Duke Johnson in Skill Challenge

Advertisement
The most hyped recruit in the history of the U. He will not disappoint. Golden loves Duke almost as much as loves his wife.

Duke runs exactly like a pro style RB.

I don't know if some of you have actually watched this kid play. He's not a scat back. He's not running a spread option where he gets the ball 7 times a game on runs to the outside.

This kid has it all.

You know how many stud RB's there are in the NFL and in college for that matter that are 5'8/5'9 and 200+ lbs. A **** ton. That's how many.

We still need more RBs though.

If Golden doesn't like Duke cuz of other RB's. I'd hate to hear his thoughts on our WR commits given that we are recruiting about 10 of em.

problem is that the kid is no where near 200 lbs. and I'm not sure that he has the frame to put on that kind of weight. I've never seen him in person though.

I've said before that if he is 5'8"-5'9" and 190 he could be a monster in college but he probably needs 20 lbs. of good weight

The most hyped recruit in the history of the U. He will not disappoint. Golden loves Duke almost as much as loves his wife.

in the HISTORY OF THE U?? Really? Maybe, but that's some pretty big words. Remember when we annointed Berlin & Wright program saviors? Ryan Moore? DJ Williams? Willie Williams? Armstrong? Arthur or even Bryce (when he was commited to us). We've had some pretty hyped dudes come in here and if you watch and read various media outlets, Duke's not even their No. #1 RB. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. But I just don't think he's our most hyped recruit ever.

Advertisement
who cares about hyp, kid is all CANE and aint a premadonna. He aint playing games with a hat on a table. He is out trying to make our team better.

9.jpg

Warrick Dunn
Height: 5-9 Weight: 187 Age: 37
Born: 1/5/1975 Baton Rouge , LA
College: Florida State
Experience: 12 Seasons

Probably close size-wise. Johnson is a lot more physical than I would have thought earlier.

in the HISTORY OF THE U?? Really? Maybe, but that's some pretty big words. Remember when we annointed Berlin & Wright program saviors? Ryan Moore? DJ Williams? Willie Williams? Armstrong? Arthur or even Bryce (when he was commited to us). We've had some pretty hyped dudes come in here and if you watch and read various media outlets, Duke's not even their No. #1 RB. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. But I just don't think he's our most hyped recruit ever.

Ummmmm, Kyle fuggin Wright???

This kid will be special here. I stated in a previous thread that I thought he ran more physically than L. Miller and I stand behind that comment. The kid knows how to tote the rock and has been our biggest recruiter since he committed.

Advertisement
Ummmmm, Kyle fuggin Wright???
[/QUOTE]

(not thread jacking...just clarifying myself) I'm not saying which all time recruits panned out or didn't pan out...I'm just remembering some of the most hyped recruits UM's had come in. Wright is near the top of a list of most hyped recruits UM has had. (Obviously his play wasn't on par with the hype)

Duke runs more physical than miller right now.

I feel it is important to quote this for emphasis.

It's like night and day comparing the running styles of the two.

that is a very tough statement to validate. it really doesn't even make sense. maybe you are saying that Duke vs HS comp looks more physical than Miller vs D1 CFB competition? perhaps, but we are projecting Duke to CFB. kid is not gonna be trucking any LBs (or S for that matter) at 170 lbs in the ACC

Advertisement
Duke runs more physical than miller right now.

I feel it is important to quote this for emphasis.

It's like night and day comparing the running styles of the two.

that is a very tough statement to validate. it really doesn't even make sense. maybe you are saying that Duke vs HS comp looks more physical than Miller vs D1 CFB competition? perhaps, but we are projecting Duke to CFB. kid is not gonna be trucking any LBs (or S for that matter) at 170 lbs in the ACC

First off, Duke weighs more than 170. Second, comparing their high school tape, Lamar tried to break everything outside (much like what he did here) whereas Duke will actually run inbetween the tackles. Now he's never going to be the most effective between the tackles runner, but he certainly does show a more physical style than Miller.

Tidbit on Duke just to throw out....my younger cousin is his friend and teammate....

*dude doesnt really workout all that much...

* so just imagine when he hits the college program regimine.....

duke is about 170-175pds.

kid is doing this on all raw talent...him in the weightroom gaining ten pds of muscle in the coming yrs will be beastly.

Advertisement
Back