Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last stud CB that we put in the league with a Round 1 draft position? I get that we have been trying to get kids to stay home. But with battling Bama for kids like these, we do not have much to lean on. Seems to me that kids (and parents) want the path of least resistance to accomplish their goals of getting to the league with a high draft position. It is evident that unless a kid has a real dream to play here or wants to stay close to home (and that will not be an impediment to their growth) that they would try to go to the school that gives them the best chance to attain their goal. I am hoping that TS will ball out and can change the narrative so that we can attract better talent to not repeat the same.

I think the rest has been addressed, but I can't get down with the path of least resistance comment. They are loaded, year in and year out with guys in front of and behind you thirsty as **** for your spot. If you don't ball out, put forth maximum effort, someone is going to snatch your spot up.

We used to be like that. A pack of wild dawgs sitting on the bench chomping at the bit for their moment. Same at the powerhouse programs of today, there's nothing easy about any of it. Then there's Saban who won't let you just coast, he'll find someone else if that's your plan.

The NFL knows that these powerhouse programs have run you through the gauntlet. It's the closest thing you'll get to see before you get to the NFL.

Hope we'll get there, but nobody ever came here in the pursuit of least resistance when we were balling out. They came to compete against the best to be the best and that's what Bama is about. Be nice to land this kid if he's a top priority and many more like him.

Advertisement
UF has no shame sending DBU Happy Birthday graphics to his dad lol

UF has no shame sending DBU Happy Birthday graphics to his dad lol

Here is the DBU Happy Birthday Graphic the turds should be sending him

46451F2E-6E87-46D4-AB68-2FE9E9CF05E7.jpeg

This is the reason I wanted GR to play this season and JP to stay so he can play against Bama. I know it’s unrealistic. But the more layers perform on the field and the more wins we can get always helps recruiting. To be competitive against Bama you need players like JP on the field.
Everyone keeps saying “show up” against Bama
But what exactly does that mean? How many points are we supposed to score and how many points are Wes supposed to hold them to?

Saban is not going to allow this program to have any resemblance of a pulse.
If he has the ability to do so he will absolutely try to embarrass us and erase any doubt in the minds of any sofla player debating on staying home or going to kkklanville.

Advertisement
Got a chance to change that in a few months or at least make a kid think.....will we ? Probably not but we will have the shot to “ shock the world”...maybe they can get Mike Eruzerone ( sp) to give the pre-game speech to get the team motivated.
Still have no idea how they won that game....

...Saban is not going to allow this program to have any resemblance of a pulse.
If he has the ability to do so he will absolutely try to embarrass us and erase any doubt in the minds of any sofla player debating on staying home or going to kkklanville.

This is exactly right.

He not only wants to win, he wants to bury us.

Look at all the elite talent he has taken from South Florida. The last thing he needs is any semblance of a competitive program down here, at least competitive to his level of football, and embarrassing Miami would fit nicely in his present and future recruiting plans.

Advertisement
Rivals national writer spoke with him recently and posted the interview this morning.

Some of the highlights:

-The next step for Little is to trim his list of schools down. Around a dozen schools are communicating with him daily, so he is working hard to get that down to a manageable number.

-"With my dad going through the same thing years ago that I am going through right now, it just gives me the knowledge and support I need to get through it," said Little. "He has great advice on how I should handle things, how I should handle all the calls, and how to enjoy it all. He has really helped me understand everything, how to listen to the coaches, and he has been a big help. I am blessed to have him with his knowledge, experience, and how he is always there to answer my questions."

-"It is non stop. There are a few schools that hit me up daily, then there are others that hit me up every couple of days. But every day, I get anywhere from 10-15 different schools reaching out. They want to talk to me, do facetime calls, do zoom calls, or just text back and a forth. A lot of coaches recruit the same way. They like to check on me, check on my family, talk about their program, talk about what I can do for them, and things like that. There are some that get a little deeper, that keep it real about life, what I do outside of football, and things like that."

- "Every day I hear from LSU, Alabama, Miami, Auburn, Florida State and Florida. That is non stop. Others right behind that are Georgia, USC, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCF and some others. If it is not just catching up, it is virtual visits, and stuff that goes a little farther. I have already had virtual visits with Miami, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Oregon. Schools are working hard to recruit me, and I appreciate that."

-MIAMI CONNECTION: "I have been to everything at Miami with my dad playing there, so I am very familiar with them. Taking him out of the picture, I like how close it is to home, I like their history, and the staff is cool. I have really connected with coach Van Dyke and coach Robinson. Both are solid dudes that I talk to a lot, and they know me well. I like Van Dyke a lot because he is young, and he can relate to me. He gets me, and that makes a difference. We really click. I don't feel any pressure to go to Miami, even with my dad going there, and me living close to the school. The coaches are cool, they tell me I am their main priority, and they really show me the love. I feel so important to them, so that is important."

LSU: "LSU has great history with defensive backs. They have always been high on my list. I talk to coach Raymond a lot, and we have a great relationship. Coach Orgeron talks to me some too. I have been there a couple of times, I love the atmosphere, and LSU is a place I feel I could be developed.

ALABAMA: "Alabama's program has it all. Coach Saban, coach Valai, and coach Gillespie all hit me up. It is a great school, they win at a high level, and produce top players at every position. I grew up watching Patrick Surtain, and I see what they did with him, and it stands out. They have made so many Florida defensive backs into big-time players, and I know they could do that with me."

- "Before the season, probably late in the summer, that is when I will cut my list down to five schools. I am still thinking on that right now, and I am not sure of the schools, but I feel best about Miami, LSU and Alabama right now. I don't want to say they will definitely be in the top five, but I feel best about those three schools. Location is important to me as I evaluate schools because I want to stay in the south. I want to have strong relationships with the coaches and I want to have a chance to play right away. All those things will be key factors for me. I will get it down to five schools, take official visits, then make my decision in December."

Rivals national writer spoke with him recently and posted the interview this morning.

Some of the highlights:

-The next step for Little is to trim his list of schools down. Around a dozen schools are communicating with him daily, so he is working hard to get that down to a manageable number.

-"With my dad going through the same thing years ago that I am going through right now, it just gives me the knowledge and support I need to get through it," said Little. "He has great advice on how I should handle things, how I should handle all the calls, and how to enjoy it all. He has really helped me understand everything, how to listen to the coaches, and he has been a big help. I am blessed to have him with his knowledge, experience, and how he is always there to answer my questions."

-"It is non stop. There are a few schools that hit me up daily, then there are others that hit me up every couple of days. But every day, I get anywhere from 10-15 different schools reaching out. They want to talk to me, do facetime calls, do zoom calls, or just text back and a forth. A lot of coaches recruit the same way. They like to check on me, check on my family, talk about their program, talk about what I can do for them, and things like that. There are some that get a little deeper, that keep it real about life, what I do outside of football, and things like that."

- "Every day I hear from LSU, Alabama, Miami, Auburn, Florida State and Florida. That is non stop. Others right behind that are Georgia, USC, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCF and some others. If it is not just catching up, it is virtual visits, and stuff that goes a little farther. I have already had virtual visits with Miami, Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Oregon. Schools are working hard to recruit me, and I appreciate that."

-MIAMI CONNECTION: "I have been to everything at Miami with my dad playing there, so I am very familiar with them. Taking him out of the picture, I like how close it is to home, I like their history, and the staff is cool. I have really connected with coach Van Dyke and coach Robinson. Both are solid dudes that I talk to a lot, and they know me well. I like Van Dyke a lot because he is young, and he can relate to me. He gets me, and that makes a difference. We really click. I don't feel any pressure to go to Miami, even with my dad going there, and me living close to the school. The coaches are cool, they tell me I am their main priority, and they really show me the love. I feel so important to them, so that is important."

LSU: "LSU has great history with defensive backs. They have always been high on my list. I talk to coach Raymond a lot, and we have a great relationship. Coach Orgeron talks to me some too. I have been there a couple of times, I love the atmosphere, and LSU is a place I feel I could be developed.

ALABAMA: "Alabama's program has it all. Coach Saban, coach Valai, and coach Gillespie all hit me up. It is a great school, they win at a high level, and produce top players at every position. I grew up watching Patrick Surtain, and I see what they did with him, and it stands out. They have made so many Florida defensive backs into big-time players, and I know they could do that with me."

- "Before the season, probably late in the summer, that is when I will cut my list down to five schools. I am still thinking on that right now, and I am not sure of the schools, but I feel best about Miami, LSU and Alabama right now. I don't want to say they will definitely be in the top five, but I feel best about those three schools. Location is important to me as I evaluate schools because I want to stay in the south. I want to have strong relationships with the coaches and I want to have a chance to play right away. All those things will be key factors for me. I will get it down to five schools, take official visits, then make my decision in December."
Location in the south, strong relationship with coaches, and play right away are all things that would seem to swing him to Miami. With that said ........Bama

This is exactly right.

He not only wants to win, he wants to bury us.

Look at all the elite talent he has taken from South Florida. The last thing he needs is any semblance of a competitive program down here, at least competitive to his level of football, and embarrassing Miami would fit nicely in his present and future recruiting plans.
Stack that on top of nick’s game 1 resume... he’s going to try to kill us lol. 1000%

Advertisement
Advertisement
T-Rob will sell his resume. Just my opinion (no inside info) but I think the team to watch for is LSU. If they mess around and have a good season, I can see Raymond reeling him in.
Earl still may come here imo. Tbh I think we lead but bama is selling their promises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back