Dt recruiting

jsy

Recruit
I don’t know why we overlook this
This is bigger issue than wr
It’s easier to get elite wr in portal or under the rador types and u can scheme around them
Dline is much harder to get though portal and in general not a lot of 300 plus dancing bears out there
Elite dline play is key to consistently winning 10 wins a year
Look at Clemson
Dj looked worse than tvd all last year and they still won 10 games
Dt is about stacking talent
2019 only hh is left
2020 we took ZERO dt
2021 Taylor and Hayes
2022 Moten
2023 ZERO so far
That’s 3!!!! Dts in 5 years
That’s garbage level recruiting we’re bailed out this year by Covid so we have super super seniors
And let’s be honest if you staying in college 6 years u a jag
But this lack of dt recruiting needs to be addressed asap

Advertisement
It’s easier to get elite wr in portal or under the rador types and u can scheme around them
Dline is much harder to get though portal and in general not a lot of 300 plus dancing bears out there
Look at Clemson
2019 only hh is left
2020 we took ZERO dt
2021 Taylor and Hayes
2022 Moten
2023 ZERO so far
That’s garbage level recruiting we’re bailed out this year by Covid so we have super super seniors

We'll be hitting the portal hard for the next couple of years. Expect to take 3-4 guys from the portal this offseason (maybe more depending on who is portaling out).

Once we land Bain that will be one as its likely he grows into a 3T here. But we definitely need a 2nd DT either from high school or portal. Gonna be hard to find another Darrell Jackson type.

Advertisement
We're looking to flip Terry Simmons from Duke and also looking at Caleb Bryant who is a big DE that may grow into a DT.

Advertisement
We're looking to flip Terry Simmons from Duke and also looking at Caleb Bryant who is a big DE that may grow into a DT.
We need to at minimum catch Clemson and that haul ain’t it
Hope we hit big in the portal

I dont personally see Bain as a DT. I see him as an end..slight chance in gaining the weight to be Mesidor size.

Unless their is some late bloomers or they like the GA kid as a dt ( African one) or is straight up planning on flipping the duke dt.

Im sure Brasylen Ingraham will be one they reach out to in the portal. Might want to grab 2 out of there,

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm starting to wonder if Big Joe is worth a **** as a recruiter personally.

Not writing him off yet and hope he gets it going...Just saying

Look at Clemson
2019 only hh is left
2020 we took ZERO dt
2021 Taylor and Hayes
2022 Moten
2023 ZERO so far
There a few positions where the recruiting is baffling. DT is the biggest one for me. Poor job being done as you need young guys to mix with portal guys.

Advertisement
Back