Win Pct . 97%

Without J. Winston . 2015-2017
Overall record 21-6
ACC record . 12-7
ACC Atlantic champs . ZERO
ACC Titles ZERO
Heisman winners ZERO
National Titles . ZERO
Win Pct. 77% (likely to fall even further this year)

Dumbo is NOT Nick Saban 2.0 . and with CMR likely to dominate SoFla recruiting for the near future its going to get a lot tougher for them. Miami is on the way up and FSU's run is OVER!

Advertisement
Why did you only include 2015-17? Seems appropriate to include the other years he coached FSU without Winston. I'm not saying it will make a difference, but you only have 2 seasons, plus a few games in the second data set. That's not a lot of info from which to draw conclusions.

So he hasn't had a heisman winner in the last 2 years and a dominant Clemson has beat him in the ACC? Wtf is the point of this thread? fvck Jimbo and the Noles but this means nothing.

It really helps your program to have a Heisman Trophy winning QB who goes on to be the first pick in the NFL draft.

Fascinating.

The concept of this thread is just silly. Fisher recruited and landed Winston so to take him away to make some silly point is dumb. Good/great coaches recruit good /great players plain and simple.

Advertisement
Newsflash:

Jimbo was the coach from 2010-2012, before Winston arrived. FSU was 31-10, 18-6 and won the ACC and the Orange Bowl in 2012.

This is all irrelevant. Cuckbo will be at LSU next year anyway where he'll instantly be the 2nd best coach in that entire garbage conference. A tag team of Tommy & Jeff Bowden as co-head coaches will then lead FSU back to greatness.

My guess is this thread is to show Jimbo is overrated for the many fans here that were gargling his seed for years.

Newsflash:

Jimbo was the coach from 2010-2012, before Winston arrived. FSU was 31-10, 18-6 and won the ACC and the Orange Bowl in 2012.

Yes I'm glad you brought this up. But during that time frame Miami had 2 imposters masquerading as head coaches and a cloud of dust that sent major SoFla talent packing their bags and heading north. Now that Dumbo has to recruit against a real coach at Miami the ship is starting to sink faster and faster.

Advertisement
I wouldn't be the least bit surprise, if Good Ol' Boy Jimbo's squad DEFEATS mighty Louisville in two weeks!:sanford:

The concept of this thread is just silly. Fisher recruited and landed Winston so to take him away to make some silly point is dumb. Good/great coaches recruit good /great players plain and simple.

Dameyune Craig actually recruited Winston.

I always say.. One player doesn't make a coach.. Let's see him do it consistently

With J. Winston 2013-2014

Overall record 27-1
ACC record 16-0
ACC Atlantic champs . 2
ACC titles . 2
Heisman winners . 1
National Titles 1
Win Pct . 97%

Overall record 21-6
ACC record . 12-7
ACC Titles ZERO
Heisman winners ZERO
National Titles . ZERO

Dumbo is NOT Nick Saban 2.0 . and with CMR likely to dominate SoFla recruiting for the near future its going to get a lot tougher for them. Miami is on the way up and FSU's run is OVER!

How could he have more losses in the ACC than total losses?

Advertisement
This board stays obsessed with FSU

**** outta here. We got a real season to look at for a change.

With J. Winston 2013-2014

Overall record 27-1
ACC record 16-0
ACC Atlantic champs . 2
ACC titles . 2
Heisman winners . 1
National Titles 1
Win Pct . 97%

Overall record 21-6
ACC record . 12-7
ACC Titles ZERO
Heisman winners ZERO
National Titles . ZERO

How could he have more losses in the ACC than total losses?

He's just THAT bad!!!

It really helps your program to have a Heisman Trophy winning QB who goes on to be the first pick in the NFL draft.

Fascinating.

always an a-hole in the group. Most coaches don't have a heisman trophy candidate and yet win alot. His point is jimbo is average without one like many of other coaches...and not the genius people make him out to be.

Advertisement
This is not suppose to take away from this massive win for the program. Seven years of futility against one school is a lot to over come esp. on the road.

But to illustrate OP point of Jimbo and FSU's program declining from pre and post Winston years while UM is rising, they are 13-9 in the last 22 P5 games and 8-7 in ACC play over that time. I saw these stats and was astonished so I had to look them up.

Last edited:
This is all irrelevant. Cuckbo will be at LSU next year anyway where he'll instantly be the 2nd best coach in that entire garbage conference. A tag team of Tommy & Jeff Bowden as co-head coaches will then lead FSU back to greatness.

If the necks ca get out of their own way, I think Frank Wilson gets the LSU gig when they part with Orgeron.

Advertisement
Back