Dylan Stephenson, '24, WDE, Miami Killian

Advertisement

Miami sent Stephenson a plethora of handwritten notes emphasizing why he should visit Miami, ranging from the history of the program to playing within a short drive of his house. He’s staying interested in the Canes along with Florida State, Penn State, Michigan and Auburn. He plans to visit Michigan and Auburn this spring.

“There’s definitely a genuine connection between me and (Miami),” Stephenson said. “It’s been kind of a trend for kids from my school to go there, you know – alumni fan base and stuff. It’s really interesting because they’ve been recruiting me for a long time. They were my second offer ever, and they’ve been recruiting me for a long time. I really enjoy the hospitality they show me when I am there and how they treat me throughout the season.”

“I’m seeing Mirabal from time to time coming to the school, obviously right now because it’s a dead period, but I really am enjoying seeing my process fill out,” Stephenson said.

Stephenson said he likes the idea of staying in an area where his family can attend every game but said it won’t be a key factor in his recruitment. He would rather commit to a program he feels has the best chance to develop him into a NFL draft pick. He also wants to find a scheme he fits into but added he has not familiarized himself with Guidry’s scheme. He confirmed Miami wants him as an edge rusher.

“I wouldn’t call this like a must-have list but it’s definitely some things that I value a lot, which would be player development, relationships with the coaching staff, a track record of developing players (and) an opportunity to play early,” Stephenson said.

few of the pieces i thought were important outta the article.

Advertisement
I'll just say that he's no Reuben Bain.

If he ***** around too much, he's going to find out that letters and notes won't mean **** if there isn't a spot because you decided to take your time.
I’ll take that as (1) he’s a take and would be a solid addition early and (2) we may be in some big-timers at EDGE.

Good stuff, man.

5D62E952-9E00-4520-BB29-75AE2B793439.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back