Dwayne The Rock Johnson

I just seen the article, there ok and recovering! He said they caught it from family. So be careful out there cane family! My wife has cancer and i work on the frontlines at a hospital.

Prayers for you and your wife.

My 83 year old grandmother just finished a 2nd round of Chemo after 2 cancer surgeries (ovarian and pancreas). She got Covid 6 days after her very last chemo appt. She was nauseous for 2 days and that's it.

Advertisement
From all accounts I've ever heard, from a bunch of people who've met him...that he's a quality Guy...very outgoing, very cool with the fans...
Can confirm but obviously only based off personal/anecdotal accounts. Plus you also gotta think that this dude has the double whammy of people constantly approaching him since it includes movie fans AND wrasslin' fanboys. Add Canes fans into the mix especially when he's in Florida and it actually is a credit that he's as personable as he is when someone starts screaming at him to come to their tailgate while he's pumping gas in Weston. Not that I know anybody that would do such a thing.

Most of the thread bashing this guy, but we're all about #CanesFam, right?

You people are idiots. Guy has a freaking locker room named after him and half of you are coming at him because he got a communicable disease.
could you imagine if the Rock reads this forum (its possible right) and sees us trashing him. he will be like what the **** did i ever do to these guys?

seriously, how do you say anything bad about the single most famous and beloved miami alum of all time.?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s not what I’m getting at. He’s an American success story and a model for anyone who wants to succeed. But fame and attention is as addicting as power.
From what I understand from several people...doesnt exhibit that at all...very cordial and nice...

Advertisement
From what I understand from several people...doesnt exhibit that at all...very cordial and nice...
I’ve met him at dadeland once back when I drive for ups during his Scorpion King days. Very approachable and humble.
I’m not knocking him at all. He’s generous and has stayed away from a lot of that hollywood BS.
I just didn’t see a reason for him to put it out there like that and seems like something wouldn’t normally do.
But it’s not like I know the guy. It just seems strange that’s all. It’s probably nothing but I wasn’t trying to generalize him and should’ve been more clear about what I meant.

This is nothing.

Yes it’s a little over the top, but even the nicest people lose a little perspective when they spend most of their time in the Hollywood bubble and echo chamber. I’m sure it tends to make one overdramatize and internalize one’s significance.

He’s still a good guy and a great Cane. On top of being a hundreds of million dollar cash machine.

In the overall scheme of things, this is basically already past its shelf date

97% survivability rate. 99% with no pre exisiting conditions.

Rock can likely curl with one arm what I can bench with two.

Not to mention Rocks family can and will afford the best American healthcare money can buy.

Not trying to make light of the situation, but I think he'll be allright. His family too.

Like Rock. Was still an Austin fan though I knew Dwayne was a Cane. :)
I went to a house show at the Miami Arena in August 1997 with friends, when Dwayne Johnson was still Rocky Miavia and shortly before he went heel. His opponent that night was Faarooq. The fans knew, and the ring announcer made it clear what was at stake.

Rocky Miavia was announced as hailing from the University of Miami. And Faarooq (Ron Simmons) was announced as hailing from Florida State.

The Rock went over, crowd went nuts.

Advertisement
He's built one of the most incredible brands from very little. Stuff like this makes him more human and likeable. Sure, him and his family are at very little risk with their age and health, but people pay a lot more attention to this than they would anybody else

I'm still ****ed he didn't live up to his promise to run as an Independent in this election...

images.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg

The recent CDC disclosure that only 6% of fatalities in this country had no other known underlying factors is further proof this virus was seriously politicized.
I just want to point out that a very large percentage of people have underlying conditions. I think it's somewhere around 60% of Americans have at least one chronic health condition and 40% have at least two. That number goes up to like 80% for people over 55.

I think the discussion around, "it only affects people with underlying conditions", leads people to believe that is a small population. When it's actually the majority of Americans.

He's always been a nice guy. You realize wrestling is fake, right?
Entertainment at its finest. Used to be Catch, hook or no holds barred wrestling was the number one sport in the US back in the 1800s where the best in different areas would fight for cash and bets placed. Promoters got involved and there was more money made off scripted wrestling in the early 1900s and still doing well today.
I’ve met him at dadeland once back when I drive for ups during his Scorpion King days. Very approachable and humble.
I’m not knocking him at all. He’s generous and has stayed away from a lot of that hollywood BS.
I just didn’t see a reason for him to put it out there like that and seems like something wouldn’t normally do.
But it’s not like I know the guy. It just seems strange that’s all. It’s probably nothing but I wasn’t trying to generalize him and should’ve been more clear about what I meant.
Dwayne is a great guy and one of the nicest actors you can work with. Did a movie and some commercials with him. Always verbally appreciating and thankful for everyone's hard work around him. He loves Miami football and you can tell he is always thinking about the team. Knows everything about them. We did talk a lot about the team on and off throughout the day.

Advertisement
Back