DT Ford says he's set to enroll Sunday

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_5721.jpg

The final member of Miami's 2017 signing class is set to officially arrive on campus this weekend.

Defensive tackle Jon Ford, a local product from Dillard High School and Miami's lone signeee at the position, told CanesinSight that he's been given clearance to enroll this Sunday.

Miami remained optimistic over the last month that Ford would qualify. Yesterday, defensive coordinator Manny Diaz equated Ford to "a present under the tree that you forget about."

Ford would be able to practice beginning Monday, but is not allowed to wear pads until his 5th day of practice due to NCAA rules.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dang, Petey up early doing work. Agreed, this is great news. Now get to work young man and catch up with the rest and be ready to play if needed. Game time is coming fast! Go Canes!

Advertisement
Another thing with this staff that I like is how they get everyone they sign in. Idk if admissions gives Richt more leeway or he's just simply better at evaluating transcripts but whatever it is I like it.

Another thing with this staff that I like is how they get everyone they sign in. Idk if admissions gives Richt more leeway or he's just simply better at evaluating transcripts but whatever it is I like it.

Shalala gone.

Advertisement
I hope he can kick it into high gear and contribute by the midpoint of the season. Need more monsters

Golden was truly a used car salesman. The guy would release recruiting news after big losses to make it look like we were headed in the right direction. ****, he used to have press conference for JAG juniors announcing they would be returning for their senior seasons. It's no surprise he'd sign kids who had no chance of enrolling just to make his classes look better

Advertisement
Great news. Get in him in shape and ready to contribute by mid season.

I don't see him playing this year. Like most think he will probably redshirt this year, but be a big part of the DT rotation next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great news. Get in him in shape and ready to contribute by mid season.

I don't see him playing this year. Like most think he will probably redshirt this year, but be a big part of the DT rotation next year.

I think he is better than Martin and Fines and therefore I believe he plays this year. Injuries happen and that will push him into some type of role in the latter parts of the season.

Advertisement
Back