Dwayne Haskins Killed in South Florida

His car died, he got out to check on it and got hit by another car. Happens way too often in South Florida, it seems like.
Happened to me. I got launched by an absolute idiot trying to cut through the turn lane to bypass traffic and that’s of course where my car was as it was the right-most lane (I pushed it there). I was standing in front of my car with the hood up and got flung in the air. One of the most terrifying moments of my life. Total miracle I came out of it with just some scratches and bad bruising. Makes absolutely no sense considering how I ragdolled around cars that almost ran me over.

So yes. Happens way too often. I live in LA now. LA traffic has the worst traffic but Miami drivers are the worst in the country.

Advertisement
When we were there last summer I started to wonder if one contributor to driver recklessness is the low speed limits. It’s seems counterintuitive - and it’s not necessarily applicable on an interstate - but in other areas of S Florida the speed limit is 35. We were only a few miles away from Zucharelli’s restaurant (my Dad is friends with the owner) and it took 40 minutes to get there. Out here in Austin almost all of the roads are at least 45, and many roads are 65. It literally is quicker to get around here. The slow nature of S Florida traffic might be driving some of the aggression and recklessness (as well as overall population density).

slow nature?

Theres a reason FAST N FURIOUS was made here.

For the ismple fact its a sports car town..should let you know how it is here....5 mins in to my drive every day i pass a minimum 2-3 lamborghini's by my second light.

slow nature?

Theres a reason FAST N FURIOUS was made here.

For the ismple fact its a sports car town..should let you know how it is here....5 mins in to my drive every day i pass a minimum 2-3 lamborghini's by my second light.
You should see The NJ suburbs outside of NYC. Whenever I come back from NJ I will be doing 90 in the middle lane on the highway and will always be getting blown by in the left lane. Even just moms in minivans will casually be doing 100+ on certain parts of the highways in NJ. The suburbs there are like Miami too where Lambos are nothing special and Ferraris are common place.

You should see The NJ suburbs outside of NYC. Whenever I come back from NJ I will be doing 90 in the middle lane on the highway and will always be getting blown by in the left lane. Even just moms in minivans will casually be doing 100+ on certain parts of the highways in NJ. The suburbs there are like Miami too where Lambos are nothing special and Ferraris are common place.

Do NJ have 17 yr old Dominicans in Honda Civics goint 120 playing Reggaeton outta 2 12 subwoofers lol.

I did the NYC to DC drive a few months ago and it was CAKE compared to my daily Broward County I95 drive. Man the idiotic stuff i see on a daily down here.

Do NJ have 17 yr old Dominicans in Honda Civics goint 120 playing Reggaeton outta 2 12 subwoofers lol.

I did the NYC to DC drive a few months ago and it was CAKE compared to my daily Broward County I95 drive. Man the idiotic stuff i see on a daily down here.
Bruh the biggest dominican population outside of santo domingo is in the NYC lmao.NY has close to a million dominicans NJ has over 300k and all of them live right around the NYC metro area. Florida has about 260k Dominicans. and they all drive old school civics with exhaust systems lml.

But nah you are 100% right So Fla drivers are the worst in the country no question. NYC and that area has drivers that drive fast af, but they are good drivers. No real risk. I never had to worry much driving up here. Down there its crazy.

But when it comes to high speed. I have never seen anything like what I saw in NJ. Everyone just breaks the speed limit on some of these highways by huge amounts. I am not exaggerating when I say soccer moms in Minivans and grandpas in Buicks will just be casually doing 100+. Any Tri state people can confirm this is how it is on parts of 287.

Florida drivers do more dumb schit though, no question, like going backwards when they miss their exit and schit like that, but as far as just top speed on regular roads. I never saw anything like NJ. Even us NY people give it to them when it comes to top speed cruising.

Advertisement
I think Cmar was killed in a similar way. His car broke down on the interstate and I think another car either hit him when he got out or hit the car from behind while it sat idle, while he was still in it.

Cmar (aka Chris Johnson) used to post on grassy and was one of the most popular posters on the site. I hung out with him a couple times.

Yup. Phones also coupled with overly aggressive drivers comingling on the roads with people going 15 miles under the speed limit because they're ON the phone, elderly or just scared.

I'll NEVER understand how people down here act as drivers just when it rains (which ain't exactly an uncommon event). You'll have dipsh!ts passing you at 120mph on 95 while the person next to you is going 35mph with their hazards on.
I have definitely seen this, and was scared as **** for all involved… including myself!

I think Cmar was killed in a similar way. His car broke down on the interstate and I think another car either hit him when he got out or hit the car from behind while it sat idle, while he was still in it.

Cmar (aka Chris Johnson) used to post on grassy and was one of the most popular posters on the site. I hung out with him a couple times.
Yep. RIP Cmar!

Advertisement
I used to live in soFla and it was bad back then, but I think it has gotten worse...for example, on numerous occasions I've seen lots of drivers passing folks from far-right lane going over 90 mph...getting the horn and finger gesturing treatment because I was only driving 10-15 mph over speed limit exiting turnpike ramp with good downhill curve..people down there are animals and I live in DC and Baltimore Beltway country....also, noticed considerable stretches of road being worked on with no shoulders...crazy town with 3rd world drivers.
It’s pretty insane how many deaths from car accidents in south Florida. Nobody stops at red lights either

Yeah sounds right, especially the city.

I’ve driven a few times in Manhattan, and you absolutely have to drive like a boss. But normally I’m taking Ubers or cabs or walking when I’m in New York City.

It’s weird, but the safest way to drive in that city is to be aggressive, totally alert and focused, skilled and constantly scanning around and in front of you. Don’t hesitate and don’t be timid. You’ll just get eaten up.
This! You really have to change your mindset to drive in NY. I can’t say that about any other place that I’ve driven.

Florida is top 10 in both of those categories, as well as fatal crashes by registered vehicles. It's a top 10 most dangerous state for drivers any way you slice it.

Interesting how majority are southern states. Midwest and east coast with the weather and snow you’d think more accidents and fatal accidents but must be better drivers up north

Bruh the biggest dominican population outside of santo domingo is in the NYC lmao.NY has close to a million dominicans NJ has over 300k and all of them live right around the NYC metro area. Florida has about 260k Dominicans. and they all drive old school civics with exhaust systems lml.

But nah you are 100% right So Fla drivers are the worst in the country no question. NYC and that area has drivers that drive fast af, but they are good drivers. No real risk. I never had to worry much driving up here. Down there its crazy.

But when it comes to high speed. I have never seen anything like what I saw in NJ. Everyone just breaks the speed limit on some of these highways by huge amounts. I am not exaggerating when I say soccer moms in Minivans and grandpas in Buicks will just be casually doing 100+. Any Tri state people can confirm this is how it is on parts of 287.

Florida drivers do more dumb schit though, no question, like going backwards when they miss their exit and schit like that, but as far as just top speed on regular roads. I never saw anything like NJ. Even us NY people give it to them when it comes to top speed cruising.
Pffff…. New York drivers are worse. I see backing up into an exit all the time. People doing 60 n dude going 40 gets on the left lane. 40mph zone people going 28mph. Dudes out here got fake paper Jersey plate. Dudes running into stores, killing pedestrians waiting for buses, people on their phones. It’s a **** show in ny.

Advertisement
The traffic and drivers have only gotten worse with all the people moving here during the pandemic. I live relatively close to work but I take I95 from Hollywood blvd to Griffin road (3 exits). Pretty much every day there’s an accident backing up traffic during rush hour. The on ramp area from 95 north to 595 is a ridiculous nightmare that pretty much brings traffic to a stop regardless of whether there’s an accident or not.

Cell phone use is the # 1 issue while driving causing most of the accidents and hit n runs not even knowing if they hit anyone only knowing that there was only a bump in the road .

It’s chronic and an addiction like any other , thru stop 40 feet at stop lights they drive 20 MPH on highways they sit through lights the list is long if there disturb they’ll jump up hit the gas or breaks wondering frighten scared if they lost the phone connection not the carnage of bodies in there wake as they rush to there appointments.

I wouldn’t mock anyones pain, but I’m old enough to think you lessen the importance of your grief when you put it on social media. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between genuine emotion and pandering for attention.
Bruh… like why put that on Social Media. I don’t understand that line of thinking. Yeen gotta put errythang on social media, dawg.

Advertisement
Bruh… like why put that on Social Media. I don’t understand that line of thinking. Yeen gotta put errythang on social media, dawg.
There's a reason he's disliked by the majority of his Steelers teammates, and pretty much anyone over the age of 18 in this area, and it's not because he's mature. Absolute ******* clown

The traffic and drivers have only gotten worse with all the people moving here during the pandemic. I live relatively close to work but I take I95 from Hollywood blvd to Griffin road (3 exits). Pretty much every day there’s an accident backing up traffic during rush hour. The on ramp area from 95 north to 595 is a ridiculous nightmare that pretty much brings traffic to a stop regardless of whether there’s an accident or not.
Pandemic migrators are slowly moving back

And most have no license or insurance, rudeness of South Florida drivers can rival any state including NJ and California let alone customer service in any store the worst

Drivers suck everywhere.
I’ve lived in Texas , California New York and Miami.
They all have their different level of suck and for different reasons.

But being able to answer 20 questions and drive around the block and then boom! “Here’s your license” probably has something to do with it.

Advertisement
Back