Duke Johnson

1528424706502.jpeg

Advertisement
He was their best player on either side of the ball, they don’t get him the ball enough honestly. Hopefully it changes

That's the **** truth. It's just like the Browns to extend his contract, then use him even less. They'll trade him next year so they can pay another 1st round bust QB. Morons.

Advertisement
They need to use him in the slot like they said they were going to last year. Getting him and Chubb or Hyde on the field at the same time should be a priority.

i am so very happy for that kid. he deserves every penny. he's worked hard, been disciplined, been loyal and quiet and he got paid. good for him and his family. i'll never forget the first game of the season against BC, his first game. i was saying to my kid, this guy is going to be special. and he was.

Got a little pay raise

Still wanted him out of Cleveland to be a featured back like the guy who left from the Vikings and signed a massive deal for a running back with the 49ers. Duke productivity level in the nfl in terms of the touches he get is elite

Uncle Luke's wife just made some money.

Advertisement
Very happy for Duke but he should’ve gotten more than this
Yeah
Luke’s wife is not good at what she does. This whole situation has not been handled the best. Duke shouldn’t have signed thatperiod . That kid McKinnon that signed that huge deal with the 49ers is what duke should have got. He should have demanded a trade and then waited until he was an unrestricted free agent to sign a contact. If not then he should have signed a 2 year 15 million dollar deal with a player option and opted out after the season

Yeah
Luke’s wife is not good at what she does. This whole situation has not been handled the best. Duke shouldn’t have signed thatperiod . That kid McKinnon that signed that huge deal with the 49ers is what duke should have got. He should have demanded a trade and then waited until he was an unrestricted free agent to sign a contact. If not then he should have signed a 2 year 15 million dollar deal with a player option and opted out after the season
Completely agree. He’s their best offensive weapon but isn’t treated like it. He’s getting a proven performance escalated salary this year anyway. I would’ve stayed on the rookie contract this final season and became an ufa or demanded a trade earlier

Last edited:
Honestly, he's better off not being a "feature back". That's not who he is. The fact that the Browns are committed to him is great.

Would rather see him in NE or KC, but there aren't too many other places where he'd be better off than where he is right now.

That Baker Mayfield pick, and especially how it came about ('hee-hee"), really has me all twisted up, because aside from that pick, the Browns actually seem to be making a lot of really smart personnel moves the last couple years. So, I guess I hope Mayfield works out, in spite of my better judgment, cause they sure are accumulating a lot of Canes and seem to be treating them right.

The browns are turning into the Redskins 12 years ago. I think the skins had 6 Canes at the most. Sean/Portis/Rumph/Moss/RockyMc/ and someone else.

Weird question, but, assuming the Browns follow suit, which Cane would you want them to draft next year? I'm going with Jaquan Johnson. They need a cerebral Free Safety. Him or G.Willis.

Advertisement

That is a very weird tweet.

Duke Johnson legit has nothing to do with Chubb. They might as well not even be in the same position group meeting.

Also, there is an out in the Carlos Hyde contract after one season where there will only be a $2M dead cap hit...this is where you just seamlessly insert Nick Chubb into the Browns lineup as the between the tackles back.

Browns have a bit of a Jaguars type backfield where its clear they overinvested monetarily, but if they aren't going to put any pressure on the QB, you kind of have to. They have a roster that makes Mayfield's (or Tyrod's) job incredibly easy with that OL, that stable of RBs, and that stable of pass catchers.

If the Browns coaches fvck up that situation they have up there, none should ever find work again in football.

Honestly, he's better off not being a "feature back". That's not who he is. The fact that the Browns are committed to him is great.

Would rather see him in NE or KC, but there aren't too many other places where he'd be better off than where he is right now.

That Baker Mayfield pick, and especially how it came about ('hee-hee"), really has me all twisted up, because aside from that pick, the Browns actually seem to be making a lot of really smart personnel moves the last couple years. So, I guess I hope Mayfield works out, in spite of my better judgment, cause they sure are accumulating a lot of Canes and seem to be treating them right.

If Baker Mayfield busts, it will be one of the greater draft mysteries in recent memory. His statistical measures...and not just the raw numbers you see on ESPN, but the advanced metrics that dig deep with ball placement, types of passes thrown, when, etc. essentially break the systems that evaluate QBs. His eyetest evaluation is out of control, as well, if you just focus on what he is doing in that system, which is ready made for today's NFL.

The only things working against him are Big XII QB (none have really succeeded) and that he's 6'0"...

But the metrics and eyetest...he SHOULD be in the Russell Wilson-Drew Brees spectrum. If he's not a successful NFL QB...it'll certain defy a lot of modern evaluation measures with QBs.

On the flip side...if Josh Allen succeeds...it, too, will defy modern evaluation measures.

Completely agree. He’s their best offensive weapon but isn’t treated like it. He’s getting a proven performance escalated salary this year anyway. I would’ve stayed on the rookie contract this final season and became an ufd or demanded a trade earlier
Not when they just picked up Chubb and Hyde. His catch numbers about to get ate up to from Jarvis Landry who catches 5yd routes all day.

Advertisement
The browns are turning into the Redskins 12 years ago. I think the skins had 6 Canes at the most. Sean/Portis/Rumph/Moss/RockyMc/ and someone else.

Weird question, but, assuming the Browns follow suit, which Cane would you want them to draft next year? I'm going with Jaquan Johnson. They need a cerebral Free Safety. Him or G.Willis.

Malik Rosier.
Serious-Face-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-5.gif

If Baker Mayfield busts, it will be one of the greater draft mysteries in recent memory. His statistical measures...and not just the raw numbers you see on ESPN, but the advanced metrics that dig deep with ball placement, types of passes thrown, when, etc. essentially break the systems that evaluate QBs. His eyetest evaluation is out of control, as well, if you just focus on what he is doing in that system, which is ready made for today's NFL.

The only things working against him are Big XII QB (none have really succeeded) and that he's 6'0"...

But the metrics and eyetest...he SHOULD be in the Russell Wilson-Drew Brees spectrum. If he's not a successful NFL QB...it'll certain defy a lot of modern evaluation measures with QBs.

On the flip side...if Josh Allen succeeds...it, too, will defy modern evaluation measures.

Time will tell. Let’s try to remember to hold each other accountable on this one. I just don’t see it.

Advertisement
Back