TexCane

Sophomore
Name: Elisha Shaw

Hometown/School: Tucker, GA (Tucker)
HT: 6’-4.5” | WT: 295 | 40: na
Season Stats: 28 TCK | 6 SCK
247Sports Composite: Rating: 97 Rank: #2 DT
Scouting Report (s): na
Schools of Interest: (19) Ala., UGA, Aub., FSU, Miami, Ark., KY, UNC, OSU, Ole Miss, OK State, Texas, UF, Clem, and so on…
Leader(s): Ala, UGA
Chance: Fair

UPDATES:

4/24/13: ITU posted an article today on DT Elisha Shaw. Shaw doesn’t know much about Miami, but he knows his idol went there…

“I don’t know anything about Miami except my idol went there,” Shaw said. “Ray Lewis, he goes so hard. You can’t tell him he can’t do something because he’ll prove you wrong. His effort is crazy on the field and off the field.”

Shaw wants to get to know more about and hopes to make a trip to Coral Gable this spring or summer, depending on who can drive him to campus.

Although his numbers are not gaudy, it’s because of his role on defense. His HS eam plays a 3-4 and he responsible for tying up the OL so his linebackers can move in fo the kill.

This first report since his UM offer was better than I expected. We might have a fiar chance.

4/18/13: Miami has offered DT prospect Elisha Shaw from Tucker, Georgia. Shaw is rated 97 and ranks as the #2 DT prospect in the nation by the 247Sports Composite. Elisha stands 6'-5" at 295 lbs. More to come.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Al is gonna offer every DT in the nation. I'm sure Paranos is fapping to this news

Advertisement
I think its pointless to come in late on these kids in SEC country. We gotta get there earlier and we also need some wins. I know its "only" April but in today's recruiting, April is late to offer. Looks like Bama and UGA are all over this kid.

Yeah, I don't expect to get any of these DTs out of SEC country.

None of them are impossible to get especially with our depth in the dline and Shaw in a article said he's trying to visit UM later

No one said it was "impossible" to pull a DT out of SEC country. But it's a longshot at best, particualarly if the SEC schools have already been recruiting the kid for a while. We had all kind of DT depth issues in the last recruiting cycle, and that did not seem to make a difference w/ Hooks and the other highly recruited DTs.

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't expect to get any of these DTs out of SEC country.

None of them are impossible to get especially with our depth in the dline and Shaw in a article said he's trying to visit UM later

No one said it was "impossible" to pull a DT out of SEC country. But it's a longshot at best, particualarly if the SEC schools have already been recruiting the kid for a while. We had all kind of DT depth issues in the last recruiting cycle, and that did not seem to make a difference w/ Hooks and the other highly recruited DTs.

I really don't think Coach Golden and his staff would knowingly waste time on a prospect that they had no chance to land. There must b something, beside talent, that says we have a fair chance. Let's offer and see if we get a good reaction back from him. If not, then we move on. There are 35 kids that we have offered that fall into the "Let's try" category.

I think its pointless to come in late on these kids in SEC country. We gotta get there earlier and we also need some wins. I know its "only" April but in today's recruiting, April is late to offer. Looks like Bama and UGA are all over this kid.

It might be a longshot, but at least they are trying. I dont want to go back to offering WWF rejects who we are stealing from Northern Illinois at the last minute

They all have time they aren't even in their senior years yet

Sometimes kids are just too far behind to catch up. Plus they need to change their work ethic in the classroom to catch up. Gaillard is a no go for UNC because he is just too far behind for their admissions. I have a feeling but not sure Valentine was just too far behind for UF. I hope all three get into a 4 year college but it is something that the coaches monitor and fans need/want to know so they can temper their expectations.

Advertisement

Miami needs to go get on these JUCO DT's early while everybody else s focusing on the high school DT's.

Miami needs to go get on these JUCO DT's early while everybody else s focusing on the high school DT's.

I agree but most of the better juco kids don't get noticed until the season starts..

I agree but most of the better juco kids don't get noticed until the season starts..

That is exactly why I would be contacting these JUCO coaches early talking to them and building relationships with a ton of JUCO DT's kids. Once Miami and the rest of the country realizes who is the best of the bunch Miami already has a relationship with the kids.

Advertisement

Sometimes kids are just too far behind to catch up. Plus they need to change their work ethic in the classroom to catch up. Gaillard is a no go for UNC because he is just too far behind for their admissions. I have a feeling but not sure Valentine was just too far behind for UF. I hope all three get into a 4 year college but it is something that the coaches monitor and fans need/want to know so they can temper their expectations.

Miami being able to have kids take computer classes may be a huge advantage over the SEC. How long until SEC drops this policy?

I would take every super dumb, super talented kid at this position Donna lets me if I'm Golden. They can't ALL fail to qualify, right?

Miami being able to have kids take computer classes may be a huge advantage over the SEC. How long until SEC drops this policy?

I don't think it's computer classes in general it's just they don't allow Math to be taken online or retaken online...

I don't think it's computer classes in general it's just they don't allow Math to be taken online or retaken online...

Correct, my understanding is a Math class has to be taken at a school you are attending not online. Many other oline classes are ok.

On another note I see some people on this site say that Hooks was going to Miami if not Ole Miss. Auburn was actually Hooks first option but he had a class that Auburn wouldn't take but Ole Miss would.

Advertisement
Back