Tears Duck Tears

Man, we had folks vouching for Diaz to stay here, & low key still caping for that dude, & of course the Choo-Choo Lane Train. Had ppl in here including FIU records & chit to justify him not coming. Lol
While Lane record in college isn’t that great his best was last year and his bama job that anyone can do with that talent. The Diaz people shouldn’t be allowed to post here 100

Advertisement
There were a few Manny apologists. They’re known and minimized themselves. There were some Lane Train guys for certain. The most anti-Mario for HC stuff was when they hired Diaz I thought???

No, no friend. In fact @Eric The Midget had to create a thread entitled:

“The fact (that so many **** on a coach like Mario shows how entitled and spoiled you are)”

Oh yes, my friend. I was on ground zero where I had to go back & forth w/ various posters chitting on Mario. Oh yeah, boss; we had several, MULTIPLE posters clowning Mario after losing to Stanford, & Utah…while openly rooting for Utah to beat UO in the title game just to say “I told u so.”

Again, won’t say the names, but Rellyrell remembers. The internet remembers, & so do I. That’s y it’s hilarious to see the Duck tears. Lol. Like I said b4, UO have zero beef w/ us. There’s a couple of racist/a-hole pricks that speak out their ***, but 97% of their fans care about UO only, while hating SC, Beavers, & UDub (especially after UDub went to Adidas, & the chit they talked).

Folks, UO went into an essential home game against UGA, u know, the defending Nat’l Champs, w/ an intact O roster, coaching staff sans Lanning & a roster composed of the #2, #1, #3, & #3 ranked recruiting classes.

They had zero shot of winning, especially when their starting QB is Bo Nix. Bo was a lifetime AU fan, spoke becoming an AU QB to existence, & failed miserably. He’s to UGA as Rix was to us.

The fact is, UO roster is not remotely on UGA’s level. The roster is on the middling PAC-12 level. Lanning is a brand new coach that lost some playmakers on both sides. Mario had the #8, #14, #7, & when he left, UO’s ‘22 class slipped to #16. Again, certainly not on UGA’s level.

But the ? about does facilities matter: lol. I’m pretty sure even though UO doesn’t have a natty to speak of, they’ve played in a couple of those games & their trophy case of prestigious bowl games (NY6), & Conference Titles chits on any team not named UGA, Bama, LSU, Clemson, UO or OSU since 2010.

Really not sure why this board is obsessed w/ UO; half of ya’ll ninjas didn’t even want Mario, don’t think I 4got. I’m not talking 2015 Mario, I’m talking this off season Mario.
They got beat like an FCS team.

Georgia is more talented and should have won the game regardless but Oregon got obliterated without even putting up the slightest fight. Georgia was replacing their entire defense and brought back an offense that was missing the two leading rushers that carried them last year.

Georgia Tech played them closer last year than Oregon did. Oregon couldn’t even score garbage time points when Georgia emptied their bench

26EEAA07-41BF-4059-8899-AA66A2B37D9C.jpeg

Advertisement
I hated Lane I wanted freeze but did my research and flipped and threw the freeze hat to the ground. I did some popo ****
I wanted Freeze but I knew there was no chance so I’m pretty sure I go with the Mario brigade. I wasn’t in favor of Lane but I felt he was still an upgrade to what we had but you convinced me he couldn’t recruit the way we need.

I wanted Freeze but I knew there was no chance so I’m pretty sure I go with the Mario brigade. I wasn’t in favor of Lane but I felt he was still an upgrade to what we had but you convinced me he couldn’t recruit the way we need.
There was a small contingency who were really on the Lane Train at first but even most of them jumped on board when it became pretty clear Mario was the guy.

I personally only remember one guy who was still supporting Manny last off season and I’m like 50% sure that guy was a troll. Or possibly mentally handicapped because his posts were nonsensical.

Advertisement
Yea he was more a scheme guy.....he wasn’t going to pump out first rounders like OSU bama UGA. The way to win a natty is talent stacked upon talent and Mario knows that and he’s capable of doing that. He’s a people person and understands these kids they gravitate to him

I think their HC is also going to realize how difficult it is to recruit at Oregon especially if there is no NIL deals. (or minimal NIL deals). You gonna have to pay kids to come out there if your not an elite recruiter like Mario. Before Mario got there, Oregon wasnt pumping out top 10 recruiting classes. Mario left them with a top 5 recruiting class before he came to UM and would have probably finished top 3 because he most certainly would have gotten Connerly and a few others.

Oregon fans will realize soon how good they had it with Mario. ESPECIALLY now that USC is basically going to lock down all of California like Pete Carroll did when he was there..so now where is there recruiting base coming from? Going to be a tough road ahead. Especially with USC heading in the direction of being USC again.

Advertisement
Oregon fans:

Mario will never leave us.

Please don’t leave us Mario.

He’s overrated and we upgraded.

This loss is on Mario.
There was a Reddit CFB thread a few days ago I was perusing, and there was a whole chain from Oregon fans about what a terrible coach Mario was and how they were better off now and blablablabla.

Like, the guy took you from Willie f'ing Taggart to a 35-13 record with a PAC-12 championship and a Rose Bowl victory, and they're acting like he sucked and they never wanted him anyway. :ROFLMAO:

a strong team, but a less talented team in Oregon going against a top 2 roster.
all new staff so the systems are new.
on the road in a hostile environment
in a different time zone so likely sleep deprived
bad QB
playing defending champs that are in reload not rebuild mode

I don't know what the spread was but this shouldn't have surprised anyone.

bad QB

I'm not some kind of pundit; but I gave Oregon absolutely NO chance of winning this game. I did not watch the game and I don't know the final score; but I didn't expect anything less than a 3 score spread.

Advertisement
bad QB

I'm not some kind of pundit; but I gave Oregon absolutely NO chance of winning this game. I did not watch the game and I don't know the final score; but I didn't expect anything less than a 3 score spread.
Oregon was getting 16 points. Nobody expected them to win but I don’t think anyone thought they were going to lose by 46

Oregon was getting 16 points. Nobody expected them to win but I don’t think anyone thought they were going to lose by 46
Interesting. Vegas knows their stuff most of the time, but this had all the components I needed to expect an asswhooping, much more than 16 points.

There was a small contingency who were really on the Lane Train at first but even most of them jumped on board when it became pretty clear Mario was the guy.

I personally only remember one guy who was still supporting Manny last off season and I’m like 50% sure that guy was a troll. Or possibly mentally handicapped because his posts were nonsensical.

Yea he was more a scheme guy.....he wasn’t going to pump out first rounders like OSU bama UGA. The way to win a natty is talent stacked upon talent and Mario knows that and he’s capable of doing that. He’s a people person and understands these kids they gravitate to him

I initially had Freeze on top (a pipe dream that I knew UM would never hire), followed by Lane (still probably too wild for UM), and then Mario. At the time, any one of them over Manny and I'd have been happy. I always accepted the fact Lane wasn't anywhere near as good a recruiter as Mario.

But honestly what I hadn't considered was the ******* $$$ and upgrades that would come along with Mario. Looking back, Mario was in the best position demand those changes and had the juice to make some well connected people open up their wallet (and their lifewallets). And Mario + Legit Money is better than any of the other options realistically available at the time.

Advertisement
Back