Duke Johnson blown up

Advertisement
Look at the guys who pump duke up the franchise, the macho's the other porsters. Tell us what big game this guy won. He was a solid running back, but some of y'all are Duke riders and some just purely hating. He was a solid back here no more no less. He may or may not be a solid back in the NFL, but I know if you are always injured you will get labeled in the league especially if you're injured often and early in your career.

Look at the guys who pump duke up the franchise, the macho's the other porsters. Tell us what big game this guy won. He was a solid running back, but some of y'all are Duke riders and some just purely hating. He was a solid back here no more no less. He may or may not be a solid back in the NFL, but I know if you are always injured you will get labeled in the league especially if you're injured often and early in your career.

I'm not pumping him up, I'm being fair and objective.

The whole "he didn't do anything against good teams" logic is retarded. Even the greatest RB's in history had poor games against good defenses.

Yall know my stance about duke and his lack of big moments against big teams, the O-linemen thing is a little dumb when he had guys starting in the NFL blocking for him but lets get back to the convo about duke going to probably the worst team for him to go to in cleveland, i really feel for him there that team is a black hole, i feel sorry for the fans because the browns do deserve a good team, imagine if duke was drafted by belicheck or kelly he would light up the NFL, instead he gets drafted by cleveland and their crappy offense

It's not about just the O-line, it's about the fact that we got our asses kicked up front, physically and schematically.

That boy Coley was calling zone running plays into 8 and 9 man boxes.

Advertisement
Duke went for over 1600 yds at almost 7 yds a carry. The only defensive front that kicked our *** was Louisville.

I'm not pumping him up, I'm being fair and objective.

The whole "he didn't do anything against good teams" logic is retarded. Even the greatest RB's in history had poor games against good defenses.

That might be why they're good defenses. They don't get gashed on the ground.

Every RB who has ever put up big numbers put a lot of those numbers up on average or poor defenses. That's just how it goes. This fallacy that Duke was unique in that he didn't hang 250 on FSU every time we played them is a smoke screen generated by the guys claiming the players are killing Folden.

Pretty obvious a few posters are still in their feelings about Dukes moms comments. Now they wanna rewrite UM record books. Simpletons.

Duke is a baller. I'll take the word of every former Cane great on that.

Last edited:
Yall know my stance about duke and his lack of big moments against big teams, the O-linemen thing is a little dumb when he had guys starting in the NFL blocking for him but lets get back to the convo about duke going to probably the worst team for him to go to in cleveland, i really feel for him there that team is a black hole, i feel sorry for the fans because the browns do deserve a good team, imagine if duke was drafted by belicheck or kelly he would light up the NFL, instead he gets drafted by cleveland and their crappy offense

It's not about just the O-line, it's about the fact that we got our asses kicked up front, physically and schematically.

That boy Coley was calling zone running plays into 8 and 9 man boxes.

I agree with that but there were still times we stopped zone blocking and he still didnt get by or was taken down easy, my only knock on him his whole career was his lacking of big game, i blame coley 100% for that FSU game

Advertisement
When i saw he was drafted by cleveland i knew he was ****ed. He needed a better chance than cleveland, i hoped he would go to dallas i feel that line would have him his best shot. Get well soon.

Duke played for a HC who never won a big game so how could Duke? THE U has apparently never had a solid back before because this one broke about every one of their records. I am old an maybe my memory is weak, but I could swear we had a couple above average backs. The only was Duke could have WON a big game was if he coached the defense between offensive series.

I posted about a month ago an analysis of all of our great rb's numbers against FSU back to Edge (since it's a common opponent they all faced) and Duke is our best against them. I think Duke was the only one to break 100 yards against them except Portis maybe. I'd have to look again.

The one thing different between the teams Duke was on and the team's they were on is Duke doesn't have a good defense. hose guys could have an 80 yard game and we'd still be ok. If Duke has an 80 yard game, we are almost guaranteed to lose. It's hard to ask what game did Duke win for us without answering how many games did the defense/coaches/anyone else lose for us. If you can't answer that question first, then don't ask what games Duke won for us, because there is a lot of games that Duke would have won for us if our defense didn't do more to lose it for us.

Advertisement

I posted about a month ago an analysis of all of our great rb's numbers against FSU back to Edge (since it's a common opponent they all faced) and Duke is our best against them. I think Duke was the only one to break 100 yards against them except Portis maybe. I'd have to look again.

The one thing different between the teams Duke was on and the team's they were on is Duke doesn't have a good defense. hose guys could have an 80 yard game and we'd still be ok. If Duke has an 80 yard game, we are almost guaranteed to lose. It's hard to ask what game did Duke win for us without answering how many games did the defense/coaches/anyone else lose for us. If you can't answer that question first, then don't ask what games Duke won for us, because there is a lot of games that Duke would have won for us if our defense didn't do more to lose it for us.

The defense did enough in the FSU game this year, ill give you braska because we went full ****** there but you cant blame one side for him not putting up the numbers, i also asked about duke is where is his moment against a good team? Thats what ive been referring to with him

anyone criticizing what Duke did at Miami (we are no longer the "U") needs to take AG cak out of either their mouth or ars.

Go fuggin die u P'sOS! your criticize one of the greatest backs to ever come thru miami yet quick to defend any criticism of AG.
Bu but but...you are the "real fans" ............fug off "meat" me somewhere

Advertisement
Duke was a great back but he had key fumbles in big games last season. He wasnt in the last series against FSU because he was hurt. Great kid-lots of talent and a big heart. Hate to see him get hurt again.

The defense did enough in the FSU game this year, ill give you braska because we went full ****** there but you cant blame one side for him not putting up the numbers, i also asked about duke is where is his moment against a good team? Thats what ive been referring to with him

You guys are ******* ridiculous. Kid had 130 yards rushing against the #3 team in the country, but obviously his effort meant nothing. Nevermind the defense giving up 30 points, the coaches calling off the dogs, Kayaa throwing an interception, guys missing key tackles, but you know Duke is the only one who ever cost us a game. Take any one of those 4 issues away and we win that game.

How about the prior FSU game where he rushed for 97 yards, not including the BS run that got called back in which he broke like 3 guys tackling him to break off a 70 yard run, but you know, he never made a big play for us in a big game against a good defense. His stats are so trash against good defenses (oh wait they really aren't since we already covered this in another thread a few weeks back).

What you guys don't realize is one play should not define how good a player is. A good player is one who consistently does well. Based on your standard, Tim Tebow is the greatest player in history, because he always makes the big game winning play even though they were usually losing because of him to begin with. On your standard, their defense did not win them games, only Tebow did, because winning a game is obviously not a team effort.

No Duke Johnson slander can live. Duke has been the man since his freshman year. The fumbles are definitely saddening, and can be the only hate on Duke, but I attribute that to the team's unluckiness. Hope he has a big game asap and the durability issues come to rest. Keep Ballin Duuuuuuuuuuuke

I'll take a whole backfield of Duke Johnsons over the **** we have on our team any day of the week. Dude was a baller. Came back from a horrendous ankle break less than a year after the injury and ran with purpose. He ran hard against all teams. Even with a ****** offensive line. Dude often had to manufacture his yards because he'd have 2-4 guys in the backfield as soon as he touched the ball. Teams would game plan around stopping Duke.

Dude was a stud. Yall will see this year when teams laugh at our running game and Kayaa stuggles.

Advertisement
Back