Rumor Each Day Past Today (Mon, 28 Nov)..It Gets Weirder and Weirder With Gattis

Advertisement
The Miami football program continued building an elite defensive line by flipping Michigan commit Collins Acheampong on Tuesday. Acheampong committed to Michigan in June. Acheampong is the 165th-ranked player, the ninth-ranked athlete projected as a DL and 11th in California in the class of 2023.

The addition of the 6’7, 254-pound Acheampong moves Miami to the eighth-ranked class nationally after Miami passed Clemson with the flip.

Miami now has 20 commits in the 2023 class. Cornerback Cormani McClain is the sole 2023 Miami five-star commit. The Hurricanes have four four-star commits and nine three-stars in their 2023 class. Miami signed 10 four-star players in the 2022 class out of 15 players. Cristobal is building a Miami roster with a high blue-chip ratio.

But but but...ZO does not know what he is doing!!!!

Advertisement
if gattis gets the perfect offense is he goin to keep calling te to the flats te drag rb dive?? asking for a friend

Here is the funny thing. If Gattis is retained and has a banner season next year, alot of the people calling for his head right now will be saying, See I told you so. It was just injuries and personnel!

You may be right, and I know I was definitely one of those guys through 5 or 6 games...however, when you go back to the personnel we had last season and what we had this season on offense, there are almost ZERO reasons why we were this bad on offense this year.

Whatever the reason we went so far downhill, from one year to the next, Mario has to find a way to fix it. PERIOD.

If he thinks its not Gattis, and he sticks, our offensive production had better increase dramatically, or Mario is going to pay ****!!

You may be right, and I know I was definitely one of those guys through 5 or 6 games...however, when you go back to the personnel we had last season and what we had this season on offense, there are almost ZERO reasons why we were this bad on offense this year.

Whatever the reason we went so far downhill, from one year to the next, Mario has to find a way to fix it. PERIOD.

If he thinks its not Gattis, and he sticks, our offensive production had better increase dramatically, or Mario is going to pay ****!!
I think the loss of 3 starting OL compounded with issues at WR and RB then QB made it very difficult to see wha this offense could acutally do. And we don't know how much that may have limited playcalling. We just don't know.

Here is the funny thing. If Gattis is retained and has a banner season next year, alot of the people calling for his head right now will be saying, See I told you so. It was just injuries and personnel!
a banner season would be his first as a sole OC so LOL ill believe it when i see it. dude is trash and not liked by anyone on staff or on the roster

Advertisement
I refuse to believe Mario was even remotely satisfied with how 2022 went offensively. It was historically bad.
Despite all of the injuries, which certainly didn't help, I just can't imagine Mario keeps Gattis for another year.

But the longer this plays out, the more it feels like he's getting another year. :mad:

Someone talk me off the ledge... no way Gattis can stay, right??

Okay I need him fired already cmon Mario
High Five Best Friends GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have burned through 200 coaches the last 10 years and guys around here acting like it’s their first rodeo. Mario is giving Gattis the courtesy of looking for a job without being fired. When he leaves it will simply be a “mutual parting of ways”. Firing a coach right away, although well deserved, runs the risk of coming across as a lunatic in the coaching circles and can rub future candidates the wrong way.

Serious question - where does scheme rank in terms of recruits minds?

bags, playing time, brand name, recent success, recent NFL pipeline, head coach all seem to me to be of more importance than coordinator. Do these kids really know the difference between Gattis and Mullen? Between Mullen and some Conf USA OC?

Advertisement
Back