Duke and McDermott know

Advertisement
They're leaving why would they care what they say. They're not saying anything ground breaking. You would have to be a Moran to not have assumed what they said anyway

For once and for all it's M-O-R-O-N people.

I thought it was maroon?

That's all folks.

Maroon is the color of a marooned moron.

It's a Bugs Bunny reference. You have to be old enough, I guess.

Like this clip

Advertisement
They weren't blaming the coaches and thats not what they were saying. Stop it.

It wasn't the talent level, therefore it must have been __________. It seems it was left intentionally ambiguous, and that there are only a few things that make sense in the blank. All of those things fall back on the coaches.

In the past I don't think either player would have even strayed this far from the party line [into a grey area], so i find it interesting.

Just b/c the talent is there, doesn't mean they always played to their talent level. Sometimes it was coaching, sometimes it was the players. They weren't blaming or calling out coaches. Not in the paper. Stop it.

Duke hates Folden. So do a few other of our top players. I know that as fact. You can choose to believe the truth or ignore it.

These dudes know all the talent was wasted by this **** staff no matter what they choose to say to the press.

Advertisement
I think our fans read way too much into comments that are almost always taken out of context. Not every off-hand comment is a key to the Rosetta Stone.

Just b/c the talent is there, doesn't mean they always played to their talent level. Sometimes it was coaching, sometimes it was the players. They weren't blaming or calling out coaches. Not in the paper. Stop it.
They would have said so. We've seen players take the blame multiple times saying things like we didn't execute or we didn't do what we were supposed to do. They didn't say that. They left it vague cause they know, we know and all of college football know it's the coaches

Advertisement
Tracy has underschieved, same can be said for stacy both were highly touted kids out of high school, last year they both killed it for us, this year they have done jack sh¡t, BUT we have had some kids step up, artie, corn, zel, walford, dorsett, even kirby has stepped up for us, so yea some have underachieved but there are more kids over achieving and busting their asses

Duke hates Folden. So do a few other of our top players. I know that as fact. You can choose to believe the truth or ignore it.

These dudes know all the talent was wasted by this **** staff no matter what they choose to say to the press.
I believe it and should make going into next season quite entertaining as we will be having this same exact discussion next year.

Coaching has been bad yes, but the players have underachieved, golden still needs to go

Players underachieve BECAUSE of corching. That's exactly why corches get fired. They don't get fired when they get everything possible out of their players.

I agree chise, i was speaking of some kids have underachieved but only a couple of kids, we had more kids bust their asses this year and put up numbers and we still have the same record thats on coaching, was just saying some kids have underachieved but kids in their same position have done better, thats not on coaching, but the reason our record is what it is, is because of the coaching

Advertisement
Player's know when their coaches are incompetent.

Whether they do or not, that is a huge indictment on the coaching staff and it needed desperately to be said. Sure, no direct throwing of the staff under the bus, but it is crystal clear from those statements where the problem lies...

UM

We need to stop looking for any little statement we can twist into a scenario where the player (or player's parent) is throwing a corch under the bus. It hasn't happened and it won't.

Us believing that players didn't perform to their talent levels due to corching isn't the same as a player saying they didn't play up to their potential. These kids aren't being nuanced with their comments so as to leave that doorway of interpretation just cracked enough so the public can be left to decipher what they really mean. These are two kids basically blaming themselves yet again- right or wrong.

Coaching has been bad yes, but the players have underachieved, golden still needs to go

Players underachieve BECAUSE of corching. That's exactly why corches get fired. They don't get fired when they get everything possible out of their players.

I agree chise, i was speaking of some kids have underachieved but only a couple of kids, we had more kids bust their asses this year and put up numbers and we still have the same record thats on coaching, was just saying some kids have underachieved but kids in their same position have done better, thats not on coaching, but the reason our record is what it is, is because of the coaching

If the majority of players were busting *** and playing to their highest level we wouldn't have 5 losses. They're not.

Folden is wholly inadequate at his most important job as a HC--setting the tone and tempo for his program and getting the most out of his players by constantly pushing the right buttons. Instead of pushing the right buttons and having his guys playing at their peak, we hear him crying about how today's players are all or nothing guys. He's a passive victim.

Advertisement
Back