DT Jared Goldwire update

View as article
Advertisement
Rumor on TOS is that he texted and said he is going to sign with Lville tomorrow, big loss, hope we can someone talk Norton into coming back. No way we can go into the season with 4 DT

Lol scratched my head all recruiting season about how we weren't targeting any other DTs when our top 3 are most likely all gone

Lol scratched my head all recruiting season about how we weren't targeting any other DTs when our top 3 are most likely all gone

Staff has screwed up recruiting DTs and LBs, number wise. I have no issue saying this.

Staff has screwed up recruiting DTs and LBs, number wise. I have no issue saying this.

DTs yes, but LBs? Even if D Owens leaves we'll have 10 LBs next year. For a team that wants to run a lot of 4-2-5, 10 is plenty

Advertisement
Massive Loss.

Our DT recruiting has been abysmal under Richt whereas we've seemingly gotten mostly everybody else we've wanted at other positions.

DTs is one thing but they've taken 6 LBs the last two cycles and return everybody from last year if Darrion Owens stays. That is 9 LBs that have logged snaps plus Steed and Gordinier. Numbers aren't the issue there. Joyner is an EE as well.

Last edited:

DTs yes, but LBs? Even if D Owens leaves we'll have 10 LBs next year. For a team that wants to run a lot of 4-2-5, 10 is plenty

10 LBs. How many are UM quality?

As for this 4-2-5 mythology, how do you explain us consistently running 3 LBs out there against multiple wides this year and watching receivers leave our LBs standing still staring at the QB?

Massive Loss.

Our DT recruiting has been abysmal under Richt whereas we've seemingly gotten mostly everybody else we've wanted at other positions.

Best DT in South Florida last year and a 5 star talent in Nesta this year? Right. Miami will land the one of the two dudes from Missouri. Relax.

Advertisement
The fact that we have arguably the best DL coach in the country and a storied legacy of monster DL, and we’re still struggling to sign DTs shows just how important the salesman aspect of recruiting is. These dopey kids pay less attention to coaching acumen and more attention to the pitch and the slick talk.

I do not understand the disconnect here. DTs should be knocking down our door to come play for Kool and this defense. I don’t know what the issue is? Is it too hot down there for big bodies? Do our orange jerseys make them look too fat? Has to be something because this position should practically recruit itself.

Advertisement
Terrible loss is true
Briggs is going to sign with FSU too watch. The Carson kid isn’t a sure thing. We needed 3 minimum, this isn’t good.

Massive Loss.

Best DT in South Florida last year and a 5 star talent in Nesta this year? Right. Miami will land the one of the two dudes from Missouri. Relax.

The numbers aren't there. We need to bring in more than one college ready DT with the imminent departure of our top 3 guys.

We won't win big until we can consistently recruit talented DTs.

We need two more DT in the class. I’m sure Kool will be able to find 2 players that he can coach up and dominate with. Check his track record!

Advertisement
The fact that we have arguably the best DL coach in the country and a storied legacy of monster DL, and we’re still struggling to sign DTs shows just how important the salesman aspect of recruiting is. These dopey kids pay less attention to coaching acumen and more attention to the pitch and the slick talk.

Yeah with kools background he should be able to cherry pick pretty much anyone. Still confuses me how we struggle to land a loaded dt class, yes we snag a good one or 2 a class but we should be completely loaded

Massive Loss.

Even if we do sign one of the 2 Missouri guys..
3 DT’s in 2 years is a non issue to you? It would be nice to be able to red shirt one of our bigtime freshman’s DT’s for once instead of forcing them into action because our depth is so poor there.

So anyway, I expect Miami to close with someone in audition to Nesta. We have Brown and Daxon for 2019. We'll prob get Ingram who will turn out to be a DT. We're fine. People get so worked up over nothing on this board.

Massive Loss.

Even if we do sign one of the 2 Missouri guys..
3 DT’s in 2 years is a non issue to you? It would be nice to be able to red shirt one of our bigtime freshman’s DT’s for once instead of forcing them into action because our depth is so poor there.

It would be 4 with Bethal.

Advertisement
Back