DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

A team where players don't talk to a teammate because he hangs out with blacks or whites is a not a team.

That's a toxic environment and will never have a winning culture, I really doubt that's going on at Miami.

There are many culture shock examples for Miami but race isn't one of them.
At no point did I say that's what happened at Miami, and you're just posting to post now and saying cliche things, which is fine.

I'm was only stating the fact that fitting in, in general is tough, and that part of the visiting the school, etc.
Was also saying that a kid from Canada, might have a hard time with this, just cause its a different world. It's certainly better then Gainesville, which definitely what I showed an example of happened and likely continues to.

Advertisement
At no point did I say that's what happened at Miami, and you're just posting to post now and saying cliche things, which is fine.

I'm was only stating the fact that fitting in, in general is tough, and that part of the visiting the school, etc.
Was also saying that a kid from Canada, might have a hard time with this, just cause its a different world. It's certainly better then Gainesville, which definitely what I showed an example of happened and likely continues to.

You said we shouldn't recruit him or waste time with him because of what happened to one player at Texas.
That's suggesting it'll be the same case here.
We've had plenty of players from Canada and other parts of the country adjust just fine.

You dont read the whole thread or sentence, but you're right, we should recruit hard because we got 3 players from canada, which you describe as one singular region, 3 players in the past 30 years.

Let me do some digging.
There hasn't been any organized ball in Canada for over a year now.
Off the hop kids from Toronto don't go far. Think northeast, Michigan and Penn State are the big pulls here and close. That TE last year, those were the two main schools for a reason.
We're liberal here, so the SEC pull won't be there, that's a monster cultural jump.
Miami can make a push, if he feels comfortable with the players and culture. The distance isn't the problem it's only a 3hr flight from toronto to miami and it's cheap.
Inner-city Toronto kids like city life and most love Miami. The reason they go to Big 10 schools is cause those are the best programs that offer typically. Guys I played with/against went to Iowa, PSU, Mich St, UVA etc but when I was playing in the mid-late 2000s Miami and USC were the hot schools everyone liked. Toronto/Montreal and the rest of Canada are very different culturally. I said this before when that Theo Johnson TE recruit was being recruited. The smaller town kids are drawn to Big 10 and MAC country. I knew we had no shot. Toronto kids expect big city attractions like diverse food and entertainment. There's no culture shock going to Miami smh.

Apparently he just started playing in 2019.

Doing some digging it looks like he's from the 'burbs but fwiw top basketball recruits from the same area go to top programs in the South like Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, etc.

No I'm well aware, eastern canada or more specially the 401 corridor, I.e. windsor/detroit to quebec city, is the hub of the country and culturally ain't that far off, quebec city being the different one, is the French stronghold.

Just making a point, that culture fit is a thing and when other on CIS make mention of only going after big city kids, it's a real thing.
I didn't chose the big city schools for that reason, I was from a town of 150k thst is 100 percent blue collar and has a lot of people from the sticks. I only got accepted by the older guys, because I kept my mouth shut and I beat almost everyone other then 1 guy at the 40 time. They didnt expect a white boy from northern Ontario to best Jamaican at the 40 yard dash haha
Unless you were on your Ben Johnson supplements 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
UF just offered, they must probably know Walter Nolan not coming.

Nolen has UF in his “new” top 3 of UF, A&M, and Tennessee. He’ll be at UF for the Bama game (our biggest [home] game of the year) along with Evan Stewart and Harold Perkins.

we’ll get Jamari Lyons as DT2, maybe hold on to Francois Nolton, hold out for Nolen, and take another DT. We’re good on numbers at WDE/Buck

Advertisement
Back