DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get that his stats alone should warrant a stronger rating
They just have no clue on how to rank portal players. The job is either very very easy (such as a caleb williams going in the portal) or **** near impossible. Think of this hypothetical,

Player A is ranked #99 coming out of HS, high 4*
Player B is ranked #100 out of HS say both players are OL

Both players go to comparable schools say one to UNC and the other to NC State.

UNC is so bad on OL that they are forced to play Player A and he sucks as a TF, has tools but struggles all year

NC State is able to redshirt Player B and he doesnt take a snap. Both players enter the portal in winter.

The ranking sites likely tank Player A's ranking because he put out such poor tape and then have nothing to justify tanking Player B's ranking since he really is not that much different from the OL prospect they ranks. How TF do you even rank Player B when these 247 guys arent going to get direct comments from NC State and they were not at practice so wtf do you do?

From his conversation with ON3:

“Really the atmosphere and the coaches are what separated Miami,” “They were real guys, and you can see the culture there, and it was a real environment. They made me feel like I was at home once I stepped foot on campus. It just felt great.”

“I would say my last day there on Wednesday (was when I knew),” Barrow said. “I was thinking hard about it. I had a debrief of the whole visit and was just thinking really hard. A lot of people were talking to me, and in my heart it felt right, but it’s something I had to sit on.”

Barrow said he has built a strong relationship with multiple Hurricanes staff members since entering the transfer portal, but he singled out executive director/football recruiting Stephen Field as someone who played a vital role.

“I would say coach Field,” “That’s my dog, and we really connected, and that’s the type of people I want to be around. The whole coaching staff is amazing, but Coach Field was just a real cool man.”

From his conversation with ON3:

“Really the atmosphere and the coaches are what separated Miami,” “They were real guys, and you can see the culture there, and it was a real environment. They made me feel like I was at home once I stepped foot on campus. It just felt great.”

“I would say my last day there on Wednesday (was when I knew),” Barrow said. “I was thinking hard about it. I had a debrief of the whole visit and was just thinking really hard. A lot of people were talking to me, and in my heart it felt right, but it’s something I had to sit on.”

Barrow said he has built a strong relationship with multiple Hurricanes staff members since entering the transfer portal, but he singled out executive director/football recruiting Stephen Field as someone who played a vital role.

“I would say coach Field,” “That’s my dog, and we really connected, and that’s the type of people I want to be around. The whole coaching staff is amazing, but Coach Field was just a real cool man.”

From everything ive heard through the years, Field is a recruiting beast. Surprised he's cool with an off the field role at this point.

Advertisement
This is the Hunt Palmer show, a pod that covers LSU football. It's only 7mins and 45 seconds long, but this guy sounds panicked at where LSU stands with DT's now that Williams and Barrow are off the board.

The thing is... This is EXACTLY our situation had we missed out on Barrow, especially when Hunte left.

It's like watching an alternate universe where we missed out on Barrow and would have had to choose from the following options. LSU is pretty screwed. Take a listen:

Last edited:
Was a boy and now got that grown man body filled out.
Point Finger GIF by Sealed With A GIF

This is the Hunt Palmer show, a pod that covers LSU football. It's only 7mins and 45 seconds long, but this guy sounds panicked at where LSU stands with DT's now that Williams and Barrow are off the board.

The thing is... This is EXACTLY our situation had we missed out on Barrow, especially when Hunte left.

It's like watching an alternate universe where we missed out on Barrow and would have had to choose from the following options. LSU is pretty screwed. Take a listen:

I hate Brian Kelly

Advertisement
I actually think our DLine is going to be pretty good this season.

Guidreaux's scheme creates a ton of pressure by dialing up Blitz from all angles all over the place. Delays, stunts, loops & the whole 9, he generates havoc with the front 7. No, we don't really have that one dominant game changer, but you don't really need one to still have a good pass rush/Run Defense.

But despite some of the losses to the Portal, I think our DL group will be more than serviceable this year.

I actually think our DLine is going to be pretty good this season.

Guidreaux's scheme creates a ton of pressure by dialing up Blitz from all angles all over the place. Delays, stunts, loops & the whole 9, he generates havoc with the front 7. No, we don't really have that one dominant game changer, but you don't really need one to still have a good pass rush/Run Defense.

But despite some of the losses to the Portal, I think our DL group will be more than serviceable this year.
Guys that we know can contribute: Mesidor, Bain, Alston, Clark, Barrow, Cook,
Guys we hope can contribute..some we hope can tribute real soon😅: Lightfoot, Josh Horton, McConathy, Malik’s Bryant, Armando Blunt, Justin Scott, Booker Pickett, Artavius Jones, Elias Rudolph, Dylan Russel.

In terms of guys that we hope can contribute the number and measurables are pretty good. But UM needs, guys they know can contribute and not take that risk. If UM can get 1 of each, DT and DE, and a couple young guys step up and they’ll have plenty of depth for the season. Even if they don’t get anybody else, bearing injuries I still think they’ll be pretty good.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The DT situation is DIRE! Someone better do a wellness check on Mr. Hunt.

He says he's not used to being worried about DTs. They've had issues at other positions in the past, but never DT. I'm guessing this means we're not going to be able to slip Jahkeem "Thanos" Stewart out of LA without anyone noticing?

Cartoon Sneaking GIF

The DT situation is DIRE! Someone better do a wellness check on Mr. Hunt.

He says he's not used to being worried about DTs. They've had issues at other positions in the past, but never DT. I'm guessing this means we're not going to be able to slip Jahkeem "Thanos" Stewart out of LA without anyone noticing?

Cartoon Sneaking GIF
Friz Freleng was an unadulterated genius.

Guys that we know can contribute: Mesidor, Bain, Alston, Clark, Barrow, Cook,
Guys we hope can contribute..some we hope can tribute real soon😅: Lightfoot, Josh Horton, McConathy, Armando Blunt, Justin Scott, Booker Pickett, Artavius Jones, Elias Rudolph, Dylan Russel.

In terms of guys that we hope can contribute the number and measurables are pretty good. But UM needs, guys they know can contribute and not take that risk. If UM can get 1 of each, DT and DE, and a couple young guys step up and they’ll have plenty of depth for the season. Even if they don’t get anybody else, bearing injuries I still think they’ll be pretty good.
of the guys we hope can contribute I got

Joshua Horton
McConathy
Artavius Jones
Lightfoot

as most likely to make an impact.

I think Blount and Scott need timento develop. Blount especially needs a year to 1.5 years of growth ( he reclassified) and Scott needs an adjustment period to P5 level ball as his competition was not nearly as good as FL competition imo.

of the guys we hope can contribute I got

Joshua Horton
McConathy
Artavius Jones
Lightfoot

as most likely to make an impact.

I think Blount and Scott need timento develop. Blount especially needs a year to 1.5 years of growth ( he reclassified) and Scott needs an adjustment period to P5 level ball as his competition was not nearly as good as FL competition imo.
I didn’t really know who to pick out of that group, so I just listed all of them. But I would have to agree with those 4.

Advertisement
Back