DT Ford says he's set to enroll Sunday

CNcwxeAWoAAH5Ma.jpg

Advertisement
"If he's any good he'll be gone in three years anyway" isn't always the case.

Not that he should redshirt, but many of our best players have stayed for 4 or 5 years.

This. When did redshirting become a bad thing? If he's not in the top 5 then RS him. Not everyone is gonna be Willis Mcgahee. There will be guys like DJax who will more then likely be here next year for a 5th and give us leadership and **** good depth behind JJax and Garvin. Can't minimize that especially since we will be going for it all next year. Let's stop acting like RSing is a horrible thing!

Not that he should redshirt, but many of our best players have stayed for 4 or 5 years.

This. When did redshirting become a bad thing? If he's not in the top 5 then RS him. Not everyone is gonna be Willis Mcgahee. There will be guys like DJax who will more then likely be here next year for a 5th and give us leadership and **** good depth behind JJax and Garvin. Can't minimize that especially since we will be going for it all next year. Let's stop acting like RSing is a horrible thing!

It's not a horrible thing. But, if Ford proves good enough to play, I don't think redshirting him should be prioritized whatsoever. Particularly considering the possibility of us losing 3 of our top 4 DTs after this season

It's not a horrible thing. But, if Ford proves good enough to play, I don't think redshirting him should be prioritized whatsoever. Particularly considering the possibility of us losing 3 of our top 4 DTs after this season
Just get him the most snaps possible in whatever way. He'll almost certainly be necessary to our defense in 2018. If he's unlikely to grab almost any snaps, RS him. If not, just let him play. He'd probably have to beat out Martin or Fines over the first month of the season to find out. Did the new RS/play rule come into effect?

redshirt (iverson "practice" voice)?

did you hear what LuCane said, "urgency"! there is urgency, no time for anything else. this is 2017, not 1985. we need to win now, ahora, jetz, adesso, Теперь,
现在

Advertisement
I don't see a need to make a concerted effort to redshirt Ford. If Kool can coach him up, with his natural talent, he won't be here 5 years. Plus, we may need him in a major way next season.

If he's simply not ready to play, then sure, redshirt him.

Ford is kind of raw to begin with and then he is coming in late.

So, you agree with me?

No. He might need to shirt.

Willis, McIntosh, Bethel, Ford, Martin, Fines is the best case scenario at DT in 2018. So if he can play then he should probably get his feet wet.

Quality depth. What a concept! Welcome to da U mister Ford, yer officially official....

BEFORE:

4224987.jpg

THE FANS AFTER ANOTHER DT SLIPPED AWAY...AGAIN!:

tumblr_mjedkamycU1qdrf5no1_500.gif

FORD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Unknown.jpeg

Advertisement
I don't see a need to make a concerted effort to redshirt Ford. If Kool can coach him up, with his natural talent, he won't be here 5 years. Plus, we may need him in a major way next season.

If he's simply not ready to play, then sure, redshirt him.

Ford is kind of raw to begin with and then he is coming in late.

So, you agree with me?

No. He might need to shirt.

So, basically what you're saying is, "if he's simply not ready to play, then sure, redshirt him"

Redshirts are obsolete. This kid is going to be asked to start next year. Why waste him on the bench? Plain dumb. Kid needs game day experience now, not next year at lsu.

Redshirts aren't obsolete but when you have as few scholarship players on the rooster as we do they aren't very useful.

Redshirts are obsolete. This kid is going to be asked to start next year. Why waste him on the bench? Plain dumb. Kid needs game day experience now, not next year at lsu.

Redshirts aren't obsolete. Miami just hasnt recruited at that level to have the depth to be able to rs guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He can still play 4 years without taking a RS. How many of our best players were here for 5 years?

Nowadays, we get three years. After year 3, NFL or transfer. No use in redshirting unless the kid is injured. Croots HATE the idea of redshirting...Soooo, just get it out of your thick heads.

He can still play 4 years without taking a RS. How many of our best players were here for 5 years?

Only great 5th year senior that comes to mind immediately is Reed.

But the "if he's any good he'll be gone in three years anyway" thing wasn't true more recently with Coley, Elder, Chad Thomas, Hurns. Most of the time it will be true (redshirting Lamar Miller, David Njoku was stupid) but I don't get the sense that Ford is good enough to be a 3 and out guy.

Only great 5th year senior that comes to mind immediately is Reed.

But the "if he's any good he'll be gone in three years anyway" thing wasn't true more recently with Coley, Elder, Chad Thomas, Hurns. Most of the time it will be true (redshirting Lamar Miller, David Njoku was stupid) but I don't get the sense that Ford is good enough to be a 3 and out guy.

I don't expect Ford to be a 3 and out guy either. But I don't expect him to play more than 4 years here either. It's incredibly rare these days for a kid with size and ability to spend 5 years at a university.

If Ford is still here in 5 years that most likely means he's terrible. And in that case they'd probably run him off before year 5 anyway.

Advertisement
Back