DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love taking a raw but high upside dlineman because I hate playing too many as true freshmen unless they're elite. Hastings if he comes will ball big time once he gets refined

I wouldn't spend much time going after him, it's the culture shock.

An example when I played college ball up here, we had a QB from Montreal, he's black(important for the story) hes name was Wayne Desmond, so I think he was Jamaican, we had a bunch of of guys from Jamican, Haiti and Barbados on our team, either way he got a ship to play in north Texas, not sure the school.

When he went there he was friendly with everyone, so he was chopping it up with the "whites" to start off, then he started chatted up the brothers, then the caucasians didn't like that apparently and when he tried to "go back" and hang with the blacks, they didn't accept him cause of that. Then he ended up essentially in his residence 5hrs away from home hanging out with no one for a year, and no one talked to him on the field.

Yall don't realize how tough this transition is for out if state talent is.
We’ve done well with Canadian kids, I think. I never heard of problems with the kids we had integrating into the program. Did we have any Black Canadian kids? Alonzo was different since his family was originally Floridian and he spent his last couple years at Columbus.

That school in Texas where your teammate went sounds more provincial than UM. I think UM and the city might be more cosmopolitan and accepting. I hope that’s he case.

Advertisement
We’ve done well with Canadian kids, I think. I never heard of problems with the kids we had integrating into the program. Did we have any Black Canadian kids? Alonzo was different since his family was originally Floridian and he spent his last couple years at Columbus.

That school in Texas where your teammate went sounds more provincial than UM. I think UM and the city might be more cosmopolitan and accepting. I hope that’s he case.
I would imagine Miami is as well and don't doubt it, I was just trying to make a point that a kid from Nebraska, is just used to certain way of life and coming to Miami (this doesn't mean the players on the team are bad people or not inclusive) is different.
There's always an adjustment, but yeah the Texas school wasn't in a big city, i.e., Dallas, Austin, etc., if I remember correctly it may have been North Texas, but I'm not sure. Directional state schools tend to take regional local kids right?

Most of the Canadian kids lately, at least the talented ones, have gone to the nearish schools Penn State, Michigan, Syracuse, and the kids who live in the western provinces including BC tend to go to the midwest and west coast schools.
Chubba Hubbard was from Edmonton and went to Oklahoma State, and he was the biggest protestor of that far right stuff their coach was quietly promoting.
Lamar Goods, another kid from northern Alberta ended up going to UF actually, was a 4star rated DT, but haven't heard anything about that stuff yet.
I'll touch base with one of my boys who coached him in HS.

Batty Boy for real
SkeletalUnlawfulHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

Go Canes
Batty Ali G. In real life a ****** kid who graduated from Cambridge with honors and wrote his thesis on the American Civil Rights movement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Most Canadians I know would have jumped at the chance to go to college in Miami. They're the third biggest contingent of snowbirds after Greater New York and Greater Boston. Our problem isn't attracting them down to South Florida, it's identifying talent and projecting their development from so far away. Kehoe specials flamed out a lot, too. But if we believe we like a Canadian kid, we have just as much a chance as the Big schools if not better.

Kid at first glance reminds me of

Hate to bring it up but I don't know why Marcus didn't have a greater career at UM. That was a period when I couldn't follow the team as closely as I do now but I was hoping for bigger things. Maybe there's something I've forgotten, like injuries? I dunno. I know, this is really tangential to discussing the prospect at hand.

Advertisement
Back