Duke Johnson Appreciation Post

Advertisement
His Junior season was special.

The Duke game, the Cincinnati game, @ Va Tech, vs UNC & FSU were all ones for the ages.

I was actually at the Va Tech game where him & Gus ran it all over them, Duke was a pure beast man.

I hate that he had to play for a Corch like Folden but I appreciate that he stayed home & put on for his city.

One of the best people off the field as well as on the field to come through the program over these last few years.

Advertisement
in 2013 before he got injured vs FSU, I think he was going to make a run for 2,000 yards rushing.

I maintain if he plays, UM wins at least another game or two that season
Miami definitely beats Va Tech and Duke so yes they finish 11-1 and are playing FSU again for the ACC ship.

Advertisement
Miami definitely beats Va Tech and Duke so yes they finish 11-1 and are playing FSU again for the ACC ship.

I was at the Golovkin-Curtis Stevens fight that night at MSG, so I had to leave right after Devonta Freeman hit that screen for a TD to put FSU up 28-14. I got the sense it was the Noles night, so I headed to the fight. About 45 minutes later I see on Twitter that Duke got hurt

honestly, that injury to me felt worst than the loss itself.

Arguably a top 6 back in UM history. So sad we didn't put his talent on the national platform that his it deserved.

Arguably top 6? He was game changer in any era at the U..imo it’s
1. Edge
2. Duke
3. Willis
4. Gore
5. Portis/ ottis

if gore was healthy he’s 2 ahead of Duke and Willis imo..I got Duke so high because if you give Duke the lines and talent around that position from 99-03 I think he goes even crazier while at the..just basing this list on what they did on the collegiate level..Duke came in as freshman and lit it up. His sophomore campaign was on pace to be historic until cut short..his junior year he had to get it back and wasn’t himself for the first couple games and still balled

I was at the Golovkin-Curtis Stevens fight that night at MSG, so I had to leave right after Devonta Freeman hit that screen for a TD to put FSU up 28-14. I got the sense it was the Noles night, so I headed to the fight. About 45 minutes later I see on Twitter that Duke got hurt

I think what hurt more was knowing that was probably the last time we would get to see him in a Canes uniform.

Advertisement

Them ***ers were twisting his ankle under piles that year and the next year also

Advertisement
Arguably top 6? He was game changer in any era at the U..imo it’s
1. Edge
2. Duke
3. Willis
4. Gore
5. Portis/ ottis

if gore was healthy he’s 2 ahead of Duke and Willis imo..I got Duke so high because if you give Duke the lines and talent around that position from 99-03 I think he goes even crazier while at the..just basing this list on what they did on the collegiate level..Duke came in as freshman and lit it up. His sophomore campaign was on pace to be historic until cut short..his junior year he had to get it back and wasn’t himself for the first couple games and still balled

Willis had the greatest Canes RB season ever, can't put him below duke

Advertisement
Back