Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It didn’t last 6 posts before RVA derailed his own thread with the slurper/mope battle.

I love @RVACane, he knows that, but sometimes he gets preoccupied with this mopes v slurper stuff. I assiduously try to stay away from even using those words. I just think there are people that are negative and positive just like in real life.

I think its ridiculous some of these kids don't participate in the entire event.

Like they think they are too good to compete?

Not sure what the thinking is there.

It's lame as ****. When I played, I would compete anytime I could. Big event or game, I'm a go just like mostly every teammate of mine.

Why wouldn't you want to go up against the best? Scared to lose a rep? Worried about your ranking? Oh, you are the best? Show up and prove it.

Legitimate health issue, I get it. These kids though are soft at every level. Opt out, that's some weak *** **** and something you'll have to deal with down the road if you offer. Caveat Emptor. This is most certainly a different generation.

I love @RVACane, he knows that, but sometimes he gets preoccupied with this mopes v slurper stuff. I assiduously try to stay away from even using those words. I just think there are people that are negative and positive just like in real life.
Wait, this isn’t real life. Ah ****.

But seriously, I concur. @RVACane is solid. Positive, negative and people stirring up ****. Seems to be a constant focus lately. Needs more 🥃.

Advertisement
That's cute and all, but they're still Bama and we're hope and dreams unfulfilled at this point. TRob is great and all, but they've still got Saban. Anytime we go up against them in recruiting, it's a recruiting battle we aren't favored in, no matter who the parent is. That's not an excuse, it's just reality.
Got a chance to change that in a few months or at least make a kid think.....will we ? Probably not but we will have the shot to “ shock the world”...maybe they can get Mike Eruzerone ( sp) to give the pre-game speech to get the team motivated.

Advertisement
I listened to dad being interviewed and recounting his own recruitment story. Can't help but think there may still be some lingering resentment how he was recruited by UM. Did sign originally with the other UM (Michigan) and made it back down to Miami later to circumvent some admissions issue with Miami.

Maybe he just wants Jr. to play hard to get and make Miami sweat a little, or maybe this is just purely a "business" decision. Either way I don't think he feels any home town nostalgia towards UM that would make them an inside favorite to get him.

I listened to dad being interviewed and recounting his own recruitment story. Can't help but think there may still be some lingering resentment how he was recruited by UM. Did sign originally with the other UM (Michigan) and made it back down to Miami later to circumvent some admissions issue with Miami.

Maybe he just wants Jr. to play hard to get and make Miami sweat a little, or maybe this is just purely a "business" decision. Either way I don't think he feels any home town nostalgia towards UM that would make them an inside favorite to get him.
Dad also sounds like he just loves bama and saban just listen to every time he mentions them

Who was the last stud CB that we put in the league with a Round 1 draft position? I get that we have been trying to get kids to stay home. But with battling Bama for kids like these, we do not have much to lean on. Seems to me that kids (and parents) want the path of least resistance to accomplish their goals of getting to the league with a high draft position. It is evident that unless a kid has a real dream to play here or wants to stay close to home (and that will not be an impediment to their growth) that they would try to go to the school that gives them the best chance to attain their goal. I am hoping that TS will ball out and can change the narrative so that we can attract better talent to not repeat the same.

Who was the last stud CB that we put in the league with a Round 1 draft position? I get that we have been trying to get kids to stay home. But with battling Bama for kids like these, we do not have much to lean on. Seems to me that kids (and parents) want the path of least resistance to accomplish their goals of getting to the league with a high draft position. It is evident that unless a kid has a real dream to play here or wants to stay close to home (and that will not be an impediment to their growth) that they would try to go to the school that gives them the best chance to attain their goal. I am hoping that TS will ball out and can change the narrative so that we can attract better talent to not repeat the same.

loaded question of "stud" and "round 1".... Round 1 would be Artie Burns and after a promising start he fizzled somewhat quickly....

Brandon Harris was I believe second round and had a pretty long career.

Sam Shields might be the best CB we had in recent memory and he was a **** WR (think he signed a 50mil contract with the Packers before the concussions caught up to him)

But last stud AND 1st rounder? Probably going back to Antrelle Rolle, Phillip Buchannon days

Advertisement
We also have a Db coach who has developed plenty of NFL guys..Little Jr said he wants to be close to home so we'll see

loaded question of "stud" and "round 1".... Round 1 would be Artie Burns and after a promising start he fizzled somewhat quickly....

Brandon Harris was I believe second round and had a pretty long career.

Sam Shields might be the best CB we had in recent memory and he was a **** WR (think he signed a 50mil contract with the Packers before the concussions caught up to him)

But last stud AND 1st rounder? Probably going back to Antrelle Rolle, Phillip Buchannon days

Shields switched to CB at Miami and started and played his senior season in that position.

Advertisement
Shields switched to CB at Miami and started and played his senior season in that position.

I am aware, I was actually just with him less than a month ago, was at the U with him. I just meant he was recruited and played a majority of his college career as a WR. Not like he was a big CB recruit we landed, developed, and put into the league. His NFL career did not line up with his college career.

The irony to that is he's one of the biggest Canes cheerleaders on Twitter lol.

Earl Sr's twitter is as close to a diehard Cane fan as can be.

I think ultimately Miami will be in a good spot with Earl Jr, we just have to win & we'll be alright.

The Bama game could sway things though, if we get blown out by Bama then no bueno.

The irony to that is he's one of the biggest Canes cheerleaders on Twitter lol.

Earl Sr's twitter is as close to a diehard Cane fan as can be.

I think ultimately Miami will be in a good spot with Earl Jr, we just have to win & we'll be alright.

The Bama game could sway things though, if we get blown out by Bama then no bueno.
Let me get your thoughts on one aspect of the Bama/Miami game.

Is it more intriguing to look from the stands/TV and say, you can start there next year, they need help at your position vs. the team on the other side is loaded and wins? (I am not conceding the game!!)

What’s your general take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back