Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

So, wait, they staged that entire thing?

Between the dark setting, the small number of "fans" shown, the Hollywood film multi-angle production values, and the obviously-planted "We Love Manny" sign, that clip just reeks of desperation.

They must have filmed that before the Charlotte game, right? Because it sure as **** didn't happen DURING the Charlotte game.

What a joke.

Advertisement
Saw his presser 🤮 same ole DB. Guy is a total fraud and still not HC material.

I’m sure the Duke admin ate it up. I give manny credit, he talks well and says all the right things and I imagine the admin and AD couldn’t believe their luck especially bc his last name is Diaz.

Regardless, I wonder who he’ll pick for OC. My guess is that he’ll go the uptempo/spread approach bc he had good luck with lashlee. If so, you can bet TVD/restrepo will be the first dudes he calls.

I’m sure the Duke admin ate it up. I give manny credit, he talks well and says all the right things and I imagine the admin and AD couldn’t believe their luck especially bc his last name is Diaz.

Regardless, I wonder who he’ll pick for OC. My guess is that he’ll go the uptempo/spread approach bc he had good luck with lashlee. If so, you can bet TVD/restrepo will be the first dudes he calls.

Good (potential) call.

You know, a prominent poster was banned from this site for lying about fake homosexual come-ons in his direct messages.

We can let the moderators sort this out.

@RVACane
@JD08
@Brains
@Canes2082
@No_Fly_Zone
@AtlAtty
Rachael Harris Popcorn GIF by Lucifer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, well yeah. I'm not talking about his feelings, it hurt his development as a coach. Why Duke is showing this level of desperation is beyond me.

I'm old enough to remember Manny Diaz as a young ESPN reporter before he got into coaching.
I recall him being on the Tony Kornheiser Show with the host and sidekick Michael Wilbon gushing
over him having a future in sports media.
I mention this as a possible hint that he's probably good at interviews with coaches and ADs.
Just a thought.

I'm old enough to remember Manny Diaz as a young ESPN reporter before he got into coaching.
I recall him being on the Tony Kornheiser Show with the host and sidekick Michael Wilbon gushing
I mention this as a possible hint that he's probably good at interviews with coaches and ADs.
Just a thought.

I fell for the same trap. When he was first hired as DC here, I heard him speak at a presser and remember thinking “impressive coach - HC material”. Just goes to show - you can say the right things but executing it is a whole different ballgame.

Just a thought.
You are probably correct here, he knows the right things to say. Kind of like politicians, kind of like his dad.

Advertisement
I hope he does well, but if I’m an FSU grad who pretends to be smarter than he actually is, I probably stay the **** away from Duke

Advertisement
Just a thought.
Wow I didn't know that... I used to watch that all the time.. I guess if Manny was there I never payed any mind to it... Lol

Just a thought.

You're ignoring the obvious ESPN-goldmine show...

Holtz & Diaz - Outthide the Lineth

Advertisement
Back