Duke on the market

He can be a starter in todays nfl. Nobody other than dallas is lining up just pounding the ball anymore. McCaffrey averaged just 13 carries a game. Kamara averaged 12. Duke can definitely give you 15 carries and 7 or 8 catches a game.

So roughly 33 percent of a teams offensive workload? You meant that in jest I hope.

As for Duke, get your *** to camp and talk behind closed doors. You just got a good extension approximately 10 months ago and now want to sit out, don't care if it's voluntary or not. Get out of here with that crap.

He also removed all of his Browns photos from social media, childish. I'm amazed that people pay attention to these overpaid babies getting paid a **** ton in every professional sport. For good or bad, kids look up to these athletes and want to be next. Sure, it's business, but some things are bigger than that. I would let him go for a bag of peanuts with two stunts like that if I could.

Advertisement
Dolphins fan here (yes, sad, I know). I think Duke would do great on the Cowboys. They really have no one to spell Zeke with and Duke obviously brings a different skillset. Not sure why Dallas wouldn't want him, plus it's insurance in case Zeke missed a couple games.

Zeke is one of the best receiving backs in the league.

Cowboys need a guy to eat Cole Beasley's production out of the slot, but not sure Duke is that guy.

Jaguars would be a great fit for Duke if we are taking a survey of the league. They have no one catching passes out of the backfield and desperately need something more than BUGA. Signed Rawls and Alfred Blue in the offseason and they still need a RB.

So roughly 33 percent of a teams offensive workload? You meant that in jest I hope.

As for Duke, get your *** to camp and talk behind closed doors. You just got a good extension approximately 10 months ago and now want to sit out, don't care if it's voluntary or not. Get out of here with that crap.

He also removed all of his Browns photos from social media, childish. I'm amazed that people pay attention to these overpaid babies getting paid a **** ton in every professional sport. For good or bad, kids look up to these athletes and want to be next. Sure, it's business, but some things are bigger than that. I would let him go for a bag of peanuts with two stunts like that if I could.

I respect that take

Advertisement

I want Duke as my number 1 rb in Tampa bay. Would be nasty and become a featured back in Bruce arians scheme. Regardless touches adjusted he’s one of the most productive backs in the league

I want Duke as my number 1 rb in Tampa bay. Would be nasty and become a featured back in Bruce arians scheme. Regardless touches adjusted he’s one of the most productive backs in the league

I would love to know how "explosiveness" is ranked.

Advertisement
So according to reports (no, I don't have a link), Duke Johnson has requested to be traded from the Browns. He didn't show for "voluntary" workouts today.
As a Canes and Browns fan who has met Duke, I have mixed feelings about this. Hope all the best for Duke.

As a Duke fan u should want him to be traded. After week 8 may not see any significant touches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like standard behavior for Duke. This is at least his third time to take all of his Cleveland Brown stuff off of social media. They never traded him before. And he's a great back. Stupid to get rid of him.

Advertisement
Back