Tears Duck Tears

Advertisement
Oregon is a better job
Oregon is a better job in regards to financial resources. That said, Oregon also doesn't have a local recruiting base, you aren't in a football hotbed, and you have to rely on SC being incompetent to really have a chance at blue chip guys in your best recruiting area(California). Miami on the other hand, you have to fight in regards to financial resources, but you have a ton of talent right outside your front door and unlike Oregon, you have something to sell them besides "We have Nike money".

Oregon is great if you want to get paid and be a 10-2,11-1 guy that isn't really in the CFP convo. A good coach at Miami can win titles, plural. Different strokes for different folks.

Where is all this Nike money? Have they signed any of Oregon’s kids to deals yet? If they have I haven’t heard about it. This whole NIL thing isn’t leveling the playing field for anybody. The top .25% of kids will make life changing money. Everybody else will get a little. It’s not stopping the bag schools from dominating And it’s certainly not bringing Oregon up to their level.

So looking at it fairly:

- Both play in a bad conference and divisions
- Miami has a location advantage, recruiting of course included
- Oregon isn’t a rebuild, Miami is
- Oregon has better facilities but Miami is good enough to not lose guys bc of it
- NIL opportunities are essentially even if Nike is signing players. If not Miami wins that

I’m struggling to see how Oregon is a slam dunk better job. It’s better right now bc of Mario. If he did the same at Miami it wouldn’t even be close. At their peaks Miami is three times the job Oregon will ever be or ever has been.
One thing that you should add to the the list is financial commitment to the football program ie staff budget, analysis budget etc. I think they got us there and that's an important one. Any coach that's worth pursuing will look to see see if the support structure is there for them to succeed.
Also on the facilities...it should say "continued commitment to facilities upgrades" that something that never stops.

Advertisement
I dont know the answer to this question but...Is Oregon's BOT better than ours? Then you will know which HC job is better!

Advertisement
One thing that you should add to the the list is financial commitment to the football program ie staff budget, analysis budget etc. I think they got us there and that's an important one. Any coach that's worth pursuing will look to see see if the support structure is there for them to succeed.
Also on the facilities...it should say "continued commitment to facilities upgrades" that something that never stops.
You are correct idk how I forgot I’ve put it on every one of my Mario for HC posts. I’ve said if Mario takes this job it means he got a certain level of commitment from UM. Oregon has the advantage now but it’s not bc Miami can’t match, it’s bc they don’t want too.

They are right, its a better job. That would make it more funny if he comes back here
This can be a better job historically but right now a lot of other jobs are better given that they’re easier in terms of fanbase and Administration. Our fanbase is what it is but if the BOT puts the right AD in place, and the right HC is hired, this job can become premier again.

Advertisement
dude, i am still ******* german, i dont know what the **** humor is

edit: **** only has one t, not two ("write **** that makes sense")
Thank you for allowing us to gaze upon Heidi Klum. Your good in my book, humor or not.

Advertisement
Where is all this Nike money? Have they signed any of Oregon’s kids to deals yet? If they have I haven’t heard about it. This whole NIL thing isn’t leveling the playing field for anybody. The top .25% of kids will make life changing money. Everybody else will get a little. It’s not stopping the bag schools from dominating And it’s certainly not bringing Oregon up to their level.

So looking at it fairly:

- Oregon has better facilities but Miami is good enough to not lose guys bc of it
- NIL opportunities are essentially even if Nike is signing players. If not Miami wins that

I’m struggling to see how Oregon is a slam dunk better job. It’s better right now bc of Mario. If he did the same at Miami it wouldn’t even be close. At their peaks Miami is three times the job Oregon will ever be or ever has been.
Does Mario love UM? Yes! Is he coming home? No, it's a pipe dream!

Do we move this to recruiting or bring the others here? I like my tears to all be in one cup please.

So looking at it fairly:

Miami’s benefit and Oregon’s detriment is location….

Both for recruiting reasons and Mario’s family preferences

Advertisement
Back