Duke @ Miami -3.5

Advertisement
1675747292314.gif

A few thoughts, some of which a few of us have been hammering all season
1. Jordan Miller is a zone killer. As soon as duke went to the zone in the first half, Coach subbed Miller back in the game for Walker. Miller is a maestro from the high post. NBA will be all over this young man.
2. Who were gthe people on CIS critical of Poplar??? His athleticism is important. He blocked a 3 point shot though he was about 6 feet away when he took off. And then completes it with the dunk. I know he can be inconsistent but his athleticism is at such a different level.
And how completes his night by CUFFING a dunk. That is dunk contest level.
3. Omier making me look stupid for staying that we need more Casey against tall teams. I was right and wrong. Duke is tall but for too skinny/slight to deal with Omier.
4. Nigel Pack scores 5 points and kept passing the ball. Very mature game by Pack.
5. Wong played within the offense for the most part. He is good but he is better when he lets the game come to him.

For anyone who went to the game, how would you finish this sentence? This was the best home crowd since __________
I was critical of Poplar. Mainly cause of his terrible play in the Kansas game last year. He has improved tremendously. I hope he continues to prove me wrong.

A few thoughts, some of which a few of us have been hammering all season
1. Jordan Miller is a zone killer. As soon as duke went to the zone in the first half, Coach subbed Miller back in the game for Walker. Miller is a maestro from the high post. NBA will be all over this young man.
2. Who were gthe people on CIS critical of Poplar??? His athleticism is important. He blocked a 3 point shot though he was about 6 feet away when he took off. And then completes it with the dunk. I know he can be inconsistent but his athleticism is at such a different level.
And how completes his night by CUFFING a dunk. That is dunk contest level.
3. Omier making me look stupid for staying that we need more Casey against tall teams. I was right and wrong. Duke is tall but for too skinny/slight to deal with Omier.
4. Nigel Pack scores 5 points and kept passing the ball. Very mature game by Pack.
5. Wong played within the offense for the most part. He is good but he is better when he lets the game come to him.

For anyone who went to the game, how would you finish this sentence? This was the best home crowd since __________
I was at the game, and I went to all home games in 2013. This was the best home crowd since that Duke annihilation in 2013 when we rushed the court in my opinion. F.uckin electric crowd from the jump, and the team fed off that energy from the get go

Advertisement
I have been a Poplar hater all year but the last few games he’s stepped up. He makes some boneheaded decisions but what soph doesn’t? If he keeps it up, this team will go places.

Good on you for stepping up.

This is just the beginning for Wooga. He can be as good as he wants to be - he just has to listen and let L develop him. His ceiling is bigger than his vertical.

Good on you for stepping up.

This is just the beginning for Wooga. He can be as good as he wants to be - he just has to listen and let L develop him. His ceiling is bigger than his vertical.
You often hear Coach L mention after games how Wooga's best shot is that midrange jumper, and that Coach has been trying to get Wooga to recognize that. The fact that Wooga *has* been getting to that shot the past few games and taking it (and shooting it pretty darn well) shows to me that he's coachable and gets me excited for his development and the future.

Advertisement
Still on a high this morning! Joe Rose keeps playing all the Joe Z calls from the big plays last night. Gave me chills heading into work.

Advertisement
Some gems from the Duke board

After watching this game I'm looking forward to doing something more enjoyable tomorrow, like having a colonoscopy.

Not fun to watch the late game dunk and 3s. Really must have been very important to Larranaga

Saturday was better. I enjoyed it more when we were awesome. The sequel - bleh, 1 star, would not recommend.

Well my wife ordered pizza with ranch on it.this game was the same a big plate of yuck.

Both State and Miami are Adidas schools. Are they both using Adidas basketballs for their home games? Just curious as we've had trouble both games just holding on to the ball.

Miami certainly has been able to play awfully aggressive defense without fouling. Only 4 fouls in the 1st, only 1 in the 2nd half.

I know this isn’t the difference in the game. But Miami’s big guys have set an awful lot of moving screens.

Getting killed on the glass by a team full of oompa loompas

Even if Miami had never taken the floor tonight, Duke would still lose.

Oy.
Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.
Makes one look small.

Advertisement
The potential on this team is crazy - that Poplar dunk was sick.

I think they have the possibility of being on par or better than the 2013 team.
this team is more athletic and more explosive than that 13 team (higher talent level imo). the 13 team i trusted more late in games bc of shane but the last two games were masterful imo against tough opponents

This was almost as good a win as the January 25, 2013 when we won over top 3 Duke team like 90-63 or whatever that was. Great game by Coach L and the whole team tonight.
I’m not sure this win is top 5 best wins. That win in 2013 is the greatest regular season win in school history. Duke was ranked #1 and we were #25.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back