Duke on the market

Advertisement
So according to reports (no, I don't have a link), Duke Johnson has requested to be traded from the Browns. He didn't show for "voluntary" workouts today.
As a Canes and Browns fan who has met Duke, I have mixed feelings about this. Hope all the best for Duke.

Browns have been wasting his talent for years. Would've been nice to see him the new offense but it would be nicer to see him on a contender.

Browns have been wasting his talent for years. Would've been nice to see him the new offense but it would be nicer to see him on a contender.
The Browns may very well be that contender. John Dorsey is really getting rid of previous regime players. I just wish Duke was here to see the turnaround. He was a soldier during the losing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Duke is a true Cane and seemingly a good guy, but he is not a feature back in the NFL. His best hope is to go to a team that uses him like the Patriots use James White, be a complimentary back to a power running game (maybe Washington?), or just make his peace with being a back up to guys with similar but superior skillsets like Cohen, Kamara, and McCaffrey.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes see my post above. He’d go well with Cohen and Howard just got traded last week.
I saw your post. Bears need a 1down and 2n down back. Cohen is basically the same type of Change of pace/3rd down back..duke is not a every down pound the rock type in the nfl..his dream team is the pats or someone needs that 3rd down change of pace typo

Advertisement
Back