Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony to that is he's one of the biggest Canes cheerleaders on Twitter lol.

Earl Sr's twitter is as close to a diehard Cane fan as can be.

I think ultimately Miami will be in a good spot with Earl Jr, we just have to win & we'll be alright.

The Bama game could sway things though, if we get blown out by Bama then no bueno.
He was wearing his canes gear when he was interviewed! He admitted he acted hastily during his recruitment process but just seemed he was still holding a little bit of a grudge how it was handled. As a parent you sometimes can't help but try to redeem yourself through your kids. Not saying that's right, but it happens. He apparently wasn't in control during his recruitment process and circumstances dictated a tougher road. He wants his kid to be in the driver's seat which is understandable. Pretty sure if the kid wants in, no problem. But he will not push his kid towards one school or the other.

Advertisement
We beat Bama and we'll have to turn some kids away. After the Bama game everyone that wants a spot better commit quick.

I wish that were true but all it means is Bama will up the bag game and recruits will change their tune from "I want to see that Miami can compete with Bama" to "I want to see that Miami can sustain success like Bama".

At the same time, if Miami does somehow miraculously beat Bama, I guarantee a lot our own "fans" will say that Diaz didn't really beat Saban, it was a fluke and we only won because Saban blew it. Self-proclaimed Canes fans will pour water on the victory and undermine any positive momentum. You can take that to the bank.

I wish that were true but all it means is Bama will up the bag game and recruits will change their tune from "I want to see that Miami can compete with Bama" to "I want to see that Miami can sustain success like Bama".

At the same time, if Miami does somehow miraculously beat Bama, I guarantee a lot our own "fans" will say that Diaz didn't really beat Saban, it was a fluke and we only won because Saban blew it. Self-proclaimed Canes fans will pour water on the victory and undermine any positive momentum. You can take that to the bank.
talk about weepy whiny slurpers. and you guys complain about 'mopes.' lol

Let me get your thoughts on one aspect of the Bama/Miami game.

Is it more intriguing to look from the stands/TV and say, you can start there next year, they need help at your position vs. the team on the other side is loaded and wins? (I am not conceding the game!!)

What’s your general take?
It depends on the psychological makeup of the prospect...

Some kids look at the challenge of paving their own way & wanna build their own bandwagon instead of jumping on somebody else's. Some kids just see the factory of Bama & wanna hop on the conveyer belt. It all just depends on what type of kid you're dealing with.

As it pertains to Earl Jr, we'll see what type he is come September...

Last edited:
Advertisement
talk about weepy whiny slurpers. and you guys complain about 'mopes.' lol

Ah- I see you've returned for more Shakespearean insults.

"Methink'st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee."​

Shakespeare- All's Well That Ends Well (Act Two, Scene Three)

So the tweet had emojis of a tiger elephant gaytor Seminole stick thing and the U hands. And yea I felt like a dam fool writing that

Advertisement
It depends on the psychological makeup of the prospect...

Some kids look at the challenge of paving their own way & wanna build their own bandwagon instead of jumping on somebody else's. Some kids just see the factory of Bama & wanna hop on the conveyer belt. It all just depends on what type of kid you're dealing with.

As it pertains to Earl Jr, we'll see what type he is come September...
What do u think @Liberty City El will he stay home or dip to bama? If u had to guess gun to ya head

What do u think @Liberty City El will he stay home or dip to bama? If u had to guess gun to ya head
As of now, I think he'll stay home...

But that's subject to change after the Bama game depending on if we get crushed or not.

If we can keep it competitive, then even if we lose I'd still like our chances, but if we get beat by 40+ then I think no shot.

As of now, I think he'll stay home...

But that's subject to change after the Bama depending on if we get crushed or not.
U really think it depends on one game though? Of course we getting crushed they have loaded position groups across the board. Although if that game is close bama loses its foothold in sfla........but bags is always the winner imo. We need to win this battle

Advertisement
U really think it depends on one game though? Of course we getting crushed they have loaded position groups across the board. Although if that game is close bama loses its foothold in sfla........but bags is always the winner imo. We need to win this battle
Earl Jr is not a bags kid, he's already set for life...

And I don't think it's all on one game, but think about the negative recruiting Bama would do if they beat us bad, there'd be nothing we could sell him on if the head to head matchup is a blowout lol

Earl Jr is not a bags kid, he's already set for life...

And I don't think it's all on one game, but think about the negative recruiting Bama would do if they beat us bad, there'd be nothing we could sell him on if the head to head matchup is a blowout lol
Yea they lose if the game is close. They are suppose to destroy us.

This is a perception vs. reality game, not only for UM, but also for this whole SEC vs. everyone else. You've heard it...a team like USC east would win [insert non-SEC conference here] or whatever. This is why ESPN and the SEC (Bama in particular) loves these games...it perpetuates the narrative of just how superior the SEC is to everyone else.

Advertisement
Who was the last stud CB that we put in the league with a Round 1 draft position? I get that we have been trying to get kids to stay home. But with battling Bama for kids like these, we do not have much to lean on. Seems to me that kids (and parents) want the path of least resistance to accomplish their goals of getting to the league with a high draft position. It is evident that unless a kid has a real dream to play here or wants to stay close to home (and that will not be an impediment to their growth) that they would try to go to the school that gives them the best chance to attain their goal. I am hoping that TS will ball out and can change the narrative so that we can attract better talent to not repeat the same.
Artie Burns, and he should NEVER have gone in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back