Dwayne Lawson commits to Miami

To all the people saying "I think he sticks"....wtf makes you think that? Our track record? A winning season? Good coaRch? Money? NO NO NO and NO lol

What would you do if somebody put a duffel bag full of cash in front of you and said the Charger with 20" rims that he's driving is now yours?

/nobody knows what some high school kid is going to do....its a nice verbal, but we've learned many times not to get excited until the papers have been faxed. Be happy, but dont excite yourselves too much....we still need to win 10 games if we wanna keep 1/2 these kids

Advertisement
164.gif

Yeah, that guy's pretty thick. Good footwork, but need to see how he throws. At his height, I would've expected a long strider, though. Any actual game film?

Got the size of Warren Sapp, the quickness and agility of Russell Maryland, the lower body thickness of Jerome Brown, and the dance moves of Cortez. Sign the kid up! Lol~

Very shocked at this right here. Had a top 3 of UF, Tennessee and UCF. With OSU close behind.. Not going to get all excited yet. I think a lot could hinge on where Gibson finally lands. If OSU our Tenn miss out on TG. I can see them making a hard push for Lawson.

Nice pick up, but need to watch our 6 on this one.

2 things to ask since I havent read most of the comments on here. 1. How would we compare him to Gibson? They're both projects for the most part but is he close talent/potential wise to Gibson? and 2. Since he was really looking at UF, Tennessee and OSU before was he getting slow played by them?

2 things to ask since I havent read most of the comments on here. 1. How would we compare him to Gibson? They're both projects for the most part but is he close talent/potential wise to Gibson? and 2. Since he was really looking at UF, Tennessee and OSU before was he getting slow played by them?

I would say no, but Lawson definitely has a high ceiling in his own right. Gibson has become one of the most unfairly criticized recruits on this site, which I believe is a direct result of him almost inevitably going elsewhere. We've seen people say they prefer Nick Tiano to Gibson. That's how absurd it's gotten.

Gibson is a much better athlete (though that's not a knock on Lawson) and I believe he can start sooner in college, especially if he goes to Auburn to play in Malzahn's offense. Lawson is more of a pro-style QB who has some mobility and deceptive quicks for someone his size, whereas Gibson is a run-first freak who will blow you away with his ability to generate chunk plays with his legs.

I don't think it would be fair to Lawson to put him in the same conversation as Gibson. Certainly a solid addition to the class, though, since we're not getting Gibson, Locksley, or Wimbush.

Advertisement

Gibson is so much better of an athlete. His elusiveness and speed are on a different level than Lawson's. Think Lawson is more similar to a Cam style and Gibson is definitely Pryor. Not talent wise for Lawson, but playing style.

Gibson is so much better of an athlete. His elusiveness and speed are on a different level than Lawson's. Think Lawson is more similar to a Cam style and Gibson is definitely Pryor. Not talent wise for Lawson, but playing style.

I mean IF you're correct with your comparison then by far im taking Lawson. Cam was like a big te who had very good speed and was a solid passer who just was in a good system to work with but imo receivers that made it harder on him to succeed. Pryor to me was in a conference that aloud him to succeed more. I always felt that passes were as easy as it gets for him because the Big 10 was such a slow conference that defenses had to focus almost solely on him just to contain OSU but as a passer I thought he was just average. Either way im happy that we got this kid

Yeah, that guy's pretty thick. Good footwork, but need to see how he throws. At his height, I would've expected a long strider, though. Any actual game film?

Got the size of Warren Sapp, the quickness and agility of Russell Maryland, the lower body thickness of Jerome Brown, and the dance moves of Cortez. Sign the kid up! Lol~
Canes are his "dream school", but wearing a Maryland hoodie. He gone.

Advertisement

I would say no, but Lawson definitely has a high ceiling in his own right. Gibson has become one of the most unfairly criticized recruits on this site, which I believe is a direct result of him almost inevitably going elsewhere. We've seen people say they prefer Nick Tiano to Gibson. That's how absurd it's gotten.

Gibson is a much better athlete (though that's not a knock on Lawson) and I believe he can start sooner in college, especially if he goes to Auburn to play in Malzahn's offense. Lawson is more of a pro-style QB who has some mobility and deceptive quicks for someone his size, whereas Gibson is a run-first freak who will blow you away with his ability to generate chunk plays with his legs.

I don't think it would be fair to Lawson to put him in the same conversation as Gibson. Certainly a solid addition to the class, though, since we're not getting Gibson, Locksley, or Wimbush.

Thanks for the insite bro

20 inch rims, does Bama want him?
To all the people saying "I think he sticks"....wtf makes you think that? Our track record? A winning season? Good coaRch? Money? NO NO NO and NO lol

What would you do if somebody put a duffel bag full of cash in front of you and said the Charger with 20" rims that he's driving is now yours?

/nobody knows what some high school kid is going to do....its a nice verbal, but we've learned many times not to get excited until the papers have been faxed. Be happy, but dont excite yourselves too much....we still need to win 10 games if we wanna keep 1/2 these kids

Advertisement

All of which are good signs for our QB of the future.

Canes are his "dream school", but wearing a Maryland hoodie. He gone.

Gone? That's Lawson isn't it? So he's already decommitted? I just loved that video, even though it was obviously the kid's own unique warm-up routine.

Advertisement
4-star QB Dwayne Lawson Miami Commit:
@dlaw95: The same reason I commited to Miami is the same reason were going to win a Championship!!!

4-star QB Dwayne Lawson Miami Commit:
@dlaw95: The same reason I commited to Miami is the same reason were going to win a Championship!!!

This is good to see. I know one poster on here said he has some inside knowledge and that the kid will stick. I hope so. I think he would be a good follow up to Kaaya since he is said to be a bit of a project. That should give him some time to really develop.

Advertisement
Back