During times like these I miss the old Grassy chat

Advertisement
Anthony's was later. Last I heard, Deis is in Europe, Chef and Bomb are still around, I still correspond with them. Anyone else?
I'm on FB with a lot of the Joes from Grassy. We used to meet in NYC and watch the games. The Washington game was a heart-breaker watching that with Y2Cane, Deiscane, Hurr1canes, Motley Crew, Bomb and a few others. Went to BC, 'Cuse, Washington and a few other games with a bunch of 'Canes. Met Canesforever(Randy) and some nutter that liked to pour Crown down everyone's throat. Good times, good times. Wouldn't change anything and am lucky to be able to travel and see my 'Canes. Now I'm over 50 I suppose those were 'The good 'ol days'.

I'm on FB with a lot of the Joes from Grassy. We used to meet in NYC and watch the games. The Washington game was a heart-breaker watching that with Y2Cane, Deiscane, Hurr1canes, Motley Crew, Bomb and a few others. Went to BC, 'Cuse, Washington and a few other games with a bunch of 'Canes. Met Canesforever(Randy) and some nutter that liked to pour Crown down everyone's throat. Good times, good times. Wouldn't change anything and am lucky to be able to travel and see my 'Canes. Now I'm over 50 I suppose those were 'The good 'ol days'.

Auggie doggie was the Crown guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Almost forgot to ask. Is Randy on this board? You don't have to tell me his screen name or you could dm it to me. What is his feeling on the state of the program? Is he excited about the future potential of all this talent or is he more cautiously optimistic?
Met him for like 15 seconds years ago, when his group did the travel tailgate stuff. Was beyond nice. I always envisioned him from his Internet persona lol. I met lots of guys over the years. I use to buy tickets from a gentleman named Frank. And Toni. I was a kid then.

Advertisement

Good to see you, CONY.

Funny enough, OOS games typically bring out a lot of posters (especially the ones that don’t live in sofla). I remember Alf Gluten’s first game at UMD brought a lot of people out - dmoney/wife, Dutch, caneofwhupass, bmac, deis and a several others I can’t even remember now.

who was dude that always posted pics of his wife in the lounge? 🤣 I was was a teen then and remember dying reading those threads. The lounge was a lot sometimes and NSFW picture threads were nuts. The internet in general back then was The Wild West.

I miss shadows private board. I reset my email years ago and it disabled my login since. Weird site feature.

By the way, on the topic of RandomWalk:

k9cane and I shared this a couple years ago, but I remember my father pointing him out to me at a game once, it was during the later part of the Randy Shannon days. He said:, "that's the random walk guy from the grassy site!” Apparently, Paul Dee (who was a UM law school friend of my uncle’s), knew who RW was and pointed him out to he and my dad one time, but never mentioned his name. (I didn’t know Paul even knew about Grassy, but apparently, Randy had a bunch of folks watching the message boards).

RW was standing there with some woman who looked she used to be a bond girl. i am driving home afterwards, and by ridiculous coincidence we see the woman in the back of this black range rover, heading north on 95. they turn off at the boca raton airport next to FAU, so on a lark, I follow them with my dad asking "WTF?" .... they pull into the parking lot at Signature Flight, jump out, and we see them walk into the building and then a few minutes later catch a glimpse of them behind the chain link fence walking to this gulfstream (??) jet parked in view.

never figured out his name, or saw him at a 'canes game ever again.

My dad and I laughed about it for years after because we said it was like chasing kaiser soze out of the police station in the last scene of The Usual Suspects.

:LOL:
Awesome story! Those little adventures are part of what make life fun.

Advertisement
Good to see you, CONY.

Funny enough, OOS games typically bring out a lot of posters (especially the ones that don’t live in sofla). I remember Alf Gluten’s first game at UMD brought a lot of people out - dmoney/wife, Dutch, caneofwhupass, bmac, deis and a several others I can’t even remember now.

What's the good word, AU? I went to that game, unfortunately. Losing to Maryland sucked! Best game I went to was the Washington game in Miami. We had a group that picked me up at FAU and we sat up in the NW corner of the OB. Place was absolutely jamming! I don't think we stopped screaming until I was dropped off at FAU later that night! NYCane and Y2cane and I drove to the BC game, what a nailbiter! Also the 'Cuse game is where I 1st met K9. Dude knows his boxing, that is fo sho. Willie Mac went to town on 'Cuse.

Just so many memories. Still hard to wrap my head around it being 20+ years ago tho.

Last edited:
What's the good word, AU? I went to that game, unfortunately. Losing to Maryland sucked! Best game I went to was the Washington game in Miami. We had a group that picked me up at FAU and we sat up in the NW corner of the OB. Place was absolutely jamming! I don't think we stopped screaming until I was dropped off at FAU later that night! NYCane and Y2cane and I drove to the BC game, what a nailbiter! Also the 'Cuse game is where I 1st met K9. Dude knows his boxing, that is fo sho. Willie Mac went to town on 'Cuse.

Just so many memories. Still hard to wrap my head around it being 20+ years ago tho.

Was a good tailgate with AirForceCane frying turkey. Keg got confiscated from UM51Chris...i think he got another one lol...

NJtoFatCane was obnoxious as usual, having done a **** pinwheel in a restaurant the night before. :sick:

I was at a tailgate where EKU spiked a beer bottle and it bounced off the ground and shut like a missile towards Randy‘s pick up truck windshield. It cracked the windshield. Randi was a really good sport about it and EKU **** his pants multiple times.

Advertisement
Back