Duke Johnson 4 TDs

Advertisement
The kid is consistently having monster games regardless of opponent. Real deal. Best RB in years.

One poster on canestime posted that Duke Johnson has 32 carries tonite.

That seems kind of excessive to me. I think the average high school game only has like 55 offensive plays.

nah brah, its playoff time. Duke rarely carries the ball more than 25 times during the regular season. You get to this point of the year you have to ride your best players, and its high school dude he is at most 18, he aint gonna breakdown. He dont turn 30 for over another decade. I dont know a coach that says "oh my star rb got 30 carries in the playoffs let me stop giving him the ball"

Wow, dude is a monster. Can't wait to see him play next season. Wasn't he going to EE? It's a shame we won't have him on campus until summer if so. Shannon was the only guy worried about players getting worn down. Kid is in HS let him tote the rock.

Reminds me a bit of Rainey. Except Duke appears to have a much thicker build at this point and Rainey has him in the speed and elusiveness department.

Advertisement
Reminds me a bit of Rainey. Except Duke appears to have a much thicker build at this point and Rainey has him in the speed and elusiveness department.
agreed but Duke has better change of direction ability and is bigger and stronger in high school but rainey is faster and more elusive

Advertisement
Was talking to someone and this was bought up, if Duke goes to oregon is there ANY doubt they could use his talent and put him in a position to succeed? Of course not, but with us in a pro style you still have that doubt about will his talent transfer over. Mind you I think he will ball but just something interesting to think about

Advertisement
Don't know who gave you that intel ,but it's not accurate. GC has lost a few times at home in the last 10 years, mostly playoff games.....been there to witness some of them...
266 yards. GC's first home loss in ten years.

They were saying it on Twitter, but I'll take your word for it. The Sun Sentinel says it's their second home playoff loss since 1997.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...minique-gibson-william-likley-norland-offense

Was talking to someone and this was bought up, if Duke goes to oregon is there ANY doubt they could use his talent and put him in a position to succeed? Of course not, but with us in a pro style you still have that doubt about will his talent transfer over. Mind you I think he will ball but just something interesting to think about

Fisch is an NFL OC. He's not just gonna line Duke up in the I-Formation and run power football with him. He's gonna run tosses, screens, put Duke in the slot, flex him out wide and put him in an a position to get the ball all over the field. Dude will be put all over the field and create mismatches.

And honestly, I rarely see LaMichael James flexed out wide in Oregon's offense. Usually he's just running the read option with Thomas and maybe a screen mixed in.

Advertisement

Fisch is an NFL OC. He's not just gonna line Duke up in the I-Formation and run power football with him. He's gonna run tosses, screens, put Duke in the slot, flex him out wide and put him in an a position to get the ball all over the field. Dude will be put all over the field and create mismatches.

And honestly, I rarely see LaMichael James flexed out wide in Oregon's offense. Usually he's just running the read option with Thomas and maybe a screen mixed in.

Yea I agree and to be honest I dont think we'll see Duke carry the ball a lot during his freshman year... I can see him with a good amount of touches from KR, PR, receptions and between 6-8 carries a game... The kid has the mindset and skills to contribute right away but he has to put on weight sort of like Deanthony Thomas at Oregon...

Didn't Glades Central have a few players suspended? There was an article in the Palm Beach Post about it. Something about them running a train on some girl in a school bathroom.

I believe they were suspended for two games, and we're back for is one.

Yea I agree and to be honest I dont think we'll see Duke carry the ball a lot during his freshman year... I can see him with a good amount of touches from KR, PR, receptions and between 6-8 carries a game... The kid has the mindset and skills to contribute right away but he has to put on weight sort of like Deanthony Thomas at Oregon...

Dude DUke is much bigger and stronger then deanthony you can look at that video and see. His lower body is very thick, his upper body not so much

Dude DUke is much bigger and stronger then deanthony you can look at that video and see. His lower body is very thick, his upper body not so much

Thats the whole point, Deanthony is maybe 170, and he has made an impact for Oregon. For us he would be redshirting, I just want to see this kid on the field next year. He is an impact player

Advertisement
Back