Dwayne Lawson commits to Miami

If we can't get Gibson, I will take this kid, who is about 80% the prospect that Gibson is but to me shows just as much, if not more, innate QB ability.

Advertisement
From rivals

Lawson says he should be labeled a soft Hurricane commitment for now.

"I'll decide for sure in October," he said. "I'm still going to take my visits this summer, will visit Tennessee and Ohio State and Ole Miss maybe."

Surprise Surprise! Where are you getting that info from, please provide a link.

Hopefully Tiano commits also, I have feeling his commitment would be solid from day 1 to NSD.

Go Canes

Every time I think of Tampa Hillsborough, I think about a kid I wanted at Miami to come into the 2010 class with Stephen Morris, but we never offered him...Tarean Austin. Now, looking back, Austin ended up at New Mexico, started a couple of games as a Freshman there, then transferred to Fort Hayes State...so he didn't really develop. But back then, I really liked his tape and wanted him as a 2nd QB option in the 2010 class.

This kid looks a lot better than Austin did, and a lot more athletic. Probably doesn't have as big of an arm as Austin did, but he's a really good athlete. Glad to have him.

"I'll decide for sure in October," he said. "I'm still going to take my visits this summer, will visit Tennessee and Ohio State and Ole Miss maybe."

L
O
L

ESPN loves this kid, 4 star .Reminds them of a young Cam Newton coming out of high school. Not saying his the next Cam, but has all the physical tools to be a great player.

Advertisement
We just got a "soft verbal"... WOW. I'm definitely glad I care less and less about recruiting each year.

Very interesting because he had a Top 3 of UF, Ohio ST, and Tenn.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...33483/buckeyes-offer-florida-qb-dwayne-lawson

An that list was put out around the sametime as he received his UM offer, an cnsidering UF hadn't even offered him but they made his Top3 while UM had makes me a little Leary of this commitment. Especially if UF comes calling late.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/15/dwayne-lawson-commits-miami-hurricanes-4-star-qb/#!NKDA1

But we needed a QB in the class so I say welcome to the family young man.

Go Canes
All signs point to him already having a LEGIT uf offer...SO I dont know wtf you're talking about...Not sure where you get your info from

Lol

Advertisement

I get the feeling the word soft never came out of Lawson's mouth. At least judging by that blurb. Taking visits and "deciding for sure" certainly implies that but unless there is a quote with him using the word "soft", I think that is the writer editorializing.

I get the feeling the word soft never came out of Lawson's mouth. At least judging by that blurb. Taking visits and "deciding for sure" certainly implies that but unless there is a quote with him using the word "soft", I think that is the writer editorializing.

i would classify it as a soft too when the kid says he will know for sure in october

Blast from the past Hillsborough Terriers: Jarred Fayson, Leslie Stirrups... and some Earl Moore dude.

Advertisement
People still trust what Rivals puts out? Like Ferman isn't known to make **** up for his own hits?

i would classify it as a soft too when the kid says he will know for sure in october

True, but I get the feeling the kid never said he should be labeled a soft commit. Which is what the article said. That would make the writer at best a stretcher of the truth and at worst a liar.

I love this pick up

This is the kinda kid that understands he needs to get better not looking to be the guy RIGHT NOW
but has a **** of a tool box to work with, nice skill set and you can develop him in your system to be
ready to get in a few years...with more eligibility left. Great size, good arm strength, decent awareness
in the pocket...

I LOVE IT!!! great eval...I am glad we took him...I think he sticks as well

Advertisement
Francois decides next month at the opening and he just released his top 5 with UF and FSU in it no Miami tho. Hopefully the staff will jump on him quick. I say lock one down and then go all in on Gibson and a second of maybe Locksley or Francois.

Francois decides next month at the opening and he just released his top 5 with UF and FSU in it no Miami tho. Hopefully the staff will jump on him quick. I say lock one down and then go all in on Gibson and a second of maybe Locksley or Francois.

We're not getting Gibson, Locksley, or Francois.

Young Mr. Lawson remember if your looking UM will be looking also, especially at QB where you are supposed to be the leader of your recruiting Class and actually recruit kids to play with you in the class this why most QB's chose a school by the beginning of Summer, not Mid season. Just something to think about young man.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back