2024 Dylan Williams 4* LB from CA (is a Duck)

Advertisement
Advertisement

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly linebacker Dylan Williams cut his list of schools to seven over the weekend.

Williams is currently rated the No. 122 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite and is one of the top linebacker prospects in the country. He had a very strong junior season and has elevated his stock in our eyes.

He's a twitchy outside linebacker who can rush the passer, play in space and drop in coverage. He's a physical player and has a nice edge in his game to go with a non-stop motor.

Williams, a one time USC commitment, will make his college choice from a final seven that includes Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Texas and UCLA.

Williams broke down what stands out about the Canes and how they made his final cut.

“My visit to Miami was amazing,” Williams said. “They’re recruiting me harder than any other school right now and I’m talking to multiple coaches over there on a daily basis.

“There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t hear from at least one coach. I love the school itself, the direction coach Cristobal is taking the program, the area and just my overall vibe there.”

Williams said Mario Cristobal is personally recruiting him along with LB coach Derek Nicholson and assistant Sabbath Joseph.

“Coach Nichelson texts me every day,” Williams said. “He’s a great guy and I like him a lot. We try and talk at least three times a week. Then coach Joseph hits me up all the time and will also help me connect with coach Cristobal.

“I don’t have an official visit set up yet but they will be the next visit I lock in. They’re doing a great job of making me feel at home and that’s going to be big for me in my decision.”

Williams said he currently doesn’t have a timeframe for making a decision.

“I know I want to take all five visits first,” Williams said. “After that, it could be whenever it feels right. That could be end of the summer, it could be during the season or even on Signing Day.

“I’m an early grad so I’ll sign in December. I’m looking for a brotherhood, a school that feels like family, a place where I can get developed and a school where I can grow on and off the field.”

Advertisement

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly linebacker Dylan Williams cut his list of schools to seven over the weekend.

Williams is currently rated the No. 122 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite and is one of the top linebacker prospects in the country. He had a very strong junior season and has elevated his stock in our eyes.

He's a twitchy outside linebacker who can rush the passer, play in space and drop in coverage. He's a physical player and has a nice edge in his game to go with a non-stop motor.

Williams, a one time USC commitment, will make his college choice from a final seven that includes Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Texas and UCLA.

Williams broke down what stands out about the Canes and how they made his final cut.

“My visit to Miami was amazing,” Williams said. “They’re recruiting me harder than any other school right now and I’m talking to multiple coaches over there on a daily basis.

“There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t hear from at least one coach. I love the school itself, the direction coach Cristobal is taking the program, the area and just my overall vibe there.”

Williams said Mario Cristobal is personally recruiting him along with LB coach Derek Nicholson and assistant Sabbath Joseph.

“Coach Nichelson texts me every day,” Williams said. “He’s a great guy and I like him a lot. We try and talk at least three times a week. Then coach Joseph hits me up all the time and will also help me connect with coach Cristobal.

“I don’t have an official visit set up yet but they will be the next visit I lock in. They’re doing a great job of making me feel at home and that’s going to be big for me in my decision.”

Williams said he currently doesn’t have a timeframe for making a decision.

“I know I want to take all five visits first,” Williams said. “After that, it could be whenever it feels right. That could be end of the summer, it could be during the season or even on Signing Day.

“I’m an early grad so I’ll sign in December. I’m looking for a brotherhood, a school that feels like family, a place where I can get developed and a school where I can grow on and off the field.”
Cane

At one time, Dylan Willams was committed to USC. The linebacker out of Long Beach Poly committed to the local program in April of last year before re-opening his recruitment in October.

The No. 105 prospect in the On3 Industry Ranking released his top seven schools over the weekend and based on intel, the four-star is now trending toward leaving Los Angeles.

Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Texas and UCLA made Williams’ list. USC was under consideration, but Williams is not expected to go back to the Trojans. Lincoln Riley and his staff will likely continue to recruit Williams, but as we head into April, he is expected to leave his home state.

The school I am hearing most about right now is Miami. Mario Cristobal is involved. Derek Nicholson is involved. Lance Guidry communicates with Williams. The entire staff at Miami is recruiting Williams and one source close to this said, “That is making a big difference.”

Miami got Williams on campus earlier this month and he will take an official visit to Coral Gables. It is expected to be the weekend of June 16 or June 23. Right now, Texas has the weekend of June 23 locked in for an official visit, but Williams is considering flipping the dates. Nothing is set for a return visit to Miami yet.

If there is a school trending early in April, it is Miami. He loves the staff, the fit, the opportunities on and off the field and they are making him feel wanted.

Michigan and Texas have separated from the pack too​

The other two schools that have pulled ahead are Michigan and Texas. He already has an official visit to Ann Arbor scheduled for the weekend of June 9. Jay Harbaugh is the leader here. He has connected with Williams and that has put the Wolverines in this race. The official visit will be key as to where Michigan ends up when Williams makes his decision.

Texas had Williams on campus for the TCU game back in November and earlier this year, he was sporting Texas gloves and a Longhorns sleeve at Battle Vegas. Head coach Steve Sarkisian is highly involved. Jeff Choate is as well. What Texas is building under Sarkisian has his attention.

Miami looks to have a slight edge, but Michigan and Texas are not far behind.

The rest of the group still has a chance​

Williams is going to take all five official visits, then make his decision before his senior year. After Miami, Michigan and Texas, it is pretty even with the other five schools.

If there is a school in that group to watch, it would be UCLA. I still hear it is very likely the Williams leaves his home state, and likely that he leaves the west coach, but UCLA is a factor. He and linebackers coach Ken Norton, Jr. has a strong bond and that will likely keep the Bruins on this list til the end.

Oregon is another one. Former Poly coach Rashad Wadood is an analyst under Dan Lanning now, so there is a strong connection to Williams in Eugene.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back