Dwayne Lawson Senior Highlights

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I tried to tell ya'll!! My frat invited me to a few of their 7 on 7 practices. He's a big kid and will fill out to at least 235'. Very strong arm with little effort. Serious athlete, but looks to pass first, but as you can see, got **** good speed too. Kaaya may have won the job, but he ain't as good as Lawson. Lawson can do what Kaaya does better plus the added dimensions of elusiveness and speed. Given a fair chance Lawson will beat out Kaaya! Yea I said it!

Advertisement
Always liked his pick up as a qb. With the weapons around him, this kid will be a problem by his rs soph year.

Beast!

Have to get the rs though. Like for him to fill out and learn under Kayaa, Coley

Excited for Lawson and Allison to learn and develop under Kaaya and Coley. Whatever people wanna say about Coley go ahead but the guy knows how to get Legit QBs.

Lawson brings a dynamic at the qb position we never really had here.

Advertisement
The good: Clean release. Live arm. Quick feet. Great height. Looks like a gamer.

The bad: Throws off balance consistently (pretty much expected from HS QBs). Competition in some of those clips seemed questionable.

The questions: Any QB coach worked with this kid yet? Not much of what he did in those highlights are the types of drop backs and footwork he'll need here. Only saw two clips where he had to face an inside pass rush, so don't know how he looks moving within the pocket. Will he be here in January (seems like someone who'd really benefit)?

I've mentioned before, I think a redshirt year would benefit him. Have him develop and hit the weight room and learn the playbook.

I see Kaaya as a 3 and out kind of guy. Lawson should get his opportunity by his RS SO year against RS FR Allison.

This kid is the goods, I've been impressed with him ever since I saw his videos. His throwing motion his so clean and smooth and he's a good athlete. I don't think he's a a great athlete but he will be a really good short yardage runner once he bulks up a bit. I see alot of Tajh Boyd in him.

Regarding his competition, he plays in the the toughest district in Tampa. Predictably, most of his really spectacular clips came against the crappy teams. He did work against the good teams too, but since it's a highlight reel I used the more eye-popping plays.

Advertisement
Back