Rumor Each Day Past Today (Mon, 28 Nov)..It Gets Weirder and Weirder With Gattis

It took like 7 years and almost getting fired and pay cut for that to get built up. Also losing to your arch rival a million times. But we’d be lucky with that consistency tbh

Harbaugh at least took accountability and I think even a pay cut and stuck with a system he believed in and it has worked for him. Sometimes patience can pay off. But after 20 years of frustration as a Miami fan I understand from a fan's standpoint of wanting things to happen quicker.

Advertisement
You don't want to fire and humiliate the guy right now. Horrible PR. Who in their right mind would come and replace him? Help him land on his feet and move on.
I agree ordinarily but when a performance is this bad, any decent coach needs to know they’d be gone. Mario created the situation by hiring him to begin with.

Advertisement
I agree ordinarily but when a performance is this bad, any decent coach needs to know they’d be gone. Mario created the situation by hiring him to begin with.
I'm sure he knows he's gone. He's probably been job hunting the last month. He's a year off from a Broyles award. This needs to be as low key as possible or who is going to come in here thinking they are going to do any better.

Advertisement
I would keep an eye on who Fickell brings with him to Wisconsin. He had Dan Enos on his Cincy staff not too long ago. If Enos moves to Wisconsin, Locksley at Maryland would need an OC.

And yet Michigan didn't renew him or try to keep him there. With him gone they have exploded.........................
Hindsight is 20/20.... That story didn't exist at the time of his hiring... At the time if Michigan wanted him gone without firing him they could have easily recommended him and helped him get the Miami job (or other head coaching job)

Go back to the time when Gattis was hired. That story of him not being welcome back to Michigan didn't exist.

OUrPwgEs8q0ulxmDYdWeBlmGo9DIAS.gif

If I'm an OC candidate this is the absolute last program I would join in the FBS. A big public stink scapegoating this guy is only going to make that situation worse.
Wrong.

Mario says he wants uptempo O, and you can have complete control, and a boat load of money, dudes coming

Advertisement
You don't want to fire and humiliate the guy right now. Horrible PR. Who in their right mind would come and replace him? Help him land on his feet and move on.
Who would come and replace him? Stop these nonsense questions. Auburn chews up coaches and more line up to go there, same for Texas and others. Why? Man somewhere making 150k and doing way more than Gattis who is making least a million. *** all the feelinga bull****. U cant do your job for a mill, *** outa here. Next.

Advertisement
not for nothing but Harbaugh showing this type of offense can still work with the right personnel. Play calling though is a whole other issue. You can still be creative and less predictable in your calls.
Problem is that Gattis IS NOT a quality play schemer or play caller ... that is why they put a Co OC in charge of game planning at Michigan in 2021 and also put another staffer into the offensive planning role. It was above Gattis' capabilities.

Certainly not predicting he will stay/go*, but if Gattis (or anyone else) isn't relieved of duties by today (Mon, 28 Nov), it just gets weirder and weirder.

Like filling out the staff last year weird and drawn out...

*no small part of me thinks he stays
Agree. There are all sorts of ways and reasons for Mario to rationalize keeping him. Even more so if Gattis himself wants to stay on.

Problem is that Gattis IS NOT a quality play schemer or play caller ... that is why they put a Co OC in charge of game planning at Michigan in 2021 and also put another staffer into the offensive planning role. It was above Gattis' capabilities.

I was speaking more to the actual offensive philosophy. He is a horrendous play caller with seemingly no feel for the game. I would not confuse that with the actual scheme though because Harbaugh is showing it can still work. People can refer to it as plodding and neanderthal but I saw plenty of explosive plays by Michigan running this type of offense.

Advertisement
Back