Tears Duck Tears

Ironically, the Cane fans will rejoice taking a coach that lost to a team twice with playoff implications on the line. Crazy times.
Such a narrow minded post. What coach would qualify? Riley lost to Ok State with "playoffs on the line" Kelly did as well with ND, Bama **** near blew it against Auburn, Mich lost to Mich State, Ohio lost to Oregon THEN to Michigan. So on your logic, the only coach we should rejoice would be Kirby, Saban, or Fickell?

Or do you prefer a coach like Jimbo who lost 4 games so he never had a chance to lose "playoff implications" this is the same type of silly argument people make when they argued Montana was a better QB than Brady because his superbowl record was better. Like wtf, you punish a guy for getting to and losing the toughest game of the year, but dont take into consideration the fact Montana was knocked out of the playoffs in the first round multiple times?

Advertisement
Such a narrow minded post. What coach would qualify? Riley lost to Ok State with "playoffs on the line" Kelly did as well with ND, Bama **** near blew it against Auburn, Mich lost to Mich State, Ohio lost to Oregon THEN to Michigan. So on your logic, the only coach we should rejoice would be Kirby, Saban, or Fickell?

Or do you prefer a coach like Jimbo who lost 4 games so he never had a chance to lose "playoff implications" this is the same type of silly argument people make when they argued Montana was a better QB than Brady because his superbowl record was better. Like wtf, you punish a guy for getting to and losing the toughest game of the year, but dont take into consideration the fact Montana was knocked out of the playoffs in the first round multiple times?
Narrow minded? I am not against Mario, it will be interesting to see the reactions if Oregon loses. Their fans will want him gone and our fans will claim victory if he becomes our coach. Pretty interesting dynamic if you ask me.

I heard from a reliable source that tonight there’ll be a trade sending pope,Wiggins and gaynor to Oregon for Mario

Last edited:
I heard from a reliable source that tonight there’ll be a trade sending pope,Wiggins and *** or to Oregon for mario
Think we should demand a couple firsts, cash compensation, and a player to be named later.

Advertisement
km_20211203_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hear me out on this and let me know what you think.

I don't fully agree that modern day teams need to have the best local recruits stay home. Does it help? Absolutely! But, that doesn't happen as much today. Miami was able to capitalize on it back in the 80s and 90s before the internet and social media was really a thing. Showing out for you city meant something back then. Today? That's towards the bottom of the list of things that important to recruits. It's more of the cherry on top but some people hate cherries so they will decline one if given the choice.

How many top rated kids today grow up in Miami, root for Miami since the age of 4, and then go to Georgia, LSU, OSU, Alabama, etc? Also, how many kids grow up in Miami, root for FSPoo or Gaytor since the age of 4, and then go to Georgia, Oklahoma, OSU, Alabama, etc? Playing for the team you grew up watching is usually whoever was/is dominate at the time you were easily influenced as a kid and then is still relevant today. Another crazy thing, the class of '22 and '23 (born in what? ~05-07?) has never seen Miami be anything other than absolutely mediocre IN THEIR LIVES.

Today, top rated kids will go to the schools with the best facilities, willing to pay them the most, and put them in the best position to continue to the NFL. Basically money, coaching, and the ability to compete at a top 10+ program that has a chance of going to the CFP. This is usually in-spite of whoever their 'dream school' growing up was. Their dream school is whoever has the prior mentioned resources at the age of 16-17 when they get those recruiting stars and schools flying out to see them.
We caught lightning in a bottle for 25 years, they had pride in the 305 ,407,an later 561..

Advertisement
Back