Rumor Each Day Past Today (Mon, 28 Nov)..It Gets Weirder and Weirder With Gattis

It's been 4 days since the 2022 Miami Hurricanes season ended and Josh Gattis is still employed.

It’s starting to get real weird now.

Advertisement
We have burned through 200 coaches the last 10 years and guys around here acting like it’s their first rodeo. Mario is giving Gattis the courtesy of looking for a job without being fired. When he leaves it will simply be a “mutual parting of ways”. Firing a coach right away, although well deserved, runs the risk of coming across as a lunatic in the coaching circles and can rub future candidates the wrong way.
Disagree. Plenty of coordinators get fired after a year for underperforming. Manny got rid of Enos after 1 year and it didnt affect him hiring an upgrade in Lashlee. These coordinators are getting paid $1M+, they understand the nature of the game that if they don't perform they risk being out of a job after a year. These are grown *** men making crazy amounts of money, why do they need their hands held?

Last edited:
Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Here is the funny thing. If Gattis is retained and has a banner season next year, alot of the people calling for his head right now will be saying, See I told you so. It was just injuries and personnel!
Lmao, that won't happen

Advertisement
Serious question - where does scheme rank in terms of recruits minds?

bags, playing time, brand name, recent success, recent NFL pipeline, head coach all seem to me to be of more importance than coordinator. Do these kids really know the difference between Gattis and Mullen? Between Mullen and some Conf USA OC?

It gets into the heads of top recruits through the recruiting process. Opposing coaches are the ones who point this out to recruits. Those same recruits go back to their high school and/or 7 on 7 club coaches who reinforce these truths.

So yes, recruits end up caring about this stuff.

Serious question - where does scheme rank in terms of recruits minds?

bags, playing time, brand name, recent success, recent NFL pipeline, head coach all seem to me to be of more importance than coordinator. Do these kids really know the difference between Gattis and Mullen? Between Mullen and some Conf USA OC?
I'm not a recruiting guy, but yes, the top recruits are aware scheme and coaches. Once your in the circle, you have "handlers" that know people and can guide you.

But guys want to go where they can showcase talent and get into the NFL. Also, guys are going to look at who's on the roster and how long will it take them to get on the field.

It all kind of goes hand in hand. The schools that put guys in the league typically have all the things you cited as things a top recruit is looking for.

In a season full of epic CIS porster meltdows, how galactic will the explosion be if GERDis remains at Miami for 2023?

Advertisement
It gets into the heads of top recruits through the recruiting process. Opposing coaches are the ones who point this out to recruits. Those same recruits go back to their high school and/or 7 on 7 club coaches who reinforce these truths.

So yes, recruits end up caring about this stuff.
they could just watch the 22 canes and see why it matters lol

Disagree. Plenty of coordinators get fired after a year for underperforming. Manny got rid of Enos after 1 year and it didnt affect him hiring an upgrade in Lashlee. These coordinators are getting paid $1M+, they understand the nature of the game that if they don't perform they risk being out of a job after a year. These are grown *** men making crazy amounts of money, why do they need their hands held?
What exactly do you disagree with? I’m in agreement Gattis needs to be fired, just laughing at the folks who are counting the days on pins and needles.

Advertisement
There is an excuse for everything. Not enough talent, gotta wait for the buyout to decrease, gotta give him the chance to find another job because he don’t want to appear to be mean.
Let me ask you something: if you wanted to part with an employee, and you had two options:

1. Fire him immediately and owe him more money
2. Wait like 4 days to part with him and owe him less money

What would you do? Honest question.

they will bust their **** trying to excuse this abortion of a season
Are people really excusing this season? No sane person believes this year was acceptable. I just think what people are categorizing as "excuse making" is mostly backlash to the "blow-it-all-up-again, Mario is a corch" stuff that is permeating the entire board. The man has a vision - and, like it or not, we are all going to see if he can turn that vision into a reality.

A brief hypothetical - You are a billionaire, you buy a 2-acre waterfront lot on star island, that lot has a doublewide sitting right in the middle of it. Do you a) try your best to make that doublewide the best trailer on the planet, or b) (knowing that this option will be exponentially more time consuming and expensive) throw that doublewide into the bay and start building your taj mahal?

Let me ask you something: if you wanted to part with an employee, and you had two options:

In this situation? Fire him immediately. Why? Because this is probably the most important move of my career. Other coaches are getting fired and hired. IMO, the longer you wait, the chance you take of guys you covet being snatched up. Also, i want to have a big time guy in place so that i may get the attention of recruits and portal guys. Thats my opinion.

Do we know what exact day Gattis officially joined staff?

Advertisement
Back