DT position.

Advertisement
We picked up some quality DT's in the 2014 class, especially for the type of system we run. Late signee Brown can go either way at OG or NT, I actually think he has a better future as a NT if he can red-shirt, especially considering the NT in our defense is basically a OG for the defense.

Go Canes

Man please, that kid has no business being on this roster, just because he has size doesn't mean he's UM caliber

Remember in UMs current 3-4 scheme the NT is supposed to occupy Olinemen to free up LB's. Brown reminds me alot of 2010 NT Brandon Ivory that signed with Bama and has been starting at Bama for a few years. Ivory was a under the radar player with one offer to memphis, but bama stole him and he has mushing SEC olinemen ever since.

2010 NT Brandon Ivory story
http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/01/memphis_dl_brandon_ivory_will.html

I think with a red-shirt year Brown could be UM's version of Brandon Ivory. I think AG and staff pull few more late additions out of their magic bag before the start of fall camp.

Go Canes

We picked up some quality DT's in the 2014 class, especially for the type of system we run. Late signee Brown can go either way at OG or NT, I actually think he has a better future as a NT if he can red-shirt, especially considering the NT in our defense is basically a OG for the defense.

Go Canes

Man please, that kid has no business being on this roster, just because he has size doesn't mean he's UM caliber

Remember in UMs current 3-4 scheme the NT is supposed to occupy Olinemen to free up LB's. Brown reminds me alot of 2010 NT Brandon Ivory that signed with Bama and has been starting at Bama for a few years. Ivory was a under the radar player with one offer to memphis, but bama stole him and he has mushing SEC olinemen ever since.

I think with a red-shirt year Brown could be UM's version of Brandon Ivory. I think AG and staff pull few more late additions out of their magic bag before the start of fall camp.

Go Canes

stop saying he's a NT the staff is recruiting as a OG. Brown said it himself that he's coming here as a OG

Go Canes

Its about depth bro....something we are lacking...we are not going to get elite backups, no one usually does...and everyone is not goin to be UM caliber who we sign....it will be less of that now we don't deal with NCAA...

Advertisement
And Golden didn't whiff on Valentine, he played us....don't wanna go back about him but don't forget he was committed to about 4 schools (Louisville,Florida,Miami, and LSU)in one cycle...smh...kids switch commitments all the time but my gosh...4???

Go Canes

Its about depth bro....something we are lacking...we are not going to get elite backups, no one usually does...and everyone is not goin to be UM caliber who we sign....it will be less of that now we don't deal with NCAA...

Man that's a losing mentality, FSU and UF seem to be doing **** good jobs at stacking talent. Their elite talent seem to be fine sitting the bench as they develop. The Junior Alexis and Corey King's of the world ain't gonna get it done, or at least not under this staff's direction.

Go Canes

I totally disagree with you .... backups need to be better .... if their not UM caliber then they shouldn't be at UM

Go Canes

Go Canes

:diaf:

Advertisement
This DT recruiting thing is as weird as it gets. Losing five highly rated in our own backyard the last two years is hard to take. Molten is a move in the right direction. Personally I don,t want to hear about any Juco kids next year. You become a champion when your roster is loaded with four and five star DL prospects period.

We will need to go JUCO again this year in preparation for 2015 & 2016.

You just can't blow it like we have the last 4 years with HS prospects. It's been said a million times on here but it really can't be said enough exactly how ****** we have done here. Freakishly ******.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Horrible post. Schnelly, JJ, and Butch are all ashamed of you.

We will need to go JUCO again this year in preparation for 2015 & 2016.

You just can't blow it like we have the last 4 years with HS prospects. It's been said a million times on here but it really can't be said enough exactly how ****** we have done here. Freakishly ******.

2 million?

103.jpg

Bryant
bostwick
Bain (is he playing DT for LSU?)
Valentine
One more kid. I forget the name but he picked UF this year

Imagine if golden hauled 2 or 3 of those guys with the guys he brought in this year.

has bryant played at all at FSU?

No, but they dont need him to. They have recruited DT so well they dont need guys to even step on the field til year 2 or 3. Jernigan will be a 1st rounder this year, and next year their main guy amongst others is Eddie Goldman.

that's why you and I, and many others have been lamenting the blown DT recruiting for the last three years. It's a huge hole that is going to keep exposing our defense for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
This DT recruiting thing is as weird as it gets. Losing five highly rated in our own backyard the last two years is hard to take. Molten is a move in the right direction. Personally I don,t want to hear about any Juco kids next year. You become a champion when your roster is loaded with four and five star DL prospects period.

i agree that you build a champion with stud DL.

but when you blow it in recruiting for years on end as we have, you have no choice but to resort to JUCO bodies.

For 2015 I thinking UM most likely takes 2-3 DT/NT in the class. We have 1 NT, so that leaves 2 spots I think UM lands NT Quentez Johnson ( because UM staffers will show him the attention he wants) and the last spot will be held for a long time for DT Kahlil McKenzie from Cali ( whom Jethro has known since he was 5).

An if we miss on McKenzie then I would like UM to after 2015 JUCO DJ Jones.

I also like 2015 Nose Tackle TD Moton from Louisiana a lot, but he may have issues in that he has transferred between several high schools in his district, which would cause issues for UM admissions.

Go Canes

Last edited:
For 2015 I thinking UM most likely takes 2-3 DT/NT in the class. We have 1 NT, so that leaves 2 spots I think UM lands NT Quentez Johnson ( because UM staffers will show him the attention he wants) and the last spot will be held for a long time for DT Kahlil McKenzie from Cali ( whom Jethro has known since he was 5).

An if we miss on McKenzie then I would like UM to after 2015 JUCO DJ Jones.

I also like 2015 Nose Tackle TD Moton from Louisiana a lot, but he may have issues in that he has transferred between several high schools in his district, which would cause issues for UM admissions.

Go Canes

You think we have a chance with DJ Jones Juco

Advertisement
Back