During times like these I miss the old Grassy chat

Let's just lay it out there. It was great until the progressive moderators took over the message boards. It was a foreshadowing of the woke culture that was coming.
The raunchiness did not create a good atmosphere for advertisers. But, sure, let’s blame “woke culture.”
Pro tip: Follow the money.
Let's just lay it out there. It was great until the progressive moderators took over the message boards. It was a foreshadowing of the woke culture that was coming.

Advertisement
We were kids and now we are getting old. Lots of great memories on and off the board since 1997. Tons of characters. My favorite road game was at BC 2003. Weather was sensational, everyone was getting along, team was still good, great tailgate.

Not sure about that but maybe. Was always curious what that screen name meant. He was the guy who was always referencing *****. He would say stuff like he hates the FSU tomahawk chop because he said it reminded him of ***** and stuff like that. He was a cool cat most of the time but he could get a bit defensive and a bit preachy sometimes. Wonder what happened to him.

Brandeis University

He is ******

Advertisement
Amazing how the time flies. I remember the last Chat I was in was the ASmith debacle. What a bad taste that left. That was also the downfall of RB's as we suffered for a bit to get a decent RB. Grassy was a lot of fun, good and interesting people from all over.
Didn't we lose Preston Parker to fsu on that same day ?

Advertisement
Those three sisters lived in Westchester or thereabouts, no? One went to Syracuse iirc. One ended up working for the Fed gov't in DC.

Thinking of them, there was a very long thread on Grassy just before it went away (iirc) involving a young, college-age guy out in Omaha who loved the Canes even though he had no connection. Also, he was self-reportedly very ill/often hospitalized.

His "wish" was to travel from Nebraska to Miami to see a Canes home game and hang in the Grove. I think that trip eventually came off and one of those sisters and some others from Grassy might've met up with him at the Sandbar. Ring any bells? That long thread was pinned on Grassy for awhile.

Those three sisters lived in Westchester or thereabouts, no? One went to Syracuse iirc. One ended up working for the Fed gov't in DC.

Thinking of them, there was a very long thread on Grassy just before it went away (iirc) involving a young, college-age guy out in Omaha who loved the Canes even though he had no connection. Also, he was self-reportedly very ill/often hospitalized.

His "wish" was to travel from Nebraska to Miami to see a Canes home game and hang in the Grove. I think that trip eventually came off and one of those sisters and some others from Grassy might've met up with him at the Sandbar. Ring any bells? That long tread was pinned on Grassy for awhile.
Three sisters but not sure where from in Miami.

I recall something like that and believe someone pulled his visit off

I remember those days and a lot of those names. Met a lot of those guys tailgating...03 Tally,05 Blacksburg seem to standout😄. Bryan Knoll, Tony, Franchise,K9 ...
Whatever happened to owner/administrator of Grassy Bryan Knoll?
Retired and relaxing but still follow the program closely. Nothing but love for the Canes!

This site seems nice, you're all in good hands it appears:)

Advertisement
I miss The Lounge... that place was wild
The Grassy politics board was very rough and tough, especially for those who were not Conservatives (of course being a Conservative then and now is two very different things). Like being in a WWI trench, you didn't wanna stick your head up too often.

@JD08

Last edited:
Advertisement
He passed away few years ago in tragic accident. 😔
Yep, so sad. He was my favorite poster and his fight and with the Ohio State fans was classic. Good dude too. Met him a couple of times when we would all meet on signing day. Unfortunately, that douche Chef was there also.

Advertisement
Back