Rumor Each Day Past Today (Mon, 28 Nov)..It Gets Weirder and Weirder With Gattis

*just imagining a scenario*

So what would happen if Gattis strikes out on all of his interviews and doesn't land a gig anywhere? Does Mario fire him outright or allows some other scenario where he (Gattis) is able to save face?
Sounds like a Gattis problem. Cristobal's #1 priority, for which he is being paid handsomely, is getting this team to the big game and winning it. All other concerns are secondary.

Advertisement
Yeah like before hiring these guys? Wait, what?
Yes I understand that... But getting the right hire is way more important than hiring somebody a few days faster.

I'd wait until after this weekend before expecting a new hire announced. Not sure what that means for when we'll be told Gattis is gone.

Advertisement
not for nothing but Harbaugh showing this type of offense can still work with the right personnel. Play calling though is a whole other issue. You can still be creative and less predictable in your calls.
It took like 7 years and almost getting fired and pay cut for that to get built up. Also losing to your arch rival a million times. But we’d be lucky with that consistency tbh

Advertisement
Yes I understand that... But getting the right hire is way more important than hiring somebody a few days faster.

I'd wait until after this weekend before expecting a new hire announced. Not sure what that means for when we'll be told Gattis is gone.
OMG! Here we go again. That's what people said last year and it took forever to hire this bum.........................I could hire someone better by sunset this afternoon.

Advertisement
What good is letting Gattis go when you're the one who hired him and have a history of bad offensive hires.

Before Mario makes ANY changes he needs to do a deep dive/reflection of himself and his philosophy on offense (defense was just as bad, but he has a better track record here at least).

A full staff overhaul shouldn't be out of the question, including his homeboy Mirabal.

The ACC is so bad we legit can contend for a conference title next season if the correct hires are made.

Is he willing bring in a Phillip Montgomery, or even a Kliff Kingsbury when he gets fired (and trust, knowing what Kliff is about, he would come in a second. iykyk) or is he gonna just bring in another Gattis Woody Hayes type.

(btw, I was wrong about Gattis. I can admit that. Horrendous.)
After watching his hiring process last year how long do you think it would take him to do a “deep/dive reflection on himself”?

Animated GIF

OMG! Here we go again. That's what people said last year and it took forever to hire this bum.........................I could hire someone better by sunset this afternoon.
Hindsight is 20/20 but Gattis had a good resume.

21/26 Broyles awards winners have gone on to become head coaches. And Bud Foster could have a few times if he wanted.

Gattis was being interview for P5 head coaching jobs last year.

Advertisement
Hindsight is 20/20 but Gattis had a good resume.

21/26 Broyles awards winners have gone on to become head coaches. And Bud Foster could have a few times if he wanted.

Gattis was being interview for P5 head coaching jobs last year.
And yet Michigan didn't renew him or try to keep him there. With him gone they have exploded.........................

Certainly not predicting he will stay/go*, but if Gattis (or anyone else) isn't relieved of duties by today (Mon, 28 Nov), it just gets weirder and weirder.

Like filling out the staff last year weird and drawn out...

*no small part of me thinks he stays
Dude. Again. Please stop using prefixes on every thread you start. They’re not always aoplicable. Thanks. Again.

Advertisement
Back