Duke Johnson blown up

wow....yet, we have some guys on here who trash us, REAL FANS, for going in on a guy who doesn't even want to be here in Al Golden, but they trash someone who had an opportunity to go to ANY top university in the nation but chose to come to Miami b/c he's from here and wanted to put the school back on the map.

I'm convinced that 20% on here are not even Cane fans. Those who go to bat for Golden, making up every single excuse for him, but then trash former players who did what they could to win games for us.....yeah, not Cane fans.

Let's be honest, that could've been Adrian Peterson on that play, and I'm more than certain the same fate would've happened. I'm not a homer by any stretch of the imagination, but there's a reason why Josh McCown is a career journeyman. That was a horrible pass and he left Duke out to dry. The DB was missiling down field b/c Josh Zero'd in on Duke and he threw a wabbly lame duck high pass. That was a horrible play. That has nothing to do w/ Duke's skills or his ability.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson was good at Miami but he had some costly fumbles and one of the better offensive lines in the country over the last few years. Just like how brad had costly ints or the dline playing bad, cbs getting beat and linebackers missing tackles. Was he perfect? No,but he was **** good. To be honest Miami had one of the better offensive lines in the country over the past few years statistics show. There won't be much of a dropoff if any all of our top 3 backs averaged over 6 yards per carry....

Telling stat here

[MENTION=6641]David[/MENTION]HaleESPN: Lot of ? about how Oline issues could hurt Kaaya in 2015, but #Miami RBs had 4th-highest rate of yds BEFORE contact in P5 last year, too.

Which means it doesn't matter who is back there we will get production and a high level of it at that position regardless...

Duke Johnson was good at Miami but he had some costly fumbles and one of the better offensive lines in the country over the last few years. Just like how brad had costly ints or the dline playing bad, cbs getting beat and linebackers missing tackles. Was he perfect? No,but he was **** good. To be honest Miami had one of the better offensive lines in the country over the past few years statistics show. There won't be much of a dropoff if any all of our top 3 backs averaged over 6 yards per carry....

Telling stat here

[MENTION=6641]David[/MENTION]HaleESPN: Lot of ? about how Oline issues could hurt Kaaya in 2015, but #Miami RBs had 4th-highest rate of yds BEFORE contact in P5 last year, too.

Which means it doesn't matter who is back there we will get production and a high level of it at that position regardless...

Your posts get more pathetic by the minute. Take a knee, son.

Look at the guys who pump duke up the franchise, the macho's the other porsters. Tell us what big game this guy won. He was a solid running back, but some of y'all are Duke riders and some just purely hating. He was a solid back here no more no less. He may or may not be a solid back in the NFL, but I know if you are always injured you will get labeled in the league especially if you're injured often and early in your career.

I posted about a month ago an analysis of all of our great rb's numbers against FSU back to Edge (since it's a common opponent they all faced) and Duke is our best against them. I think Duke was the only one to break 100 yards against them except Portis maybe. I'd have to look again.

The one thing different between the teams Duke was on and the team's they were on is Duke doesn't have a good defense. hose guys could have an 80 yard game and we'd still be ok. If Duke has an 80 yard game, we are almost guaranteed to lose. It's hard to ask what game did Duke win for us without answering how many games did the defense/coaches/anyone else lose for us. If you can't answer that question first, then don't ask what games Duke won for us, because there is a lot of games that Duke would have won for us if our defense didn't do more to lose it for us.

The defense did enough in the FSU game this year, ill give you braska because we went full ****** there but you cant blame one side for him not putting up the numbers, i also asked about duke is where is his moment against a good team? Thats what ive been referring to with him

You guys are ****ing ridiculous. Kid had 130 yards rushing against the #3 team in the country, but obviously his effort meant nothing. Nevermind the defense giving up 30 points, the coaches calling off the dogs, Kayaa throwing an interception, guys missing key tackles, but you know Duke is the only one who ever cost us a game. Take any one of those 4 issues away and we win that game.

How about the prior FSU game where he rushed for 97 yards, not including the BS run that got called back in which he broke like 3 guys tackling him to break off a 70 yard run, but you know, he never made a big play for us in a big game against a good defense. His stats are so trash against good defenses (oh wait they really aren't since we already covered this in another thread a few weeks back).

What you guys don't realize is one play should not define how good a player is. A good player is one who consistently does well. Based on your standard, Tim Tebow is the greatest player in history, because he always makes the big game winning play even though they were usually losing because of him to begin with. On your standard, their defense did not win them games, only Tebow did, because winning a game is obviously not a team effort.

Again you just bring up one game, a game in which the coaches themselves gave him the ball at every moment in the second half and he didnt do jack, yes the playcalling was a joke but duke didnt step up in that situation and again i still ask ya when did duke have that moment against a good team you have yet to answer that question, all you do is keep falling back to this one game and blame everythingelse

For all the Duke haters how many games do we win without him? 3?

who knows but we certainly lost games because of his fumbles.

Yeah, how dare he let go of the ball as his ankle folded and snapped under 900lbs of linemen. Lol. The other fumbles came as a result of Duke putting forth second and third efforts in an attempt to carry the team on his back. I think I can forgive those.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Telling stat here

I said he was a very good back who happened to have a good offensive line as well. What else you want me to say? Oh wait it doesn't fit the narrative so everything I put in that post was ludicrous to you

Telling stat here

I said he was a very good back who happened to have a good offensive line as well. What else you want me to say? Oh wait it doesn't fit the narrative so everything I put in that post was ludicrous to you

laughing.gif

Look at the guys who pump duke up the franchise, the macho's the other porsters. Tell us what big game this guy won. He was a solid running back, but some of y'all are Duke riders and some just purely hating. He was a solid back here no more no less. He may or may not be a solid back in the NFL, but I know if you are always injured you will get labeled in the league especially if you're injured often and early in your career.

I posted about a month ago an analysis of all of our great rb's numbers against FSU back to Edge (since it's a common opponent they all faced) and Duke is our best against them. I think Duke was the only one to break 100 yards against them except Portis maybe. I'd have to look again.

The one thing different between the teams Duke was on and the team's they were on is Duke doesn't have a good defense. hose guys could have an 80 yard game and we'd still be ok. If Duke has an 80 yard game, we are almost guaranteed to lose. It's hard to ask what game did Duke win for us without answering how many games did the defense/coaches/anyone else lose for us. If you can't answer that question first, then don't ask what games Duke won for us, because there is a lot of games that Duke would have won for us if our defense didn't do more to lose it for us.

The defense did enough in the FSU game this year, ill give you braska because we went full ****** there but you cant blame one side for him not putting up the numbers, i also asked about duke is where is his moment against a good team? Thats what ive been referring to with him

You guys are ****ing ridiculous. Kid had 130 yards rushing against the #3 team in the country, but obviously his effort meant nothing. Nevermind the defense giving up 30 points, the coaches calling off the dogs, Kayaa throwing an interception, guys missing key tackles, but you know Duke is the only one who ever cost us a game. Take any one of those 4 issues away and we win that game.

How about the prior FSU game where he rushed for 97 yards, not including the BS run that got called back in which he broke like 3 guys tackling him to break off a 70 yard run, but you know, he never made a big play for us in a big game against a good defense. His stats are so trash against good defenses (oh wait they really aren't since we already covered this in another thread a few weeks back).

What you guys don't realize is one play should not define how good a player is. A good player is one who consistently does well. Based on your standard, Tim Tebow is the greatest player in history, because he always makes the big game winning play even though they were usually losing because of him to begin with. On your standard, their defense did not win them games, only Tebow did, because winning a game is obviously not a team effort.

Again you just bring up one game, a game in which the coaches themselves gave him the ball at every moment in the second half and he didnt do jack, yes the playcalling was a joke but duke didnt step up in that situation and again i still ask ya when did duke have that moment against a good team you have yet to answer that question, all you do is keep falling back to this one game and blame everythingelse

No, I actually brought up 2 games against the best team we've faced since Golden has been here.

Also, I don't understand where you guys keep thinking Duke Johnson is getting all of these carries. He gets less than 20 carries a game in most games which is not a lot. I gave this analysis already where I broke down the ypc, the carries per game, and showed it against the best opponents we've played. Again, you guys want him to be Tebow or Mike Vick where despite the fact that they suck and are the reason the team is losing, miraculously make a highlight play to come back and win the game at the end. I would much rather have the guy who is consistently good putting up over 5ypc, consistently getting 100+ yard games and continuously keeping us in the game or putting us in a position to win.

From 2014:

Nebraska - 18 attempts - 93 rushing yards; 5 catches - 84 receiving yards
GT - 14 attemps - 100 yards; 3 catches 52 yards
Cincinatti - 10 attempts 162 yards;
VT - 29 attempts - 249 yards
FSU - 27 attempts - 130 yards and this is running into 8 man boxes the entire second half. We let off the gas and FSU sat on our run game.
SCAR - 24 attempts - 132 yards

Duke put up the numbers for us to win the games. He dominated VT and Cincy. What do you want him to do when the coaches give him 14 carries in a loss to GT and 15 in a loss to Virgina.

How do you want him to have big games against top level opponents when we play this sorry *** schedule?

Lets look at a little fact in 2013:

Record in games that Duke played in: 7-1 (he left just before halftime with an injury in a close game which eventually became a blowout by FSU)

Record of games without Duke: 2-3 (all more than 2 TDs).

With exception of the Gator game which was easily one of the top 5 defenses in college that year before the injuries, Duke did not have bad game in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he was Peterson or some legend, but give the kid credit where it's due and stop trying to defend the poor play of others by trying to put the blame on one of the few bright spots we actually had.

What kind of f**ery is this post???

Advertisement

No, I actually brought up 2 games against the best team we've faced since Golden has been here.

Also, I don't understand where you guys keep thinking Duke Johnson is getting all of these carries. He gets less than 20 carries a game in most games which is not a lot. I gave this analysis already where I broke down the ypc, the carries per game, and showed it against the best opponents we've played. Again, you guys want him to be Tebow or Mike Vick where despite the fact that they suck and are the reason the team is losing, miraculously make a highlight play to come back and win the game at the end. I would much rather have the guy who is consistently good putting up over 5ypc, consistently getting 100+ yard games and continuously keeping us in the game or putting us in a position to win.

From 2014:

FSU - 27 attempts - 130 yards and this is running into 8 man boxes the entire second half. We let off the gas and FSU sat on our run game.

Duke put up the numbers for us to win the games. He dominated VT and Cincy. What do you want him to do when the coaches give him 14 carries in a loss to GT and 15 in a loss to Virgina.

How do you want him to have big games against top level opponents when we play this sorry *** schedule?

Record in games that Duke played in: 7-1 (he left just before halftime with an injury in a close game which eventually became a blowout by FSU)

With exception of the Gator game which was easily one of the top 5 defenses in college that year before the injuries, Duke did not have bad game in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he was Peterson or some legend, but give the kid credit where it's due and stop trying to defend the poor play of others by trying to put the blame on one of the few bright spots we actually had.

Your making too much sense, my guy. Don't waste your time. These guys will say anything to defend Golden, trust me.

From 2014:

Your making too much sense, my guy. Don't waste your time. These guys will say anything to defend Golden, trust me.

I know, but I can only ignore the ignorance for so long. I just can't help myself sometimes. I hate watching people say something just to say something, while ignoring the obvious facts or context.

From 2014:

I know, but I can only ignore the ignorance for so long. I just can't help myself sometimes. I hate watching people say something just to say something, while ignoring the obvious facts or context.

Dude, I'm known for giving black and white facts...facts that are tangible and real, and I'll still get these "fans" that will try to justify why we're in the state that we're in. I can't believe after a 6-7 season w/ the best team we've had since 2004, in year 4 that these "fans" on here are now blaming Duke Johnson for our failures. Are they kidding?

They talk about him fumbling at crucial times....OK, why don't they talk about how we ranked in the bottom 3rd in our defense causing TO's? Why don't they don't talk bout our defense ranking in the bottom third in sacks? Why don't they talk about our defense ranking bottom third in 3rd and 4th down efficiency? The only reason why Duke's fumbles were costly was b/c the DEFENSE could never get the ball back or get off the field, and we played in a slow, ball controlled offense in which we sucked on 3rd downs.

Let's keep this 100, Duke was THEE best thing for Golden and Kaaya. He did everything for this school and he was the focal point of the offense. Teams sole mission was to stop Duke. He always gave us a chance to win including winning games at the last minute against teams we should stomp mudholes in (see UM v. Wake October 2013) He played against eight man fronts all year and still had his best year, this coming off a crucial leg injury.

Advertisement
yall know scar sucked last yr right? the defense was esp bad

And yet they were one of the best teams on our schedule and we got guys here asking what big game did Duke win for us. Problem is we didn't have a lot of big games so we got guys like you saying it doesn't count when he shows up in our bigger games, because that team wasn't good enough. I see people saying VT sucked, SCAR sucked, Nebraska sucked, etc and yet we still went 6-7.

Can ya'll refute this:

Duke

FUMBLES
SEASONTEAMGFUMBFUMBLOST
2012-13Miami (Fla.)1211
2013-14Miami (Fla.)833
2014-15Miami (Fla.)1333
TOTAL 3377

M. Gordon

FUMBLES
SEASONTEAMGFUMBFUMBLOST
2012-13Wisconsin1410
2013-14Wisconsin1341
2014-15Wisconsin1476
TOTAL 45127

T. Gurley

FUMBLES
SEASONTEAMGFUMBFUMBLOST
2012-13Georgia1421
2013-14Georgia1011
TOTAL 3032

A. Abdullah

FUMBLES
SEASONTEAMGFUMBFUMBLOST
2011-12Nebraska1363
2012-13Nebraska1486
2013-14Nebraska1355
2014-15Nebraska1342
TOTAL 532316

Advertisement

Telling stat here

Flowers gone
Feliciano gone
McDermott gone
Gadbois gone
Walford gone
Running backs running 4.51 or better gone

Lmao yall so cute you need a room lmao, still havent answered my question wheres his moment? Still waiting until you bring it up, can you sit here and say yea he took over that game in the FSU game, and im not putting any blame to him idk why you keep assuming that, i get it trying to spin it to that but it aint that, so all the stats saying this and oh look he had more yards yada yada yada but did he win us a game? Mcgahee won us a game against FSU, edge did it with UCLA, portis with PSU, wheres dukes moment? Yea he did good against FSU and GT but did he take over those games? **** no, so ill still wait here and see if you can actually answer my question

AGAIN NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME ON HIM FOR LAST YEAR

Funny thing is you would still probably say that anyway lmao!

Lmao yall so cute you need a room lmao, still havent answered my question wheres his moment? Still waiting until you bring it up, can you sit here and say yea he took over that game in the FSU game, and im not putting any blame to him idk why you keep assuming that, i get it trying to spin it to that but it aint that, so all the stats saying this and oh look he had more yards yada yada yada but did he win us a game? Mcgahee won us a game against FSU, edge did it with UCLA, portis with PSU, wheres dukes moment? Yea he did good against FSU and GT but did he take over those games? **** no, so ill still wait here and see if you can actually answer my question

AGAIN NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME ON HIM FOR LAST YEAR

Funny thing is you would still probably say that anyway lmao!

You do realize the game you are referring to McGahee had 26 carries for 95 yards 3.7 ypc. Duke had 27 carries for 130 and you said he didn't do jack/step up. So go figure.

Not sure why you have Portis and PSU. Maybe you mean BC.

Very few instances where a RB can put a team on his back, team game.

Not sure why poster like you love propping ****** coaches and dogging our best players. You are a ****** poster

Advertisement
Back