EA Sports bringing back NCAA Football game

EA used to be the gold standard of sports games. Til this day, I need my royalties for them jacking my ideas when they interviewed me & some other students on campus about how to improve Madden’s game play & visual!

I used to work down the street from their Playa location in L.A so I had a lot of clients from there. Basically, what my boy @Bender said, they’ve been asleep at the wheel. Look no further than Madden. We only play it b/c it’s the only game in town, but they’ve been slumming the game play since probably 2006. I wish 2K would get in this action. Regardless, I’m excited for NCAA sports to come back.

I had a friend who used to work at EA. He pretty much said it was a ****show, the way it was run. This was around the time of the McElroy PGA golf fiasco. Haven't seen anything since then to make me think they've improved. Regardless, I'm gonna get that game when it comes out, lol.

Advertisement
What I’m really hoping for is a revamping & return of the NCAA Basketball game.

That was my sh*t!!!! I used to love the College Basketball game, NCAA Basketball 10 on PS3 was 🔥🔥🔥AF!

The recruiting in that game was more difficult than NCAA Football, but it was lot more fun.
*oops I forgot I initially quoted this* but also this^^
I am gonna make a fairly lengthy post, because the momentum system in FIFA was worse. Way worse. Madden had limits to its system, FIFA didn't give a ****.

When you select two teams, you have ratings for offense, defense and overalls. Based on the gap between these ratings between the teams, a Handicap system would activate where the worse team gets leveled up and the better one gets leveled down. The problem was: FIFA made a horse**** attempt balancing it. You could play with a Second Division Bundesliga team and kick Brazils *** in no time. I played in a league back then and we actually tried the Handicap system out. It was brutal.

Now here comes the momentum system: During the game, depending on how much you led, the players ratings would be influenced heavily, meaning the players ratings were not the ones displayed on the screen. This caused outrage in numerous online games because a 4-0 lead could be evaporated in 5 minutes of in-game time.

The Handicap system was exposed in two instances. In Ultimate Team, usually at the end, FIFA gives out awards for the best players of the year and the season. Buying these players was pointless, they were incredibly high rated but the Handicap system not just nullified the effect, it made playing with them pointless.
The second instance was a spreadsheet published for Fifa 13 that exposed the momentum system and the rating changes within the code of the game by a fired employee. It pretty much spoilered what is now basic knowledge.
Holy ****, thank you for the info. That sounds like an absolute shytshow of a system to implement...its actually kind of impressive in that retrospect.

That should have NEVER even made it to online play....let alone even making it past the draft room lol.

But I feel like alot of these AAA games are leaning more and more towards the whole casual crowds these last few years, which makes the reward of mastering alot these games for online purposes completely pointless unless your career is streaming content. And CPU AI (in EA games in this particular instance) is so mf robotic and stagnant, it makes single player a dusted relic that loses its luster within a few weeks, if not days.

That system explanation made me actually turn my ps5 on and promptly delete the free fifa 22 I got on ps plus lmaooo

I had 2K7 with JJ Redick on the cover for PS3, I never got 2K8...

I got NCAA March Madness 08 instead with Kevin Durant on the cover.

Then for 09 & 2010 they dropped the March Madness titles & just called it NCAA Basketball.

Kevin Love at UCLA was on the 09 cover & Blake Griffin on the NCAA10 cover.

10 was my favorite one, because while the actual gameplay wasn’t necessarily top tier, but it was the volume of everything you could do in Dynasty mode from scheduling to recruiting etc.. & it was the most realistic IMO with the in game broadcasting as well.
Basically the same game. By 2K6, I believe they had this game mastered.

2K series you could recruit players all over the world as young as 9th grade, I believe. You'd have your recruiting board set up for YEARS. Much like NCAA, you'd fall in love with your croots, but in this instance, again, years of recruiting and scouting these guys made you have a real attachment.

I also loved the options to start your dynasty in 2K, the teams were always cheeks, but you'd have some fun with'em. Campbell and Norfolk State type teams were dope to start with and I don't recall ever feeling like the stick skills were ever too important...because you'd legit suck with those teams for a bit before you knew how to play with your team and beat much better teams. Getting to the dance with those **** squads felt like a real accomplishment.

Advertisement
Basically the same game. By 2K6, I believe they had this game mastered.

2K series you could recruit players all over the world as young as 9th grade, I believe. You'd have your recruiting board set up for YEARS. Much like NCAA, you'd fall in love with your croots, but in this instance, again, years of recruiting and scouting these guys made you have a real attachment.

I also loved the options to start your dynasty in 2K, the teams were always cheeks, but you'd have some fun with'em. Campbell and Norfolk State type teams were dope to start with and I don't recall ever feeling like the stick skills were ever too important...because you'd legit suck with those teams for a bit before you knew how to play with your team and beat much better teams. Getting to the dance with those **** squads felt like a real accomplishment.
I used to always run my Dynasties with Georgetown, UNLV, Arkansas & St. Joe’s.

It would take us like 4 years of good recruiting & top tier scheduling & getting in the Maui Invitational before we became a perennial top 5 team lol

Advertisement
Oh & answering the question of the Tweet, I think either CJ Stroud or Bijan Robinson should get the cover.

Although, I think Jaxon Smith-Njigba or Jordan Addison could make the cover too.

Ahmad Sauce Gardner would’ve been the perfect pick if there was a NCAA22 game for CFB.

Will EA use real players in their game, & how will NIL play a role? I definitely don’t want a game w/ random mofos like the 2K expansion seasons. Lol

It sucks because NCAA was always better than Madden on ps3/x360.

Hopefully they accidentally hire a better team.

I boycotted Madden years ago and whenever I search on it I see I made the right decisions.

I haven’t liked the mechanics of sports games for a long time. I quit 2k too. I’m tired of the developers locking you in stupid predetermined animations but thinking it’s ok because it looks good.
The football games are bad and 2k bball is a monetized piece of sh. Everyone does that park sh.....I don't want to be me in a game that's high school ****. I want to play as the current team I want to use LeBron or curry not some created fake player. Let me use Wes as a linebacker at UM I want to use current dudes. I hate the line play I feel like u stuck in animations on defense and have no real control. In 2k football I felt u can play defense and beat lineman....if u out race and angel to the ball carrier u win that battle. I feel like in Madden everyone's running crazy and there is havoc everywhere with no control. Sometimes it feels like u moving a car in Gran Turismo lol.

I liked cfb though I felt it was better than Madden for sure. Madden is just a skin but I wish there were multiple NFL and college games.

I loved 2k and even back breaker was amazing.

Will EA use real players in their game, & how will NIL play a role? I definitely don’t want a game w/ random mofos like the 2K expansion seasons. Lol
Because of NIL they will know be allowed to use real players

And players will be compensated for their likeness & image being used in the video game, the same way the Pro’s do.

Advertisement
The football games are bad and 2k bball is a monetized piece of sh. Everyone does that park sh.....I don't want to be me in a game that's high school ****. I want to play as the current team I want to use LeBron or curry not some created fake player. Let me use Wes as a linebacker at UM I want to use current dudes. I hate the line play I feel like u stuck in animations on defense and have no real control. In 2k football I felt u can play defense and beat lineman....if u out race and angel to the ball carrier u win that battle. I feel like in Madden everyone's running crazy and there is havoc everywhere with no control. Sometimes it feels like u moving a car in Gran Turismo lol.

I liked cfb though I felt it was better than Madden for sure. Madden is just a skin but I wish there were multiple NFL and college games.

I loved 2k and even back breaker was amazing.

Madden was good and steadily improved….. until they got the exclusive license.

What’s that they say about competition?

Madden was good and steadily improved….. until they got the exclusive license.

What’s that they say about competition?
They got scared of what 2k was becoming. It was a better game still is.....they tried to get the NBA license and the nbapa said no. Live got killed.......Madden would be dead if they didn't have the license. When I grew up love was the sh until 2k dropped on Dreamcast. Once that game started improving it was over. NFL needs to release the license like Lucas arts did. Anyone can make a star wars game now that's the way it should be. U should be able to pitch your idea to the developer and if they give u the green light go for it. But EA knows that the game is bad and someone can do a better job. They are in fear what keeps them alive is Madden and FIFA.

Perhaps the greatest sports game of all time...

51rnlr0ccRL._SY445_.jpg

The sim depth of OOTP Baseball, the gameplay of NBA 2K series, the presentation that still remains unrivaled in sports (Gumble/Kellogg in studio stuff was incredible and still hasn't been replicated in a sports game)...flawless game, IMO.
I still play this game on PS3 faithfully! I don't think there's a better sports game out there...this game was way ahead of its time!

Advertisement
EA used to be the gold standard of sports games. Til this day, I need my royalties for them jacking my ideas when they interviewed me & some other students on campus about how to improve Madden’s game play & visual!

I used to work down the street from their Playa location in L.A so I had a lot of clients from there. Basically, what my boy @Bender said, they’ve been asleep at the wheel. Look no further than Madden. We only play it b/c it’s the only game in town, but they’ve been slumming the game play since probably 2006. I wish 2K would get in this action. Regardless, I’m excited for NCAA sports to come back.
You people that continue to buy it when you know it’s trash is the problem. NFL sees dollar signs. As long as the revenue is generated they don’t care about the exclusive license.

EA has the monopoly on football games. 2k was easily a better game until they enter back into simulation football we all just suffer.
Just for the record. 2k released a college football game.

It was awful. Easily one of the worst football games I've ever played.

That said, a part of me is eagerly anticipating the series' return. But, like many, I have no faith in EA.

I'm taking a wait and see approach.

You people that continue to buy it when you know it’s trash is the problem. NFL sees dollar signs. As long as the revenue is generated they don’t care about the exclusive license.

Not sure who “you ppl” u’re referring to, but if u think that’s me, it ain’t. I used the term “we” as a general euphemism, not inclusivity. I have boys still playing, entertaining tournaments etc. I tried to play Madden 21, & once I saw it was the same chit as the last 20 joints, w/ the exception of a fake “My Career”, I legit turned it back in at a L 3 weeks later. I haven’t fully vested my time w/ Madden since 2012, honestly. Chit is still unrealistic & graphics r subpar for this day & age.

I’m strictly a 2K, MLB The Show, GTA, & first hand shooting games. Until they change Madden’s game play, which I was sorely disappointed in, I can’t f w/ it, even though the masses (we), r still playing it b/c what other options do they have?

Not sure who “you ppl” u’re referring to, but if u think that’s me, it ain’t. I used the term “we” as a general euphemism, not inclusivity. I have boys still playing, entertaining tournaments etc. I tried to play Madden 21, & once I saw it was the same chit as the last 20 joints, w/ the exception of a fake “My Career”, I legit turned it back in at a L 3 weeks later. I haven’t fully vested my time w/ Madden since 2012, honestly. Chit is still unrealistic & graphics r subpar for this day & age.

I’m strictly a 2K, MLB The Show, GTA, & first hand shooting games. Until they change Madden’s game play, which I was sorely disappointed in, I can’t f w/ it, even though the masses (we), r still playing it b/c what other options do they have?

On one hand, one would think that there's no way that EA could mess this game up given that fan expectations and excitement are so high.

On the other hand, completely messing this game up would be the most EA thing ever.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back