Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Little Jr shouldn’t play college football anywhere but Miami, especially with T Rob here now. There’s no more excuses.

That's cute and all, but they're still Bama and we're hope and dreams unfulfilled at this point. TRob is great and all, but they've still got Saban. Anytime we go up against them in recruiting, it's a recruiting battle we aren't favored in, no matter who the parent is. That's not an excuse, it's just reality.

Common theme among all the top prospects at this event (Little was a no show)?

Hurricane coaches are in constant contact.

Funny how that happens when a kid actually wants to be recruited.

I think its ridiculous some of these kids don't participate in the entire event.

Like they think they are too good to compete?

Not sure what the thinking is there.

Advertisement

Manny's son making 2nd team all county as a freshman is impressive - especially considering his size.

Don't have a subscription, can someone post the pertinent info?

Last edited:

I kinda hope they allow coaches to comment on recruitments during the actual recruiting period. wed get two sides to a story rather than 1. either way, just bring me some DBs. idc who their dad is. legacy or not. just bring in kids who can play

Advertisement
I kinda hope they allow coaches to comment on recruitments during the actual recruiting period. wed get two sides to a story rather than 1. either way, just bring me some DBs. idc who their dad is. legacy or not. just bring in kids who can play

Some on here want to turn the recruitment of one kid into some type of indictment instead of understanding each situation is different and overall, outside of a few exceptions, coaches know how to approach these kids.

little-bits-gif-1.gif

I kinda hope they allow coaches to comment on recruitments during the actual recruiting period. wed get two sides to a story rather than 1.

Even if they allowed it, a coach would have to be crazy to publicly comment. Let's play out what that looks like:

Dad of recruit: "The HC at Local U needs to make my kid feel like a priority. He's not as involved in the recruitment as the HCs at schools X, Y, and Z."
HC of Local U: "Dad's mistaken. I talk to his son at least once a week. Either his kid isn't talking to him or dad's making up excuses for him leaving his city. Truth is, they're just interested in schools X, Y, and Z and we don't believe they were ever interested in Local U."

Addressing the parent/recruit and their comments only makes the coach look weak/petty, and they almost certainly lose the recruit anyway at that point. As fans we all would love to know the truth behind the scenes, sure, but any HC who would publicly address that sort of thing would be called out as a corch on these CIS streets (unless he had a Naty or two, in which case we'd call that same HC a ruthless savage... because we are all results-oriented and biased, lol).

Advertisement

FWIW in same Ivins interview from Saturday Little said contact from Diaz has picked up since interview. Said contact from TRob and DVD has been constant since they assumed their roles at the U.

So what's the deal. Do the Bamas, UGA's, OSU, Clemson staffs have a more organized system? Do they have a bunch of students help them with keeping up with all these recruits? It seems every time I hear a top kid get interviewed they seem to mention communication with us could be better. Now I know these kids are Prima donnas but we need to adapt if we want to compete.

Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Even if they allowed it, a coach would have to be crazy to publicly comment. Let's play out what that looks like:

Dad of recruit: "The HC at Local U needs to make my kid feel like a priority. He's not as involved in the recruitment as the HCs at schools X, Y, and Z."
HC of Local U: "Dad's mistaken. I talk to his son at least once a week. Either his kid isn't talking to him or dad's making up excuses for him leaving his city. Truth is, they're just interested in schools X, Y, and Z and we don't believe they were ever interested in Local U."

Addressing the parent/recruit and their comments only makes the coach look weak/petty, and they almost certainly lose the recruit anyway at that point. As fans we all would love to know the truth behind the scenes, sure, but any HC who would publicly address that sort of thing would be called out as a corch on these CIS streets (unless he had a Naty or two, in which case we'd call that same HC a ruthless savage... because we are all results-oriented and biased, lol).
Yeah although it sounds good in theory to get both sides of the story it would turn into a total shït show. If I remember correctly one of the things that turned Brashard and LT off to the turds was when one of their corches tweeted something negative about a kid going elsewhere. No staff stands to gain anything from that arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back