Duke says. . .

Advertisement
last year every time Duke ran I got scared.

1. I did not want him to get hurt (every D player was targeting him to get a high light)
2. he started to have a stretch of fumbling.

this year.. seems like his weight and approach and I saw him in person just running around he looks more "sturdy". I hope he has an insane year and get drafted high. He almost by himself saved our reputation a bit during this NCAA bs.

2nd Round IMO, his numbers will be good (season and combines) and I think teams will stress his intangibles. Unlike, many RB's he is a leader, competitor and inspires intensity in his teammates.

I think his height would be only thing to keep him out of first round. Other than that. He has IT.

Through 8 games he had 145 Carries for 920 Yards and 6 TDs

If healthy, over 13 games, he was on pace for 236 Carries for 1495 and 10 TDs

In the UNC game he played the 1st Quarter Only and was 8 for 83 (on pace for 300 Rushing Yards).

If he stays healthy, expect a big season.
He missed majority of CSU and USF games as well as more than half of unc and final quarter of fsu. Duke was on pace for ridiculous numbers. I expect it again this year. He ran for almost 1000 playing about 4 1/2 full games.

What I expect from Duke. 1600-1800 yards just rushing. 200-300 receiving. 12-14 rush TDs. 2-3 receiving tds. Some return tds and good return yardage,

As long as Duke is healthy, he WILL break McGahees all purpose record,he was on pace last year for it and almost broke it as a freshman. Duke could really cement his legacy this year.

Last edited:
last year every time Duke ran I got scared.

1. I did not want him to get hurt (every D player was targeting him to get a high light)
2. he started to have a stretch of fumbling.

this year.. seems like his weight and approach and I saw him in person just running around he looks more "sturdy". I hope he has an insane year and get drafted high. He almost by himself saved our reputation a bit during this NCAA bs.

Zo Highsmith, let's pray he has a better NFL career, tho. Go get that money Duke. If, and God forbid, something goes wrong, Duke will not be working at some Walmart, unless that's what he wants to do!!! He is a legend at UM and folks will always remember that.

Advertisement
I agree that you should never leave college without at least a bachelors degree, I still would be shocked if he stayed. It'd be hard for me seeing the draft committee giving him a neither grade with his size and ability to be a receiving weapon.

Leaving school should not apply for those smart athletes like Duke and those that are at the top of the teams food chain. Duke will be fine in 10 or 15 years with leaving early even if he does not make it in the league long-term. His name and personal skills will cover him in South Florida.

I think he'll go in the 2nd round just like Giovani Bernard. He also had some injury concerns however his occurred early in college. I think Duke is the better player but they definitely have a lot of similarities (height, weight, explosion, vision, etc).

Through 8 games he had 145 Carries for 920 Yards and 6 TDs

If healthy, over 13 games, he was on pace for 236 Carries for 1495 and 10 TDs

In the UNC game he played the 1st Quarter Only and was 8 for 83 (on pace for 300 Rushing Yards).

If he stays healthy, expect a big season.
He missed majority of CSU and USF games as well as more than half of unc and final quarter of fsu. Duke was on pace for ridiculous numbers. I expect it again this year. He ran for almost 1000 playing about 4 1/2 full games.

What I expect from Duke. 1600-1800 yards just rushing. 200-300 receiving. 12-14 rush TDs. 2-3 receiving tds. Some return tds and good return yardage,

As long as Duke is healthy, he WILL break McGahees all purpose record,he was on pace last year for it and almost broke it as a freshman. Duke could really cement his legacy this year.

good thing for Duke is he has help in the back field and in the return game, so he does not have to carry the weight by himself. He also has a more mature receiving corp. Again he has help, which will open things up for him as well. Can't key just on him. Decent QB this offense, led by Duke should put up crazy numbers!!!

How tall was Emmitt Smith? Get Duke behind some road graders and he'll kill it for the right team.

And Duke won't leave if he's not projected to be a top 3 round pick. Bank

Top 3? Fine, but he is not a round 1 type of kid, imo. It will take an exceptional season to do that and I don't see him doing it. Look at how many 5-9, 205 RBs who are 4.4/4.5 guys get drafted in the first - there aren't very many at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back