Duke Johnson in Skill Challenge

Advertisement
Whats funny is that I think that Al Golden does not think that highly of Duke Johnson.

I'll bite. What on Earth would give you that idea?

nothing special really, just the vibe I get from Golden regarding Duke Johnson.

* He's very small (5'-9" 175 lbs) That's very anti-golden.
* He's a Randy commit (dont discount this)
* Golden continued to chase other larger RB recuruits.

Whats funny is that I think that Al Golden does not think that highly of Duke Johnson.

You're a ******. I'm sure Al Golden hates Duke Johnson, I mean...how dare he recruit larger RB's and I'm sure the fact that Randy Shannon liked Duke means that Al can't.

Advertisement
Duke can't be anymore of a die hard for miami, he works hard and doesn't bring any drama. That's exactly what Golden wants

Sf, can't see where you're coming from. From the minute he sets foot on campus, duke will be the best football player al golden has ever been around at any point in his career.

Our depth at RB is pretty poor. We always needed another back with Duke. When you have Duke 100% solid, why chase a similar back? Get the power back to compliment his style.

I like Duke, and you obviously take a kid like that 10 times out of 10 BUT it is hard for me to get full blown hysterical over him because he is not a pro style RB and we run a pro style offense.

he may be a better football player than say Miller as Sr in HS but Miller was/is a physical phenom and prototype NFL RB (physically - and he had great production in HS)

I like Duke but he is not going to step on campus and handle 20 touches a game.

Advertisement

No idea where you are getting that from. Is he only suppose to recruit Duke Johnson at RB? I mean we only have MJ, Clements, DHall on the roster at RB. Its pretty **** thin and I'd hope to **** he is trying to get other RBs in this class.

Duke can't be anymore of a die hard for miami, he works hard and doesn't bring any drama. That's exactly what Golden wants

This.

On top of that, Duke is a football player. He's blue collar for such a talented athlete. When Duke signs and Golden can talk about him, expect to hear "I love his family" and "core values" at least 42 times.

Advertisement
Sf, can't see where you're coming from. From the minute he sets foot on campus, duke will be the best football player al golden has ever been around at any point in his career.

Yeah ya know, it was just kind of a passing thought Ive had a couple of times over the past several months. If this werent the 32nd time I'd discussed something related to Duke Johnson over the past several months it prolly wouldnt have come up. :)

Duke runs exactly like a pro style RB.

I don't know if some of you have actually watched this kid play. He's not a scat back. He's not running a spread option where he gets the ball 7 times a game on runs to the outside.

This kid has it all.

You know how many stud RB's there are in the NFL and in college for that matter that are 5'8/5'9 and 200+ lbs. A **** ton. That's how many.

We still need more RBs though.

If Golden doesn't like Duke cuz of other RB's. I'd hate to hear his thoughts on our WR commits given that we are recruiting about 10 of em.

Our depth at RB is pretty poor. We always needed another back with Duke. When you have Duke 100% solid, why chase a similar back? Get the power back to compliment his style.

Please don't use common sense. Maggot.

Advertisement
I gotta be honest, back when he was first committed I wasnt so hyped on him. His size is definitely reason for intial concern. That being said, what Duke did this whole season is nothing short of eye popping. When you watch him run, he runs like a larger back. He's more physical than most linebackers he goes against, and has anyone EVER seen a stiff arm that is more punishing?

This kid is special. When you break a record set by a 4 time pro-bowler, in a county like Dade I tend to think you have a bright future ahead of you.

Advertisement
Back