aren't even close to that yet. We question everything and don't believe in the coaches, but these kids are supposed to?

Why anyone would consider FSU right now, you've got me. The rest I can understand. Maybe he just tossed that school out there or truly has formed a bond with some of the staff. You would have to ask him.

Short end of the story, we've made a lot of promises to some good to great local high school players in the past decade and a half. We haven't been delivering for whatever reason. Are we connecting with this kid or others? Seems we did more this past class, but we gotta build on it.

It's tough though when they see players they know and played against staring elsewhere while some of those same kids came here and aren't doing a thing. Bama wants him, he's likely there unless we really show something this year. LSU, same thing of Bama passes. I don't expect FSU to be better than us, just can't see them being a real team to beat.

Show out, we'll get more. Not all, but more for sure.

Advertisement
Wonder if Earl Sr. is butt hurt we haven't offered him a position on the staff. What beef could he possibly have with the staff? It's either that or T-Rob/DVD told him he's not as high on our board as his ranking. Either way, unless something changes, I'm done caring about this kid.
Think its pretty clear and he said...Manny isnt on his meat as the oos coaches are.
He said he has barely ever talked to Manny. I dont think just in his recruitment of his son..just in general.

I just think they are big game fshing..They want an Lsu, Bama, Or Ohio State type of school. Im kind of hoping he is a priority for a Bama and keeps them off of Spells or some of our other oos cb targets.

Check my post history. Immediately after watching the video I said LSU. And I also thought the same about dad doing most of the talking. He kept saying it's the kid's decision but you know how that works. That interview told me all I needed to know. By the way, I really like Footballville but as a Canes fanI wish he'd (D) let X handle most of the interviews. X is more biased towards UM whereas sometimes it seems like he's taking small shots at his favorite team.
Just my .02
He does.

Its CANEVILLE and i think he forgets and thinks its FOOTBALLVILLE when he is interviewing at times.

Its like X even notices and tries to push the interviews in a UM slant.

Streeter if your on the board...Tighten up...You supposed to be some sort of bias on CANEVILLE.

*Earl Sr took over the whole interview and was selling hard that his son is a DOG....usually dont have to sell it that hard if he really was.

Thouh he said its the kids choice....to get Little Jr you gonna have to recruit SR like hes going to suit up for you as well lol

He seems to be on Bama's board when they project the class. would think that means he has a committable offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back