Duke Johnson blown up

Duke Johnson was good at Miami but he had some costly fumbles and one of the better offensive lines in the country over the last few years. Just like how brad had costly ints or the dline playing bad, cbs getting beat and linebackers missing tackles. Was he perfect? No,but he was **** good. To be honest Miami had one of the better offensive lines in the country over the past few years statistics show. There won't be much of a dropoff if any all of our top 3 backs averaged over 6 yards per carry....

Telling stat here

[MENTION=6641]David[/MENTION]HaleESPN: Lot of ? about how Oline issues could hurt Kaaya in 2015, but #Miami RBs had 4th-highest rate of yds BEFORE contact in P5 last year, too.

Which means it doesn't matter who is back there we will get production and a high level of it at that position regardless...

Flowers gone
Feliciano gone
McDermott gone
Gadbois gone
Walford gone
Running backs running 4.51 or better gone

Walford was not even the best blocking tight end on the team, dobard was. Linder, darling, isadora all started last year and McDermott was on his way to starting before his injury. So that gives us almost 4 lineman with starting experience which is good

Advertisement
Duke Johnson was good at Miami but he had some costly fumbles and one of the better offensive lines in the country over the last few years. Just like how brad had costly ints or the dline playing bad, cbs getting beat and linebackers missing tackles. Was he perfect? No,but he was **** good. To be honest Miami had one of the better offensive lines in the country over the past few years statistics show. There won't be much of a dropoff if any all of our top 3 backs averaged over 6 yards per carry....

Telling stat here

[MENTION=6641]David[/MENTION]HaleESPN: Lot of ? about how Oline issues could hurt Kaaya in 2015, but #Miami RBs had 4th-highest rate of yds BEFORE contact in P5 last year, too.

Which means it doesn't matter who is back there we will get production and a high level of it at that position regardless...

Flowers gone
Feliciano gone
McDermott gone
Gadbois gone
Walford gone
Running backs running 4.51 or better gone

Walford was not even the best blocking tight end on the team, dobard was. Linder, darling, isadora all started last year and McDermott was on his way to starting before his injury. So that gives us almost 4 lineman with starting experience which is good

School'em Broke. Potato Logic! Al couldn't win with those kids (i.e. 7 draft picks) so this is going to be good for ALbort.

Lmao yall so cute you need a room lmao, still havent answered my question wheres his moment? Still waiting until you bring it up, can you sit here and say yea he took over that game in the FSU game, and im not putting any blame to him idk why you keep assuming that, i get it trying to spin it to that but it aint that, so all the stats saying this and oh look he had more yards yada yada yada but did he win us a game? Mcgahee won us a game against FSU, edge did it with UCLA, portis with PSU, wheres dukes moment? Yea he did good against FSU and GT but did he take over those games? **** no, so ill still wait here and see if you can actually answer my question

AGAIN NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME ON HIM FOR LAST YEAR

Funny thing is you would still probably say that anyway lmao!

You do realize the game you are referring to McGahee had 26 carries for 95 yards 3.7 ypc. Duke had 27 carries for 130 and you said he didn't do jack/step up. So go figure.

Not sure why you have Portis and PSU. Maybe you mean BC.

Very few instances where a RB can put a team on his back, team game.

Not sure why poster like you love propping ****ty coaches and dogging our best players. You are a ****ty poster

Well mcgahee caught a screen pass for 75 yards that won us the game and broke a ton of tackles did duke do that? Lol i love it you all in the other thread said the stats are decieving and come back with stats lmao, hypocrites, and portis thrashed a good PSU team in their new stadium, had a good BC game but that one was all about ed reed, good job trying to counter without actually watching the game, still waiting for his moment

AND YOU BROUGHT UP THE COACHES WHEN I EMPHASIZED I WASNT

Lmao maybe you should actually read posts before replying buddy especailly the parts that are capitalized lmao

Last edited:
I posted about a month ago an analysis of all of our great rb's numbers against FSU back to Edge (since it's a common opponent they all faced) and Duke is our best against them. I think Duke was the only one to break 100 yards against them except Portis maybe. I'd have to look again.

The one thing different between the teams Duke was on and the team's they were on is Duke doesn't have a good defense. hose guys could have an 80 yard game and we'd still be ok. If Duke has an 80 yard game, we are almost guaranteed to lose. It's hard to ask what game did Duke win for us without answering how many games did the defense/coaches/anyone else lose for us. If you can't answer that question first, then don't ask what games Duke won for us, because there is a lot of games that Duke would have won for us if our defense didn't do more to lose it for us.

The defense did enough in the FSU game this year, ill give you braska because we went full ****** there but you cant blame one side for him not putting up the numbers, i also asked about duke is where is his moment against a good team? Thats what ive been referring to with him

You guys are ****ing ridiculous. Kid had 130 yards rushing against the #3 team in the country, but obviously his effort meant nothing. Nevermind the defense giving up 30 points, the coaches calling off the dogs, Kayaa throwing an interception, guys missing key tackles, but you know Duke is the only one who ever cost us a game. Take any one of those 4 issues away and we win that game.

How about the prior FSU game where he rushed for 97 yards, not including the BS run that got called back in which he broke like 3 guys tackling him to break off a 70 yard run, but you know, he never made a big play for us in a big game against a good defense. His stats are so trash against good defenses (oh wait they really aren't since we already covered this in another thread a few weeks back).

What you guys don't realize is one play should not define how good a player is. A good player is one who consistently does well. Based on your standard, Tim Tebow is the greatest player in history, because he always makes the big game winning play even though they were usually losing because of him to begin with. On your standard, their defense did not win them games, only Tebow did, because winning a game is obviously not a team effort.

Again you just bring up one game, a game in which the coaches themselves gave him the ball at every moment in the second half and he didnt do jack, yes the playcalling was a joke but duke didnt step up in that situation and again i still ask ya when did duke have that moment against a good team you have yet to answer that question, all you do is keep falling back to this one game and blame everythingelse

No, I actually brought up 2 games against the best team we've faced since Golden has been here.

Also, I don't understand where you guys keep thinking Duke Johnson is getting all of these carries. He gets less than 20 carries a game in most games which is not a lot. I gave this analysis already where I broke down the ypc, the carries per game, and showed it against the best opponents we've played. Again, you guys want him to be Tebow or Mike Vick where despite the fact that they suck and are the reason the team is losing, miraculously make a highlight play to come back and win the game at the end. I would much rather have the guy who is consistently good putting up over 5ypc, consistently getting 100+ yard games and continuously keeping us in the game or putting us in a position to win.

From 2014:

Nebraska - 18 attempts - 93 rushing yards; 5 catches - 84 receiving yards
GT - 14 attemps - 100 yards; 3 catches 52 yards
Cincinatti - 10 attempts 162 yards;
VT - 29 attempts - 249 yards
FSU - 27 attempts - 130 yards and this is running into 8 man boxes the entire second half. We let off the gas and FSU sat on our run game.
SCAR - 24 attempts - 132 yards

Duke put up the numbers for us to win the games. He dominated VT and Cincy. What do you want him to do when the coaches give him 14 carries in a loss to GT and 15 in a loss to Virgina.

How do you want him to have big games against top level opponents when we play this sorry *** schedule?

Lets look at a little fact in 2013:

Record in games that Duke played in: 7-1 (he left just before halftime with an injury in a close game which eventually became a blowout by FSU)

Record of games without Duke: 2-3 (all more than 2 TDs).

With exception of the Gator game which was easily one of the top 5 defenses in college that year before the injuries, Duke did not have bad game in the last 2 years. I'm not saying he was Peterson or some legend, but give the kid credit where it's due and stop trying to defend the poor play of others by trying to put the blame on one of the few bright spots we actually had.

Thread should be over after this post IMO.

Advertisement
Back