Dwayne Lawson commits to Miami

Tampa hopeful he can talk Deon Cain into joining him if he is really serious about his commitment

Advertisement
With Quentez decommitting, I'm afraid to post a celebratory gif.....oh what the ****....welcome to U young man
167.gif

Last edited:
Looks like a really good prospect. Looks like were gonna have at least solid QB play for the next 4-5 years, which haven't haven't had in prolly 10 years.

Advertisement
Yawn... Another early commit that will not stick...

Lawson says he should be labeled a soft Hurricane commitment for now.

"I'll decide for sure in October," he said. "I'm still going to take my visits this summer, will visit Tennessee and Ohio State and Ole Miss maybe."

Advertisement
I need to see more. There weren't a lot of "wow" throws on that highlight reel.

On the positive side, he has great size, big hands, and is a surprisingly quick runner. I just hope we don't regret passing on Ryan Stanley.

Advertisement
Had a late lunch with someone close to him and pretty much all the top talent in Tampa (Bay Area). I've known for a couple weeks the kid was going to commit. He solid. Watched them practice and he is big. Has one of those naturally powerful arms without much effort. Those saying he a project have no idea what they talking about! George Campbell is a big dude too ( gaytors or Bama sorry). We gotta a good chance with Dion Cain Tampa Bay Tech. Very athletic! I was told he's on par with Campbell if he plays WR. I was also told Campbell has a younger cousin at Dunedin the plays DT. For the life of me can't think of his name or the DT he told me about at Tarpon Springs. Says the Canes should be all over both. I'll get back with those names (sorry). Byron Cowart wanted to go to Oregon, but parents limited him to state of Florida or Georgia (Dawgs). He looks like an NFL'er right now. Says Bama tough to beat because the treat players like royalty. They can't get paid but want for nothing! Get best of everything. They live large, win big and put em' in the league, that's their appeal right now. Lastly, told me pretty much all the top talent likes Miami, but they gotta win and win big and get some high draft choices and they can easily be relevant again.

169.gif

With Ridley headed to Bama, Cain is the receiver I'm hoping we land the most. He'd be an enormous get.

I have seen this kid play a few times. Raw and sometimes is overconfident in his strong arm but he has all the tools. Unusually good pocket awareness for a high school player and, as Dmoney mentioned, he has much better feet than you would think for a guy who is a legit 6'4.

Hard to argue with this take.

Advertisement
Welcome to the []_[]��. I'm excited at the prospect of having this dude waiting in the wings on our future roster. If he is developed correctly, ohhhhh man!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back