DT Jared Goldwire update

There was a HUGE net this spring and summer...No idea why he can't even get visits from someone here??

Silvera- great get from back yard

Briggs (who knows wtf happened here) - Light in the *** for DT. Perfect for Thomas's Strongside DE role.
Goldwire- Juco - 3 Star JUCO can't convince him to play for our D with depth issues at DT. Not worth moneybags.
Boykin- Juco
Barmore
Trout Hoss. Kool needed to visit with a moneybag
Thompson (supposed to visit but sounds like vaca to me) Hoss. Break out the moneybags
Hawkins, OH
Carson (sounds like a legit option)
Chatman (he flaked and we seemed to hold a grudge, available now though GET ON HIM) - Looking for moneybags?
Oladele (DE/DT Kul passed ok) - Suks, not worth the Genron moneybags
T.Vincent - Super Hoss. Perfect for our scheme. Need to back up a truck with moneybags and get Troy Vincent twin Philipino hookers.
Sandidge (from NC, mentioned UM a ton early no visit?) - No word. Should call and tell him to go to Western union for his moneybags
J.Davis (from NC, mentioned UM a ton early no visit?) - Monster. Got out moneybagged. Easy when you ain't giving em out. Gotta up the moneybags
Cobourne
Tatum
Oweh (DE/DT)
D.Parker (that's 4 from Mizzou on this list)
Stills
Vann

Locally
Mercier, Hawkins, J.Jackson (all big SDE that can grow into DT)

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously many tough pulls on there...But if we want to join the elite then you better snatch a tough pull at this position eventually. You telling me not 1-2 more of these kids (thompson is a maybe, goldwire visited and somehow picks Louisville?, Carson visited) is even interested enough to give Miami and Kul an official visit in a year where DT is a top 3 need on the team?

I like this staff doesn't reach, but if it's being too picky on Kul's part ehhh don't think this is the year for that with the need at DT...If it's the fact he can't recruit against the big boys, well that's alarming too, although his talent developing 'em is obviously what we are banking on. But need some bodies to work with.

Fixed.

Why aren't we going after FSU's commit Cooper. I know he's not Kool's skinny DT style but the guy can move for his size and we need pluggers on goalline and short yardage. Plus he can play the Nose allowing us the versatility of playing odd fronts - Moneybags. Take them to him.

He’s signing tommorow

Advertisement
Kul has offered a ton of DTs the last two years and they all tell him to get lost for some reason.

Exactly. Cause those DTs knew they weren't gonna play with all the studs we already had. Our dt chart is loaded. Every single kid is a potential prospect with kul coaching them up.

Bullshît. Aint stopping guys from going to clemson, fsu, osu, bama, and lsu every year.

You know what all those teams have in common? A National Championship within the last 10 years. Winning works wonders for recruiting. We haven't won on that level in a long time. Many of these kids weren't even out of diapers the last time we could legitimately pitch the ability to compete for a National Championship. If you don't think that has hurt us on the recruiting trail, you're an idiot. It also hurts when you can't pitch playing time. DT isn't like DB where you're almost guaranteed to at least see the field on special teams. When's the last time you saw a DT in the role of wedge buster?

Guys want to play. They want to play for winners. And they want to win championships. There's a fine art that separates the really good recruiters who can just whisper in the ear of a 5* and get that commitment, but that's 5% of what it takes to recruit. The other 95% is the three things I listed above.

Throw out Florida and FSU because of the coaching changes.
That leaves 5 teams that won a Natty in the last 10 years.
They all can't go to 5 teams.
Agree that they want to play for winners.
A nice performance in a few weeks and a #7 finish will do wonders.

I agree with some of this. Winning on the 30th will definitely help, especially if we put on the same sort of show we did the last time we were home dogs against a slow mid-west team in the prime time game of the week. But also, I'll repeat myself. Our DT depth situation is only bad if BOTH Norton and RJ leave. If those two bolt, we'll look a lot more attractive to guys who are looking for PT. Not an ideal scenario, but never underestimate the value of being able to pitch PT. Norton and RJ come back, every high school senior out there knows they're starting next season and logging the bulk of the minutes. Guys like Jon Ford might compete for PT, but true freshmen? They're going to be fighting for scraps.

What I will disagree on is that we can just throw out Florida and FSU. You and I know that both programs are dumpster fires, but they refuse to believe that. Visit their boards. The Turds think they are a QB away from competing for the SEC Championship just like they have in 2 of the last 3 seasons. And they are reportedly about to sign one of the top QBs in this class. The Semenholes think Taggart is an upgrade and when Frenchie comes back, they will go right back to competing of National Championships. You don't think these recruits can be just as homerish as the fans they're willing to play for? You don't think these 17 and 18 year old kids don't by the pitch that these are teams who were just in championship games and are only a few key pieces away from being back? You better get real, .

Last edited:
Did people learn nothing from criticizing Rumph and Dugans last year? I sure did

Let it play out mane

Advertisement
Rj was the 780th rated prospect in 2015.
Norton was the 360th rated prospect in 2015.

Both 3 stars, both totally dismissed by the typical over emotional whining womanly fans on this site.

Now, they are legit nfl prospects as TRUE JUNIORS, the best duo in the country.

These same shortsighted over emotional star whoring fans have now discounted Fines and Martin. Stupidity repeats itself over and over I guess.

Uhhhh....I remember a lot of people were very content on landing Norton during his recruiting cycle. I don't remember a lot of people knocking RJ McIntosh. Try harder.

You weren't here when people were crying about taking a leftover like Norton that UF and FSU didn't want. You weren't around when folks were crying about settling for an undersized project almost 2 star kid like RJ.

you werent here neither. cuz who are these "folks" that cried about either.. Folks were hyped for Norton actually..and Mcintosh was a pull that most liked as he was a plus sized kid. Yall rewriting history i swear.

[TWEET]943276047906295808[/TWEET]
Trevor trout and Michael Thompson not signing early?

Did people learn nothing from criticizing Rumph and Dugans last year? I sure did

Let it play out mane

Whats dat got to do with DT?

These same criticism where going around last year about those positions too

Different position with a different recruiting history here. Dt has been a fail for years.

Which is how we got these two studs everybody is scared ****less we might lose...

Advertisement
The point is, everyone was complaining about DB and WR recruiting last year before signing day (including I)

No point in losing your ****. Especially when the coach is Kool, not Randy ******* Melvin or some **** like that

The point is, everyone was complaining about DB and WR recruiting last year before signing day (including I)

No point in losing your ****. Especially when the coach is Kool, not Randy ****ing Melvin or some **** like that

Well said ^...

There was a HUGE net this spring and summer...No idea why he can't even get visits from someone here??

Silvera- great get from back yard

Briggs (who knows wtf happened here) - Light in the *** for DT. Perfect for Thomas's Strongside DE role.
Goldwire- Juco - 3 Star JUCO can't convince him to play for our D with depth issues at DT. Not worth moneybags.
Boykin- Juco
Barmore
Trout Hoss. Kool needed to visit with a moneybag
Thompson (supposed to visit but sounds like vaca to me) Hoss. Break out the moneybags
Hawkins, OH
Carson (sounds like a legit option)
Chatman (he flaked and we seemed to hold a grudge, available now though GET ON HIM) - Looking for moneybags?
Oladele (DE/DT Kul passed ok) - Suks, not worth the Genron moneybags
T.Vincent - Super Hoss. Perfect for our scheme. Need to back up a truck with moneybags and get Troy Vincent twin Philipino hookers.
Sandidge (from NC, mentioned UM a ton early no visit?) - No word. Should call and tell him to go to Western union for his moneybags
J.Davis (from NC, mentioned UM a ton early no visit?) - Monster. Got out moneybagged. Easy when you ain't giving em out. Gotta up the moneybags
Cobourne
Tatum
Oweh (DE/DT)
D.Parker (that's 4 from Mizzou on this list)
Stills
Vann

Locally
Mercier, Hawkins, J.Jackson (all big SDE that can grow into DT)

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously many tough pulls on there...But if we want to join the elite then you better snatch a tough pull at this position eventually. You telling me not 1-2 more of these kids (thompson is a maybe, goldwire visited and somehow picks Louisville?, Carson visited) is even interested enough to give Miami and Kul an official visit in a year where DT is a top 3 need on the team?

I like this staff doesn't reach, but if it's being too picky on Kul's part ehhh don't think this is the year for that with the need at DT...If it's the fact he can't recruit against the big boys, well that's alarming too, although his talent developing 'em is obviously what we are banking on. But need some bodies to work with.

Fixed.

Why aren't we going after FSU's commit Cooper. I know he's not Kool's skinny DT style but the guy can move for his size and we need pluggers on goalline and short yardage. Plus he can play the Nose allowing us the versatility of playing odd fronts - Moneybags. Take them to him.

He’s signing tommorow
Why would a good DT with options sign without knowing who D coordinator is going to be? Let alone sign early.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Obviously would love to land another big time DT, but I'm actually ok with Willis, Ford, Bethel, and Silvera as a 4 man rotation next year. We'd need quite the haul in 2019, however.

Obviously would love to land another big time DT, but I'm actually ok with Willis, Ford, Bethel, and Silvera as a 4 man rotation next year. We'd need quite the haul in 2019, however.

Yall dudes do not understand how to build depth at all.

Yall dudes do not understand how to build depth at all.

I agree with you. Ideally, you don't want to have to replace 3-4 DTs in one given year. My wishful scenario at this juncture is to pair a quality JUCO with Nesta while taking a guy like Carson and red-shirting him so he can get his weight up.

Advertisement
Back